The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

• Please log in to reply
5768 replies to this topic

#4981 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Not poor me, I enjoy the nonsense you guys post, it really enlightens me to how the left really thinks.

It also isn't about who wins or loses either, it is the ridiculousness you guys pull out of your ass in a vain attempt to discredit, demonize, and subjegate anyone who disagrees with you, while at the same time participating in a giant circle jerk with anyone who you think does agree with you.

It is especially funny when you agree with someone and we can tell you have no idea what they meant (Usually we can tell when you agree with someone who just stated something that directly contradicts your views). But they oppose the guy on the right so they must be on the right track!!

Fun times.

#4982 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Aww, I missed yourlefthand, and I always love when people argue for over ideas of distributive justice (especially when they use a nebulous terms such as social justice).
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#4983 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

I guess if it were up to him we'd have drones bombing abortion clinics as well.

"It is no big surprise that we fight the terrorists because they are fundamentally un-American, and yet we have terrorists in our own culture called abortionists," Akin said in the Jan. 22, 2008, speech. "One of the good pieces of news why we are winning this war is because there are not enough heartless doctors being graduated from medical schools. There is a real shortage of abortionists.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#4984 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Not poor me, I enjoy the nonsense you guys post, it really enlightens me to how the left really thinks.

It also isn't about who wins or loses either, it is the ridiculousness you guys pull out of your ass in a vain attempt to discredit, demonize, and subjegate anyone who disagrees with you, while at the same time participating in a giant circle jerk with anyone who you think does agree with you.

It is especially funny when you agree with someone and we can tell you have no idea what they meant (Usually we can tell when you agree with someone who just stated something that directly contradicts your views). But they oppose the guy on the right so they must be on the right track!!

Fun times.

lol u mad

#4985 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Vain attempt to discredit? Hell, you all make it so easy that they could teach it on a episode of Sesame Street broadcast on a government defunded PBS.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#4986 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

lol u mad

Sometimes you simply make zero sense. I just explained that I enjoy your nonsense and you retort with "you mad"?

You got me there, I mad. :roll:

#4987 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Vain attempt to discredit? Hell, you all make it so easy that they could teach it on a episode of Sesame Street broadcast on a government defunded PBS.

Ask for concrete examples.
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#4988 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

Oh I'm sure that we've discredited him plenty of times, but vain? Pffftttt.

#4989 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Sometimes you simply make zero sense. I just explained that I enjoy your nonsense and you retort with "you mad"?

You got me there, I mad. :roll:

Now you're just boring me. Why don't you answer Msut's question.

#4990 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Fun times.

Posted Image
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#4991 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

http://2012.talkingp...ell.php?ref=fpb

Scientific data shows that all these theories are lies straight from the pit of hell. Amen.

Batsugunner.png

#4992 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

I prefer my subjects to have a modicum of critical thinking skills.

#4993 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Scientific data shows that all these theories are lies straight from the pit of hell. Amen.

According to Broun, the scientific plot was primarily concerned with hiding the true age of the Earth. Broun serves on the House Science Committee, which came under scrutiny recently after another one of its Republican members, Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO), suggested that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses against pregnancy.

That is why science in this country is under attack. Dumb fucks like this actually serving on the damn science committee? Are you fucking shitting me? Damn America, damn.

#4994 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

You know how the other thread there was the "No Jesus = No Peace" thing, and how that refers primarily (under Christian mentality) internal peace? And that no matter how brazenly ridiculous that comment looks, Christians more or less abide by it and will absolutely not hear anything contrary?

Welcome to another: "God is science. God made science. Science is God."

All three of these have been said to me repeatedly. And yes, it opens up MASSIVE cognitive dissonance.

Understand I don't mean this said ironically by atheists or agnostics. These are church goers saying this.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#4995 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Once you believe that, there's no room left to talk about anything, you'd might as well become a brick wall. If I have to completely relieve myself of any and all critical thought to attain inner peace, then I guess I'm going to be one unpeaceful motherfucker.

