Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Heroes
THPS3
The Sims

Games I know I should get:
Eternal Darkness
Paper Mario
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 2 (only if it's cheap, otherwise I'll get the Trilogy)
Mario Sunshine (already finished)
MGS: Twin Snakes
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

I think that's all of them. Also, any good Action Replay codes? (Just got one of those [v1.14], too. I enjoy codes like jump in Animal Crossing, test rooms in Wind Waker, debug menu in Pikmin)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested to see what you are missing, as I am likely missing it too =P

Maybe the Rogue Squadron Games? I heard they were good.

Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil Zero
Geist

And of course the Viewtiful Joe games.

Fire Emblem, god dammit!
Skies of Arcadia, as mentioned above, which I just can not recommend enough
Rogue Squadron 3 (Main campaign is inferior to 2, but it has a co-op version of 2's campaign, so why not?)
Paper Mario

If you're into RPG's grab the Baten kaitos titles
You MUST get Fire Emblem
Zelda: Collecters Edition
Mario power tennis
Prince of Persia 1-3
Soul Calibur II (if only just for link)
Viewtiful Joe 1+2

I didn't think Pac-Man World 2 was that bad. Not a great game, but certainly not a bad one either - there's entertainment to be had with it.

[quote name='The Crotch']Rogue Squadron 3 (Main campaign is inferior to 2, but it has a co-op version of 2's campaign, so why not?)[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was thinking of getting Rogue Squadron 2. Is there any reason to prefer RS2 over RS3's "coop version"?

I'm stopping by to recommend Skies of Arcadia as well. That game should not be missed. I enjoyed it a little more on the dreamcast because you could hear the disc spin up whenever you were about to enter a random battle, but the GC version came with a few extras.

[quote name='crunchewy']Interesting. I was thinking of getting Rogue Squadron 2. Is there any reason to prefer RS2 over RS3's "coop version"?[/QUOTE]

Only if you want to play RS2s campaign in solo instead of co-op. Since having a co-op version of RS2s campaign in RS3 was considered an extra , they didn't include the ability to play the campaign solo , since that would destroy any reason for someone to go back and buy RS2.

RS2 is a really good game though , no question.

[quote name='Doomed']
Good games:
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Bad games:
Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
[/QUOTE]
Wat?

How is SA2 a good game, yet SA is a bad one?

And how does the bonus disc qualify as a game? It's just a fix for the Berry system in Ruby/Sapphire with a Jirachi.

Anyway, allow me to recommend Mega Man X Collection, as well as Skies of Arcadia.

Wat?
How is SA2 a good game, yet SA is a bad one?

It is not as terrible as SADX. DX had way more problems than SA2, and SA2 fixed some of the problems SA had. It's still a pile of Kunckles rap and bat furries - if it makes you feel better, I'll move it.

And how does the bonus disc qualify as a game? It's just a fix for the Berry system in Ruby/Sapphire with a Jirachi.
I posted my collection to show what I was missing - sorry for posting it.

Anyway, allow me to recommend Mega Man X Collection, as well as Skies of Arcadia.
I refuse to allow you to recommend any Mega Man X Collection.
[quote name='tekworm']And THPS3 is NOT a bad game...[/QUOTE]
It is good. I like it a lot, but it is not "best of GCN" material. I tried to not get my collection made fun of by adding a "bad" category. (I have even worse games I got as gifts that I neglected to post)

Meant to post this with my previous post but got sidetracked. Since I was going through some games in my collection , I decided to mention any games I had that weren't already included on your lists (mostly GCN exclusive games):

Good:
1080 Avalanche
Baten Kaitos (already mentioned)
Baten Kaitos Origins (already mentioned)
Battalion Wars (kinda redundant now with the second game)
Billy Hatcher
Bomberman Generations
Custom Robo
DDR : Mario Mix
Donkey Konga (1 and 2)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem (already mentioned)
Killer 7 (was a limited exclusive)
Lost Kingdoms (1 and 2)
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf : Toadstool Tour
Mario Superstar Baseball (wii game is not really an improvement)
Naruto : Clash of Ninja 2
Resident Evil (REmake and Zero)
Starfox Adventures
Super Mario Strikers (redundant because of Charged)
Tales of Symphonia (already mentioned)
Ultimate Muslce : Legends vs New Generation
Warioland
WarioWare : Mega Partygames
Wave Race : Blue Storm
WWE Wrestlemania X8 , X9 ,
WWE Day of Reckoning , Day of Reckoning 2

