The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

• Please log in to reply
5768 replies to this topic

#5011 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

First off, it's great you're off the meth and if it takes the Bible then keep running with that.

But let's be honest for a second, you're basically saying that we're all going to 'not heaven' ;) because we're not good Christians. OK fine, we all know what you mean by that. Just want to say that for me, your posts would be easier to swallow if you prefaced them with "I believe", after all there is no proof for anything you're saying about heaven yet you sound so matter-of-fact.

Also don't assume you know the beliefs of other people.

I have not used the words 'I beleive' because there was no cause to use them. I talked about the use of numbers in ancient Hebrew- not a belief but a fact. When I did speak of Heaven I had already stated the things I spoke about were what I liked and that others may take another view. I expressly stated others could do as they liked. It is already determined that those things were my belief and not something of irrefutable proof. I opined, I did not dictate. What you're asking is essentially telling me to put 'I believe" before every single sentence, but there's no need to do that when it is reasonably concluded those are beliefs by simply reading the whole post. And I cannot say anyone is going to Heaven or Hell. I see how my chosen words reflect that, but I do not mean to say such. In my world view God is the only judge for that matter. I do not have the to power to save anyone, so therefore I do not have the power to condemn anyone. I believe I am going to Heaven. I believe everyone has the chance to go too. I do not believe I have any say what-so-ever as to whether another person is going or not. My words did reflect that notion and I will be more careful choosing terminology in the future.

Now for assuming others' beliefs. What choice do I have. No one here has stated a belief other than they believe science disproves any notion of a god. To what conclusion could I arrive at other than those posts were atheistic in nature? Does anyone here who states science disproves the notion of a god believe themselves to be something other than atheist? And to be extra clear, I'm not bashing atheism. I think it is quite bold and admirable to believe there is no higher power, I just do not happen agree.

#5012 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have not used the words 'I beleive' because there was no cause to use them. I talked about the use of numbers in ancient Hebrew- not a belief but a fact. When I did speak of Heaven I had already stated the things I spoke about were what I liked and that others may take another view. I expressly stated others could do as they liked. It is already determined that those things were my belief and not something of irrefutable proof. I opined, I did not dictate. What you're asking is essentially telling me to put 'I believe" before every single sentence, but there's no need to do that when it is reasonably concluded those are beliefs by simply reading the whole post. And I cannot say anyone is going to Heaven or Hell. I see how my chosen words reflect that, but I do not mean to say such. In my world view God is the only judge for that matter. I do not have the to power to save anyone, so therefore I do not have the power to condemn anyone. I believe I am going to Heaven. I believe everyone has the chance to go too. I do not believe I have any say what-so-ever as to whether another person is going or not. My words did reflect that notion and I will be more careful choosing terminology in the future.

Now for assuming others' beliefs. What choice do I have. No one here has stated a belief other than they believe science disproves any notion of a god. To what conclusion could I arrive at other than those posts were atheistic in nature? Does anyone here who states science disproves the notion of a god believe themselves to be something other than atheist? And to be extra clear, I'm not bashing atheism. I think it is quite bold and admirable to believe there is no higher power, I just do not happen agree.

Of course others can do as they like, this is America and we will - with or without your consent. You have no ability to dictate jack shit to me, so your first paragraph is a pretty empty statement.

Also if you really care so much about our views you could choose not to assume, and just ask the question. I'll do it for you:
Q: Am I an atheist?
A: In a strict material rationalist sense, no.

You can dance around it all you like but your disdain for other religions and ways of thought leak through. I guess what irked me from the start was that you said that before Jesus you were into meth and Wicca. The way I see it, if you didn't look down on Wicca you wouldn't have lumped it in with meth.

#5013 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'd just like to say that Frank Lutz is one of the biggest pieces of shit on the planet.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5014 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Of course others can do as they like, this is America and we will - with or without your consent. You have no ability to dictate jack shit to me, so your first paragraph is a pretty empty statement.

Also if you really care so much about our views you could choose not to assume, and just ask the question. I'll do it for you:

You can dance around it all you like but your disdain for other religions and ways of thought leak through. I guess what irked me from the start was that you said that before Jesus you were into meth and Wicca. The way I see it, if you didn't look down on Wicca you wouldn't have lumped it in with meth.

I did not "dictate jack shit," I opined. I formed an opinion and expressed it. I even said as much. So, in your own words... "your 1st paragraph is an empty statement."

"Lumping together" meth and Wicca was merely a time frame of me before Christianity. I admire your effort to change the meanings of my statements, but it just doesn't work. I dance around nothing. To take offense is showing your own insecurities and your inability to follow the written structure. You are just trying to pick a fight, no different than a bully. If that is what serves as your authority to attempt to change my meaning then I pity you. Spin it as you see fit though, you obviously enjoy it.