#4996 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm a moderately conservative Christian, but I gotta say this guy and Rep. Akin are spewing ignorance. They certainly don't reflect the views of all Christians and conservatives. In ancient Hebrew texts time frames and numbers in general were most often figurative. So to adhere to the medieval 6,000 yrs theory is ridiculous.

#4997 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

You know how the other thread there was the "No Jesus = No Peace" thing, and how that refers primarily (under Christian mentality) internal peace? And that no matter how brazenly ridiculous that comment looks, Christians more or less abide by it and will absolutely not hear anything contrary?

Welcome to another: "God is science. God made science. Science is God."

All three of these have been said to me repeatedly. And yes, it opens up MASSIVE cognitive dissonance.

Understand I don't mean this said ironically by atheists or agnostics. These are church goers saying this.

Did you ever play Silent Hill 4. One of the notes explained that all the freaky Silent Hill stuff could happen because the antagonist had created a space outside the realm of the Christian god. I always thought it was a cool flipside to the deist clockmaker god that several, including America's forefathers, believe in. It also didn't hurt that the town was founded by an insane cult and built on the site of an Indian burial ground, Civil War hospital, enormous jail, sadistic lunatic asylum, and dark well of energy.

What else was interesting was that the cultists always saw it as paradise whereas anyone who plays the game knows it's hell. I always wanted those games to have a portion where they show the world in through the eyes of the cultists, that would be interesting. Of course now the SH series is becoming sadly formulaic.

I don't know what this has to do with the topic but whatever.

#4998 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm a moderately conservative Christian, but I gotta say this guy and Rep. Akin are spewing ignorance. They certainly don't reflect the views of all Christians and conservatives. In ancient Hebrew texts time frames and numbers in general were most often figurative. So to adhere to the medieval 6,000 yrs theory is ridiculous.

What evidence suggests the writers of the Bible, who varied in time, place, and person, all meant those numbers figuratively and not literally?

Edit: Oh, and if you don't believe in the 6,000 year continuum, how old do you think the Earth / Universe are?

#4999 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

What evidence suggests the writers of the Bible, who varied in time, place, and person, all meant those numbers figuratively and not literally?

Edit: Oh, and if you don't believe in the 6,000 year continuum, how old do you think the Earth / Universe are?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If you are wanting proof the authors of the Bible were speaking figuratively about the age of the earth then it is impossible because NOWHERE in the Bible does it give any mention to the age of the earth. 6,000 yrs is derived from men trying to guess it's age using vague genealogies in the Bible.

If you're asking for proof that ancient Hebrew used some numbers figuratively, then I'm not going to dignify you with proof of something that is of such general, uncontested knowledge. I never claimed "all numbers" (as you say) were used in such a manner. If you take all the words in the English (including words pertaining to science and biology) you have over 4 million possibilities to describe something. Ancient Hebrew on the other hand has only several thousand words. If you can't deduce that those few words were used for multiple meanings, both literally and figuratively used, then you have no interest in the facts anyway. You're just trolling for an argument.

As for what age I think the earth is... I simply don't know, nor do I care. The age of the earth has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my life, it doesn't affect me the slightest bit in any way, shape or form. I don't need science to prove the age to verify Christianity because as I stated before, the Bible makes no mention of the earth's age. It could be 6 trillion yrs old or 6,000 yrs old, it just doesn't matter. I'm here today, not in the past nor in the future but in the present.

#5000 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

I just want to say that your outlook is refreshingly amiable, PP. WAY better than most people I could talk to regarding these types of subjects.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#5001 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

I just want to say that your outlook is refreshingly amiable, PP. WAY better than most people I could talk to regarding these types of subjects.

