Bayonetta $19.99 Used (XBox360) + Saboteur $19.99 Used (Xbox 360) @FamilyVideo.com

Geez! Bayonetta's price has dropped like a rock since release. I'd imagine it has to do with GoW III. Still, it's got more than its share of good reviews, and I would give it a shot if I had the money. :p Thanks, OP!

need PS3 version...heard they patched most of the problems so its finally on par with the 360 version...

one of the few games ive seen get 9s for 1 version and 8s for another

They patched the loading I believe, so you can install part of the game on the ps3 I think? Would be my biggest gripe if I had only a ps3, though I don't think they could do much for the graphics(texture/framerate/tearing), correct me if I'm wrong. Partial boost is better than none, if you definitely won't be getting a 360 then just pick it up; the game is fantastic. I still need to get back to it whenever this gaming season lets up a bit, I only just barely beat it with hardly anything unlocked.

Anyone know what the shipping is?

They also have Wolfenstien and Red Faction (360) for 9.99 each (Used)

Last edited by a moderator:
I only ordered one game and it was $1.99, but it might be more for additional titles.

As Dr. Geo pointed out, there is a disclaimer that games don't come with a manual although all the used games I ever bought from Family Video had manuals included.Weird.

Do the games come with original case and manual? I've never bought from this site. Also what's the shipping cost? Thanks

I've bought at least 8 games from them and they all came with manuals so maybe its just to cover their backs in case one comes without a manual. Otherwise, they always came in very good condition with cases and manuals for me. *shrug*

Ironically, I bought a sled of game cases from HWV last night. One of them (which also included the manual) was Bayonetta.

I'm pretty sure the statement is there b/c getting the manual is a crapshoot. I've purchased about a half dozen games from my local family video thus far, and I've had 1 come without a manual. Interestingly enough, I've managed to snag 2 different games that included pre-order DLC codes still in the cases as well (Saboteur and Brutal Legend).

[quote name='podunk320']Nevermind just checked website and they mention used games DONT come with manuals :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

You also could have, I don't know, read the post right before yours.

Just sayin', is all.

I've bought 10+ games from Family Video and only once has one of them not had instructions. I've always had great experiences dealing with them. I highly recommend this site for anyone on the fence about purchasing from them.

Trying to ship APO is a hassle, it won't let me without changing the state to California. Just a little warning, maybe someone else has better advice on how to get it to work.

[quote name='merchie89']HEY OP, learn to search forums first....there has been a Family Video used game thread for ever[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I didn't see it. Sooo sorry, noob. Thanks for stopping by and adding that delightful and constructive comment. Hope that was time well spent.

Jeez, what's with the attitude on the new guys all of a sudden?

[quote name='Vortextk']They patched the loading I believe, so you can install part of the game on the ps3 I think? Would be my biggest gripe if I had only a ps3, though I don't think they could do much for the graphics(texture/framerate/tearing), correct me if I'm wrong. Partial boost is better than none, if you definitely won't be getting a 360 then just pick it up; the game is fantastic. I still need to get back to it whenever this gaming season lets up a bit, I only just barely beat it with hardly anything unlocked.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the PS3 version at release and the pre-patched version was good but with the loading time and constant framerate drops, I was starting to get irritated by the game.

After patch, however, the game seriously felt 10 times better. The load times were fixed as well as better framerates throughout the game. There is one part, however, (no spoilers) later in the game that has some inevitable slow downs. I think it's a fair assumption that the patched version is on-par with the X360 version.

@OP Just ignore the new people, a lot of them are jerks. But I did find it funny how the guy said that the family-video thread has been around FOREVER and yet he's only been on the forums for 2 months.

[quote name='carbontiger']Yeah, well I didn't see it. Sooo sorry, noob. Thanks for stopping by and adding that delightful and constructive comment. Hope that was time well spent.

Jeez, what's with the attitude on the new guys all of a sudden?[/QUOTE]

No shit, STFU noob. Thanks Carbon for your post, I rarely check the FV thread, great deal for a great game in Bayonetta.
:applause:

[quote name='monkeydoodle']I grabbed the PS3 version at release and the pre-patched version was good but with the loading time and constant framerate drops, I was starting to get irritated by the game.

After patch, however, the game seriously felt 10 times better. The load times were fixed as well as better framerates throughout the game. There is one part, however, (no spoilers) later in the game that has some inevitable slow downs. I think it's a fair assumption that the patched version is on-par with the X360 version.

@OP Just ignore the new people, a lot of them are jerks. But I did find it funny how the guy said that the family-video thread has been around FOREVER and yet he's only been on the forums for 2 months.[/QUOTE]

One of the few games i had to look at myself (on both systems) with all the Hoopla on the net.

Alot of the web hoopla was just that, Hoopla, a bunch of "OH NO's" to draw hits and grab headlines. Unforntalty not all of it was.