#5015 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thank-you. I'm not very evangelistic and never want to force others to take on my beliefs. Free will is essential in Christianity. I do however like to express my views and let others know about the things I like. It sorta goes along w/ my drug usage days. Back when I smoked weed daily whenever I came across some really good dank green bud I always wanted to share the good stuff I found with as many ppl as I could. They didn't have to try it out if they didn't want, hey more for me, but I certainly wanted to give them the chance to try it before everything was gone. I feel the same about my religion. I like it and enjoy it so much that I want others to experience the same joys I've found in it. If they want to know how the bud is grown then I'd tell them what I know, if they want to know how Christianity came to be then I'll tell them what I know. If they want to know where to get some of the bud then I'd hook them up, if they want to know how to become a Christian then I'll lead them to the path. If they want to continue smoking some brown mexican ragweed with no decent buzz then by all means I'd let them go on their way, if they want to continue a life with no reward in the end then that is totally on them. I'm not the pusher, just the user.

Can I ask you something? I know that some people who oppose legalizing pot/smoking pot oppose it for religious reasons. Do you know why?
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#5016 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

He who fucks nuns will later join the church?

Well, *I* get the reference. Thanks for making my day.
Posted Image

#5017 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I did not "dictate jack shit," I opined. I formed an opinion and expressed it. I even said as much. So, in your own words... "your 1st paragraph is an empty statement."

"Lumping together" meth and Wicca was merely a time frame of me before Christianity. I admire your effort to change the meanings of my statements, but it just doesn't work. I dance around nothing. To take offense is showing your own insecurities and your inability to follow the written structure. You are just trying to pick a fight, no different than a bully. If that is what serves as your authority to attempt to change my meaning then I pity you. Spin it as you see fit though, you obviously enjoy it.

Yeah but my point is that if you think it's irrelevant then why even mention it?

#5018 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

ID2006, did you even bother to read what I wrote before you tried to claim that I feel the exact opposite of what I said? You basically just told me my religion doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny because of the 6,000 yr theory and that I am choosing to ignore the controversy of creation. That's pure ignorance. I clearly stated that I believe the earth is older than 6,000 yrs and that time-frame was established from man and his theories, not from God. Not only am I engaging the topic, but it also passes scientific scrutiny...

Nice try, but I was referring to the rest of the Bible. Creationism isn't the only ludicrous claim so many Christians think it makes. Are you to disavow yourself of every one? Great, so perhaps you believe in a few moral lessons and that Jesus existed but may have been exaggerated. What else is left?

You may wish to ignore parts of your religion, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Too many Christians believe in this short-term universe theory. Too many believe in the flood and its dimensions being literal (though apparently that's all figurative, but, hey, I guess God forgot to clear that up for the billions of people he created who didn't understand how to think critically.) Maybe all the miracles were figurative, too.

According to Christianity, the Bible was intended for use throughout all time. Stop acting like ancient language being figurative is the reason for the confusion. God can manipulate animals, the ocean, and even the rotation of Earth itself, but he can't make sure his book was written in a language that will be easily translated and understood for the future? Great idea.

If your god cannot even keep things straight among most of his followers, that's pretty sad.

Let's not forget the numerous instances of god-approved violence, sexism, torture, and bigotry.

#5019 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

I dunno...seems like it's reaching a little to talk about grouping Wicca and meth, but it comes off as pretty sanctimonious when he's talking about rewards in the afterlife for being christian and whatever else for everyone else. I could be convinced otherwise about the former though...haha.

#5020 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Can I ask you something? I know that some people who oppose legalizing pot/smoking pot oppose it for religious reasons. Do you know why?

I would have to hear more of what the person says to know for sure why they say that. I would suspect that most Christians believe it is wrong due to the verse that says your body is a temple and not to desecrate it. However that verse lies within a book that is a letter lecturing a church on their sexual immorality. If kept within the context of the letter then it has no meaning towards use of pot. I personally don't believe pot is so bad, only placing it as a higher importance than God.

Yeah but my point is that if you think it's irrelevant then why even mention it?

Do I really need to point out that it is you attacking my beliefs and as such I made a rebuttal? This all started because I agreed that the universe was older than 6,000 yrs despite the general consensus of my peers. Then it was like... "THERE HE IS!!!! GET THE CHRISTIAN!!!!" And so it began. I got accused of saying one thing or another, so I showed I never said nor meant any of those accusations held against me.

You may wish to ignore parts of your religion, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Name me one, just one single example of how what I've said in this forum is ignoring parts of my religion. I do choose to ignore man's speculation but I've given no example of me dismissing parts of my religion. You are taking something I said on a single subject and applying it to all of Christianity. Nowhere do I even hint that the ancient language is the cause of all confusion. I said the use of the language is why man's theory of a 6k yr old universe is wrong. What I said about confusion is God wants his followers to find Him on their own, not because others say to.

#5021 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

Do I really need to point out that it is you attacking my beliefs and as such I made a rebuttal? This all started because I agreed that the universe was older than 6,000 yrs despite the general consensus of my peers. Then it was like... "THERE HE IS!!!! GET THE CHRISTIAN!!!!" And so it began. I got accused of saying one thing or another, so I showed I never said nor meant any of those accusations held against me.