"Bad":
Blowout
Go Go Hypergrind (can't remember even getting this)
Geist (not that good but nintendo published)
Mario Party 4-7 (eh , they have there place)
Odama (another meh nintendo published game)
Pokemon Channel
Yugiog : Falsebound Kingdom

Other (non-exclusives or whatever):
Aggressive Inline
Burnout (redundant because of sequels)
Def Jam Vendetta
Defender
Harry Potter : Quidditch World Cup
Harvest Moon : Wonderful Life/Another Wonderful Life
The Incredibles : Rise of the Underminer
P.N.03
Prince of Persia : Warrior Within
Rayman 3
Sonic Riders
Turok Evolution
Viewtiful Joe (all 3 , already mentioned)
Zoocube

Oh and yeah I know I have a lot of games. That's not mentioning games I have that Doomed already listed and just Gamecube games too.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Only if you want to play RS2s campaign in solo instead of co-op. Since having a co-op version of RS2s campaign in RS3 was considered an extra , they didn't include the ability to play the campaign solo , since that would destroy any reason for someone to go back and buy RS2.

RS2 is a really good game though , no question.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Thanks for that clarification. It looks like I'll need to pick up both. Seems kind of stupid to not include single player in RS3 as well, but I guess you pointed out the reason there. Annoying. At least they are both cheap now!

Also, I concur with StarKnightX on all these:

- 1080 Avalanche. I think that's an underrated game.
- DDR : Mario Mix. That game got me into DDR and I still like to play Mario Mix on occasion - I love the Nintendo music remixes and style.
- Donkey Konga 1 - I love this game (never played 2 as everybody says it's much worse??)

I disagree with him on Mario Party 4. It's a good game if you like Mario Party games. Not an uber great game, but certainly it's worth having one of the MP games for Gamecube.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ah. Thanks for that clarification. It looks like I'll need to pick up both. Seems kind of stupid to not include single player in RS3 as well, but I guess you pointed out the reason there. Annoying. At least they are both cheap now!

Also, I concur with StarKnightX on all these:

- 1080 Avalanche. I think that's an underrated game.
- DDR : Mario Mix. That game got me into DDR and I still like to play Mario Mix on occasion - I love the Nintendo music remixes and style.
- Donkey Konga 1 - I love this game (never played 2 as everybody says it's much worse??)

I disagree with him on Mario Party 4. It's a good game if you like Mario Party games. Not an uber great game, but certainly it's worth having one of the MP games for Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

It's been a while so I might be wrong about RS2/RS3 , but that's going from memory. As far as the others you mentioned. 1080 Avalanche was a fairly big improvement over 1080 from the N64. On the other hand Wave Race Blue Storm was more like a step sideways. It was a really good looking game with better physics than the original , but it was way harder.

Your right about Donkey Konga 2 having a worse track list than the first game , but it still has it's share of decent , enjoyable songs.

As far as the Mario Party games , your right , it's usually worth having at least one of them. If your choosing only 1 from the Gamecube ones 4 is the one to get. 5,6, and 7 have some fun bits but just aren't as good as previous games.

[quote name='StarKnightX']It's been a while so I might be wrong about RS2/RS3 , but that's going from memory. As far as the others you mentioned. 1080 Avalanche was a fairly big improvement over 1080 from the N64. On the other hand Wave Race Blue Storm was more like a step sideways. It was a really good looking game with better physics than the original , but it was way harder.

Your right about Donkey Konga 2 having a worse track list than the first game , but it still has it's share of decent , enjoyable songs.

As far as the Mario Party games , your right , it's usually worth having at least one of them. If your choosing only 1 from the Gamecube ones 4 is the one to get. 5,6, and 7 have some fun bits but just aren't as good as previous games.[/QUOTE]

I have no love whatsoever for Wave Race Blue Storm. It's just not any fun. I never played the original, but everybody says it's better. Maybe I'll give it a try some day, but I don't know. I actually think I have a copy of DK2 somewhere, sealed. Maybe I should finally break it open.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have no love whatsoever for Wave Race Blue Storm. It's just not any fun. I never played the original, but everybody says it's better. Maybe I'll give it a try some day, but I don't know. I actually think I have a copy of DK2 somewhere, sealed. Maybe I should finally break it open.[/QUOTE]

100% agree on Wave Race - no fun at all. I found it to be pretty-looking but that's about it.

bread's done
Back