Thank-you. I'm not very evangelistic and never want to force others to take on my beliefs. Free will is essential in Christianity. I do however like to express my views and let others know about the things I like. It sorta goes along w/ my drug usage days. Back when I smoked weed daily whenever I came across some really good dank green bud I always wanted to share the good stuff I found with as many ppl as I could. They didn't have to try it out if they didn't want, hey more for me, but I certainly wanted to give them the chance to try it before everything was gone. I feel the same about my religion. I like it and enjoy it so much that I want others to experience the same joys I've found in it. If they want to know how the bud is grown then I'd tell them what I know, if they want to know how Christianity came to be then I'll tell them what I know. If they want to know where to get some of the bud then I'd hook them up, if they want to know how to become a Christian then I'll lead them to the path. If they want to continue smoking some brown mexican ragweed with no decent buzz then by all means I'd let them go on their way, if they want to continue a life with no reward in the end then that is totally on them. I'm not the pusher, just the user.

#5002 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thank-you. I'm not very evangelistic and never want to force others to take on my beliefs. Free will is essential in Christianity. I do however like to express my views and let others know about the things I like. It sorta goes along w/ my drug usage days. Back when I smoked weed daily whenever I came across some really good dank green bud I always wanted to share the good stuff I found with as many ppl as I could. They didn't have to try it out if they didn't want, hey more for me, but I certainly wanted to give them the chance to try it before everything was gone. I feel the same about my religion. I like it and enjoy it so much that I want others to experience the same joys I've found in it. If they want to know how the bud is grown then I'd tell them what I know, if they want to know how Christianity came to be then I'll tell them what I know. If they want to know where to get some of the bud then I'd hook them up, if they want to know how to become a Christian then I'll lead them to the path. If they want to continue smoking some brown mexican ragweed with no decent buzz then by all means I'd let them go on their way, if they want to continue a life with no reward in the end then that is totally on them. I'm not the pusher, just the user.

LOL life with no reward at the end.

For a former methhead you sure are a sanctimonious son of a bitch.

#5003 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If you are wanting proof the authors of the Bible were speaking figuratively about the age of the earth then it is impossible because NOWHERE in the Bible does it give any mention to the age of the earth. 6,000 yrs is derived from men trying to guess it's age using vague genealogies in the Bible.

If you're asking for proof that ancient Hebrew used some numbers figuratively, then I'm not going to dignify you with proof of something that is of such general, uncontested knowledge. I never claimed "all numbers" (as you say) were used in such a manner. If you take all the words in the English (including words pertaining to science and biology) you have over 4 million possibilities to describe something. Ancient Hebrew on the other hand has only several thousand words. If you can't deduce that those few words were used for multiple meanings, both literally and figuratively used, then you have no interest in the facts anyway. You're just trolling for an argument.

As for what age I think the earth is... I simply don't know, nor do I care. The age of the earth has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my life, it doesn't affect me the slightest bit in any way, shape or form. I don't need science to prove the age to verify Christianity because as I stated before, the Bible makes no mention of the earth's age. It could be 6 trillion yrs old or 6,000 yrs old, it just doesn't matter. I'm here today, not in the past nor in the future but in the present.

Well, the point is that for the Bible to be this divinely inspired piece of writing, we couldn't have any dissonance between the writers. That's why I said all. I did notice you said most often, though.

Now, it may not affect what you buy at the grocery store, but it does matter if your religion can't stand up to scientific scrutiny. Additionally, it's odd that a god would communicate through an ancient anthology of books and letters only, yet fail to make them clear enough for each person to understand on his/her own. If the Christian god that most Christians believe gives everyone a chance to accept 'salvation', then why would he allow his Bible to be not only confusing, but so easily manipulated and taken out of context. For most of the Christians I've seen, they have trouble even understanding most of the Bible (let's be nice and say the New Testament only.)

Of course, this doesn't explain the millions who will never have access at all to this one true religion. I've heard some say that they are to have an innate desire to seek God out and not doing so is their own fault.

Now, of course, you could be something of a Calvinist, who, as I understand, pretty much believes that God chose only a certain number of people in the human timeline to be saved. He knew who they were and that they would accept this salvation. Everyone else was out of luck long before their own existence. Many would never have the chance in the first place, though some would bumble in to it by accepting 'salvation' while adhering to a mostly different set of beliefs.