And cue the persecution complex. You all want to be the next Jesus so hard.

#5022 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

Not even 5 minutes into that Stewart O'Reilly debate, O'Reilly said Fuck it and started doing his own thing.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#5023 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

Name me one, just one single example of how what I've said in this forum is ignoring parts of my religion. I do choose to ignore man's speculation but I've given no example of me dismissing parts of my religion. You are taking something I said on a single subject and applying it to all of Christianity. Nowhere do I even hint that the ancient language is the cause of all confusion. I said the use of the language is why man's theory of a 6k yr old universe is wrong. What I said about confusion is God wants his followers to find Him on their own, not because others say to.

This discussion was a mistake. This board is not quick enough for it, and at the rate we're going it will never end. Besides, you probably assumed my tone was aggressive and hostile, when I'm genuinely curious. Anyway, I won't bother arguing about it anymore, so take care.

Edited by ID2006, 09 October 2012 - 03:18 AM.

#5024 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

This argument about Christianity is Classy.

Posted Image

#5025 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

And cue the persecution complex. You all want to be the next Jesus so hard.

You're right. I went too far. That was foolish of me to say.

#5026 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

ever find it hilarious that AM radio hosts will shamelessly call the portion of the country that "doesn't pay income taxes" a bunch of skells but will then turn around and do a VO ad for a company that helps get people out of IRS debt?

Christ they even troll themselves!
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#5027 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

He who fucks nuns will later join the church?

I was actually listening to this when I came to your post, thanks for making my day.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#5028 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Oh you've got to love republicans. A fetus is sacred and anyone who aborts is a murderer, but after that little SOB is born, that's another story....

http://www.arktimes....llious-children

Let me sum it up like this, imagine that rather than strangling Bart, Homer Simpson took Bart to a court and had them decide whether Bart should die..

#5029 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Guy has a book called "God's Law."

Probably rails against "Sharia Law."

And unironically refers to himself and others as "patriots."
Posted Image

#5030 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

The level of hypocrisy within the republican party is staggering, and often times it's some batshit crazy stuff like this. It's not enough that they complain about spending and then spend like it's going out of style, no no, they talk about family values and then captain christian here thinks it should be ok to have a court decide that a child should die for being a little prick. Hell, fits in with Michael Savage's theory, if the little shit won't shut up after being smacked around a few times, take him in and let a court decide if he deserves to die.

How in the living hell is this the party of morals?

#5031 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Oh you've got to love republicans. A fetus is sacred and anyone who aborts is a murderer, but after that little SOB is born, that's another story....

http://www.arktimes....llious-children

Let me sum it up like this, imagine that rather than strangling Bart, Homer Simpson took Bart to a court and had them decide whether Bart should die..

The Republican party should take a cue from Obama and drone strike misbehaving children.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#5032 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

The level of hypocrisy within the republican party is staggering, and often times it's some batshit crazy stuff like this. It's not enough that they complain about spending and then spend like it's going out of style, no no, they talk about family values and then captain christian here thinks it should be ok to have a court decide that a child should die for being a little prick. Hell, fits in with Michael Savage's theory, if the little shit won't shut up after being smacked around a few times, take him in and let a court decide if he deserves to die.

How in the living hell is this the party of morals?

Getting your morals from the Bible is a bad place to start anyway.
Posted Image

#5033 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Getting your morals from the Bible is a bad place to start anyway.

this coming from one of the most anti-organized christianity posters here, it's actually not all that bad. Jesus was a pretty ok dude. Care for those less fortunate than you isn't exactly a terrible life goal.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#5034 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

this coming from one of the most anti-organized christianity posters here, it's actually not all that bad. Jesus was a pretty ok dude. Care for those less fortunate than you isn't exactly a terrible life goal.

Problem is many Christians today would call Jesus a socialist hippie if he was running for President. In principle, Jesus taught a lot of good but in practice his followers have kind of missed the point.

#5035 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

like ghandi said, I like your christ but I'm not so fond of your christians
XBL - Nasum2

#5036 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

I find most Christians these days don't even seem to understand their own religion. I'd even wager to say that plenty of atheist liberals are more Christian than many conservative Christians. Jesus never said "Give them not, for they should stop being lazy and get a fucking job."

edit- nasum I swear I was thinking the exact same thing, just didn't write it.

#5037 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

One of our local scumbags, gotta love it.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais is quoted as saying. "If we need to go to Atlanta, or whatever, to get this solved and get it over with so we can get on with our lives, then let's do it."

He's "pro-life" btw.

#5038 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

One of our local scumbags, gotta love it.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

He's "pro-life" btw.

As hypocritical as his stance is, I find it even more disturbing that the woman was not only his mistress at the time, but one of his patients.

#5039 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yeah like I said, a real scumbag. Sad thing is he's running for re-election. Yeah, he already one the last time. This state makes me sick sometimes.

#5040 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

One thing is for sure - that is going to be one stupid ugly baby