On release the "muddied" graphics stuff was pretty much all bs, sorta like a MP3 cant replicate a CD, sure its true, but they just cut the crap we dont hear (a dog whistle makes noise, we just dont hear it). On a 60" HD TV while in play I couldnt see any difference graphicly, pausing the game and showing a shot side by side, maybe, but IN GAME i couldnt see anything different. But stuttering and tearing, yep the PS3 had more (but they both had it) and I must admit its the FIRST game where the Hype was somewhat true. it was blown way up to get fanboys foaming at the mouth on both sides, but it was true. Most of the time I didnt notice it, but a couple spots its pretty bad. At release the 360 version was the better of the two.

load times, hmm maybe im more forgiving then i used to be, i play games on the 360,PS3 and Wii (ok wii need some love soon, its been like a year! and the PC (pc gets 75% of the gametime) and other then some game patchs the load time on my PS3 has never really bothered me enough to even notice it (but 45 minute patchs have!)

never played the patched version so no comment on it. For $19 its tempting if your not sick of the Devil May Cry formula (I'm not). But I already got it of E-bay a month or so ago for $25 (ya I paid more).

[quote name='merchie89']whats the need for 2 threads on the same thing[/QUOTE]

What is the need of you coming on here and posting something rude in attempt to ridicule the original poster, who was just trying to help the community by pointing out a deal. :roll:

I agree, but you're missing the point.

Its was a simple mistake on my part for not seeing the FV thread, but in my defense, the FV thread is nicely tucked away on page 10 of the deals thread. I've been on this site for a little over 3 years and have never seen a FV thread. And its looks like I'm not alone as a few people seem to have taken advantage of my "double post." So no harm done here.

The point I'm making is that
1. Someone already linked the FV thread before you, so it was already pointed out. So, you, in fact, also double posted.

2. You got a lot of sass for someone who's only been on the site for a couple of months. I have no problem with someone pointing out that the deal has already been posted. But starting a sentence with "Learn to use the search," is rude.

Do I really have to quote you from another thread?

[quote name='merchie89']I like how whenever some posts a deal, people instantly start bashing the deal/poster....why does everyone get so mean when they are communicating over the internet?

good job, OP!!![/QUOTE]

That's the pot calling the kettle black. But I guess you only like it when a deal is new to you and you can take advantage of it.

/pwn

Now where's that ignore button again?

Ordered Bayonetta and RedFaction (9.99). Shipping was only $1.99 for both games- Thats really pretty good. Although, you do have to pay sales tax- Down with Taxes!..lol

[quote name='havuk']Theres one of these for every thread :roll:[/QUOTE]

As a collector, I can see where having no manual wouldn't be the greatest. But as a gamer or reseller. It really doesn't matter that much.

I appreciate the post, OP. I was this close to pulling the trigger, but decided to pass in favor of the backlog. I was never too interested in this game anyway. Never was a big fan of DMC but this one got such good reviews that I want to at least give it a chance.

Maybe not everybody watches the general FV thread every second? Like...well, everybody?

[quote name='Dr Geo']No manual? Shaqfu that.[/QUOTE]

If only manuals were a dollar on eBay.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Ordered Bayonetta and RedFaction (9.99). Shipping was only $1.99 for both games- Thats really pretty good. Although, you do have to pay sales tax- Down with Taxes!..lol[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of gaming right there for $30 + shipping/taxes. Wise move. :mrgreen:

Heard the MP on Red Faction was pretty fun, I've half tempted to re-buy it just for that.

Thanks OP, nice site and I'm thinking over if I should buy Bayonetta or not. Got a pretty big backlog but I heard the game is great.

Just a heads up EA Store is having that 20 dollar off coupon til April 9 for games 40 dollars and over. So you can get Saboteur for 20 dollars new. And it is a great highly underrated game. The code is PaxEast something or other. I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

I would of never known about this because I never even check the other thread so thanks OP. I'm in for one and I'm crossing my fingers that it comes with a manual, if not there is always ebay to buy one ;) Also one question, do the games at least come in their original box and cover art? And any stickers or anything on them? It's a pet peeve of mine, one reason why i stop going to gamestop lol.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']I would of never known about this because I never even check the other thread so thanks OP. I'm in for one and I'm crossing my fingers that it comes with a manual, if not there is always ebay to buy one ;) Also one question, do the games at least come in their original box and cover art? And any stickers or anything on them? It's a pet peeve of mine, one reason why i stop going to gamestop lol.[/QUOTE]

Only a sticker right on the clear plastic in the center of the disc

I've always got the original box and cover art with my orders. Stickers are nowhere near as bad gamestop. Like funk said, generally just one in the center of the game disc.

and sometimes in the right bottom corner on the front of the box there's a white sticker about an inch squared...but like JDMoney said, no where near as bad as GS.

Alright, thanks for your feedback. I ordered a copy, as long as the game works and it's in good condition i can't really complain. Thanks everyone! =)

[quote name='MrEKO73']Anyone know what the shipping is?

They also have Wolfenstien and Red Faction (360) for 9.99 each (Used)[/QUOTE]

I just ordered 2 games for XBOX 360 : Bayonetta and Need for Speed Shift and the shipping cost was $1.99 total

Got my copy of Bayonetta today and while it doesn't have a manual, its mint condition. I'd say like Gamefly quality disc, cover art and case.

I received mine today too. Didn't include the manual either, but the disc is in excellent condition! The game is badass btw!

I got my Bayonetta today. The case and manual weren't half bad. The disc you could tell was resurfaced though. As long as it plays, I don't care... it's just the Family Video sticker that I wish wasn't there.

bread's done
Back