It is just odd that this perfect god would create something that couldn't hold up to perfection, then damn them for eternity, give them a crappy confusing manual for survival, and forget to make enough copies for everyone. Anyway, if you want to ignore the controversy around the creation / arrival of Homo Sapiens or whatever, that's your call.

#5004 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

I take it you aren't really the curious type? See, that is part of what I credit for keeping me from believing in the supernatural or religion in general. You don't' care how old the earth is, well I'd actually like to know. In fact, thousands of people in various fields would like to know, if for no other reason than scientific curiosity. That curiosity is what makes life worth living to me, I couldn't just stop caring,if I did I might as well be dead because I've ceased learning. That's what I find so frustrating about many religous people, you don't care to know, you seem to think that scientific knowledge isn't worth exploring.

#5005 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

LOL life with no reward at the end.

For a former methhead you sure are a sanctimonious son of a bitch.

I've sene it, people often times swing from one extreme to the other. Either they're wild and trying to kill themselves, or they're ultra religious, no moderate in between like most people.

#5006 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

He who fucks nuns will later join the church?

Posted Image

#5007 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Works for priests and choir boys.

Oh wait, no, the priests are already in the church. Hmm.....

#5008 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

ID2006, did you even bother to read what I wrote before you tried to claim that I feel the exact opposite of what I said? You basically just told me my religion doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny because of the 6,000 yr theory and that I am choosing to ignore the controversy of creation. That's pure ignorance. I clearly stated that I believe the earth is older than 6,000 yrs and that time-frame was established from man and his theories, not from God. Not only am I engaging the topic, but it also passes scientific scrutiny.

Clak, I don't think people should stop learning. Those ppl who work in the various fields have an interest and follow it. My interests lie elsewhere so naturally I care to study up on and spend time on other things. Exploring science is very prudent, just not my personal interest. I don't ignore it, nor do I dwell on it.
I can empathize with your misgivings about the Bible's vagueness. I feel it is entirely on purpose that so many things are left directly unanswered. If everything were explicitly explained then there would be no finding God on my own. I wouldn't be 'choosing' God but merely following a set of rules. That is why the Israelite people never held Jerusalem for long. They always put more emphasis on the law rather than focusing on God and the purpose of the law. So God sent Jesus to shatter the law and bring focus back to Him.

As for being 'sanctimonious'... I apologize for coming across that way. I do not believe I am any better than any of you. I was simply saying that Christianity has a reward of eternal life in Heaven, whereas atheism is life then death, the end. No rewards or reflections, just start and stop. I guess you could say the reward is life itself, but I assure you there are a large percentage of non-Christians who do not feel that this life is a reward. (I'm assuming that atheism is the alternative expressed in most of you). I don't see how you could consider this extreme, but so be it. You certainly are right about many ppl going from one extreme to the other though. I know you guys don't want a Bible lesson so I won't go into detail, but the Bible almost says as much. It says something to the effect of those who have a harder path in finding God make a greater witness for Him.

#5009 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

As for being 'sanctimonious'... I apologize for coming across that way. I do not believe I am any better than any of you. I was simply saying that Christianity has a reward of eternal life in Heaven, whereas atheism is life then death, the end. No rewards or reflections, just start and stop. I guess you could say the reward is life itself, but I assure you there are a large percentage of non-Christians who do not feel that this life is a reward. (I'm assuming that atheism is the alternative expressed in most of you). I don't see how you could consider this extreme, but so be it. You certainly are right about many ppl going from one extreme to the other though. I know you guys don't want a Bible lesson so I won't go into detail, but the Bible almost says as much. It says something to the effect of those who have a harder path in finding God make a greater witness for Him.

First off, it's great you're off the meth and if it takes the Bible then keep running with that.

But let's be honest for a second, you're basically saying that we're all going to 'not heaven' ;) because we're not good Christians. OK fine, we all know what you mean by that. Just want to say that for me, your posts would be easier to swallow if you prefaced them with "I believe", after all there is no proof for anything you're saying about heaven yet you sound so matter-of-fact.

Also don't assume you know the beliefs of other people.

#5010 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Tell a Jew to go to hell, watch their response. :rofl: