• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Wow, that sucks big time, Best Buy canceled it :(

#93 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

I was pretty unhappy about the cancellation.

I checked two best buys in N. Houston today. Nothing at the cypreswood location, but there were two at the greenspoint store. Tag said 149.99 sale. Rang up as $299, had to get a manager override. They peeled off the incorrect price sticker from the shelf during the process, so I'm not sure if anyone will be able to score the other at that store.

My $7.50 bing cashback was cancelled, but oh well.

#94 XtraN

XtraN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Man impossible to get in on these deals in the bay area :(

Tell me about it. Everytime I need to local shop on a CAG deal another CAGs beat me too it. Well...I would hope a fellow CAG'r got it and not some eBay @hole. :lol:

#95 AltezzaSXE10

AltezzaSXE10

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:37 AM

This sounds like my story verbatim. Lol

On another note, i played gt5p and i cant seem to get the clutch to work and the wheel isn't listed in the menu. Is there a workaround?

In order for the clutch to work, you'll need to press what would be considered the "triangle" button on a Playstation controller (on the 6 speed shifter part) before or during the start of a race. (you'll want to do this during/after the rolling start) Hope this helps.

#96 ssundong

ssundong

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

I just got from BB in IL. I saw they got many G27 in stock now. So, I printed out my cancelled invoice, and brought it to CS. I explained that I ordered it in the online last weekend, but I got cancelled because it was not in stock. And I asked if you do price-match for me. She talked to a manager and said YES!!

I also bought 2yr $40 warranty. Does it necessary? I am not sure. I was so excited and said "YES!" when she asked me "Do you want $40 warranty?"

Can I refund the warranty? Anyway, good luck guys who were very pissed about the cancellation w/o explaination.

THE DEAL IS STILL ALIVE!!!

#97 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

How do you check if the B&M BB stores have them (without going to the stores or calling them)?

#98 mj1984

mj1984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I just got from BB in IL. I saw they got many G27 in stock now. So, I printed out my cancelled invoice, and brought it to CS. I explained that I ordered it in the online last weekend, but I got cancelled because it was not in stock. And I asked if you do price-match for me. She talked to a manager and said YES!!

I also bought 2yr $40 warranty. Does it necessary? I am not sure. I was so excited and said "YES!" when she asked me "Do you want $40 warranty?"

Can I refund the warranty? Anyway, good luck guys who were very pissed about the cancellation w/o explaination.

THE DEAL IS STILL ALIVE!!!

This doesn't mean the deal is still alive, this means you talked your way into getting it half off. For everyone else, the chances of this working are slim to none.

#99 jiggawhat

jiggawhat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

Anyone have midnight club la complete edition and get the wheel to work with it? It says its supported but its not recognizing the wheel? I may end up returning this wheel because it only works in gt5p.

#100 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

if you bought it for $150 and return it then you are a moron, but if it was $300 and you regret the purchase then you should return it. and it doen't just work in prologue. my wheel works out the box with both need for speed shif and nfs underground.
here's the compatibility list:
http://www.logitech....s/5184&cl=us,en

oh, and gt5 drops this fall.

Edited by PublikDefender, 11 April 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#101 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

This doesn't mean the deal is still alive, this means you talked your way into getting it half off. For everyone else, the chances of this working are slim to none.

So? If he found a store with a lot of them in stock, it kind of blows holes in the theory that they were justified in cancelling the order. I'd be embarrassed if I was a store manager and turned this down. It isn't like it was a price mistake, it was a sale. They handled this like crap. Lots of times they don't post these sales online at the sale price. They did so this time. Maybe they knew what they were doing and just reached their quota?

I may be near a BB today, so I'll try this if I am. My chances are higher than "slim to none" IMO if I have the cancellation order printout in-hand. Its only slim to none if you walk into the store without that trying to get the deal.

#102 polishpride212

polishpride212

Buying High, Selling Low

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

I always wanted to buy a wheel and make a rig, but I wouldn't get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

#103 DoubleD

DoubleD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

If anyone is still following this thread and wishing for the Logitech wheel, I have decided after much deliberation to sell mine. I know I started this thread so excited about the deal, but I have realized that I just don't want another peripheral...

I never opened the box, because I have been debating all of this time. So, it is brand-new/in-box. Unfortunately, my son threw away the receipt when he was cleaning up, so I don't have that.

Anyway, I posted over in the CAG trading thread:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=258981

I just don't want to lose money on the deal, so I am asking for $175 plus shipping if anyone is interested. And if you live near me (SW Pennsylvania) maybe we can avoid shipping altogether.

DoubleD

#104 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

This is back and available at some Best Buy Stores. Online search may or may not be working, but there are reports at other sites of people finding them in stores again for $149.99/

#105 Bubbakja

Bubbakja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

I got it in store on Friday for $149, it was tagged there.

#106 RuzzT

RuzzT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

Got one when they were first one sale. If you can grab one for $149.99, that is a great price point for the quality of wheel you're getting. You should only buy this if you love racing sims, as it's kinda pointless for arcade racers and doesn't work with the 360.

I LOVE mine! I play Dirt, Dirt 2, NFS:S, GRID, Toca 3 and rFactor with this all on PC. Eventually I'll get the mount that you bolt everything to, so I don't have to set everything up every time I want to race. I also have a ButtKicker hooked up to my chair so I really feel the engine and the shifting. Definitely fun!