Photo
- - - - -

Penumbra Black Plague - PC - $4.00 Shipped!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

There's a seller on Amazon selling Penumbra Black Plague for PC
for $0.01 + $3.99 shipping = $4.00 :)

I just bought a copy from the seller. I've heard many good things about the game. It has a 78 on Metacritic and a user score of 9.0!

http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new

Posted Image

Edited by Unicorntard, 31 March 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#2 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

You'll want to get/play the first Penumbra game, Penumbra: Overture since Black Plague is a straight continuation of the first game.

As for the quality of the games themselves, some of the best unknown titles out there with interesting physics based puzzles and a tense atmosphere with a number of good scares.

I recommend it, especially at that price.

Alternatively, you can get the collector's pack that includes both games on steam for $20.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3 Tancred

Tancred

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Fail.

The prime eligible Penumbra collection on Amazon which contains both games and the expansion pack is $10. Why would anyone get this for $4?

#4 dallow

dallow

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

I was about to complain until I realized it wasn't the trilogy pack.

#5 palejackal

palejackal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

I bought the pack for cheap during some Steam sale. I skipped the first Penumbra title because I read that it contained clunky combat mechanics, and I never played the third game since it's just puzzles, I think.

There's a demo for Black Plague somewhere. I would happily drop $5 on Black Plague if you enjoy the demo.

#6 Misaki Ki

Misaki Ki

Tsundere Angel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

I'm interested in the series now, I'll take a look at it - but this deal looks like a pass for now?
Yes we Nyan!

#7 gargus

gargus

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

Ive played and beaten all the penumbra games and they are kind of cool in that they are pretty unique for being like a dozen other games and has some interesting puzzles and such.

Each game in the series though loses a little more of what made the original fun and my biggest complaint is you never ever figure out what the Fuck is going.
Spoiler
other than that I thought it was worth playing atleast once for the hell of it.

Id say 4 bucks for the first one is worth it though since if you play the first then youve played the best of the 3.

#8 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

The prime eligible Penumbra collection on Amazon which contains both games and the expansion pack is $10. Why would anyone get this for $4?

Wow, nice find! I've heard these are interesting, but maybe kind of buggy? I may buy that pack. Wish Gamestop had it on their website :-/
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#9 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

hmm will have to look into the game.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-