Games Obtainable With: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver
Available from: January 3rd 2011 - January 9th 2011 Raikou
Available from: January 17th 2011 - January 23rd 2011 Entei
Available from: January 31st 2011 - February 7th 2011 Suicune
Available at: Gamestop stores across America

Directions for Download are below or at your local GameStop
These are needed for Black/White

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs

All of them run from October 4, 2010 to January 11, 2011 & You need to complete the mission and then you can transfer said Pokemon to your HG/SS/etc... game.

Deoxys & The Mysterious Temple - Mutiplayer only mission. Have to complete in multiplayer :bomb:. You can get 1 of the 4 forms. All level 50. To get attack form you have to complete the mission in 4 minutes or less.

Protect The Legendary Orb - Upon completion you get a Manaphy egg to transfer.

Investigate The Mysterious Eruption - Upon completion you get a Level 50 Heatran

Protect the Lost Shaymin - Upon completion you get a level 30 Shaymin in normal form.

Engima Stone

Starting July 31, North America players of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver have 28 days to download the Enigma Stone, the key to unlocking Legendary Pokemon Latias and Latios. Legendary Pokemon Latias can be captured in Pokemon HeartGold. Her brother Latios can be captured in Pokemon SoulSilver. Both are exclusive to those games, unless the player has access to an Enigma Stone.

How does one get an Enigma stone?

From July 31 through August 27, The Pokemon Company and Nintendo are making the Enigma Stone available to Pokemon fans in North America. Players with wireless access will be able to download the special item, which eventually leads to a chance at catching Latios in HeartGold and Latias in SoulSilver.

In order to use the Enigma Stone, players will need to have beaten the Elite Four, claimed the National Pokedex, and have two or fewer Wonder Cards in their possession. Bulbapedia has a nifty little summary of how the deal goes down.

Just make sure you go online and claim your Enigma Stone before August 27. Then you can start worrying about how to use it to get dates.
From Kotaku
Also note for players with Japanese games you can now download Goon Scizors over Wifi.

Night Sky Jirachi June 26th- July 16th

Some of us may have got this at Gamestop but looks like they are giving them out again. Directions for download are below.
Here's the Jirachi info:

From June 26th to July 16th players with an NTSC or PAL copy of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver will be able to get a Jirachi by connecting to Wi-Fi (Mystery Gift).

The Jirachi will be at lv.5, hold a Liechi Berry and have a Classic Ribbon. Its moveset is as follows:
  • Wish
  • Confusion
  • Rest
  • Draco Meteor
In addition, if transfered to HeartGold or SoulSilver it will unlock a Pokewalker course called Night Sky's Edge, where one can find, among others, the Pokemon Jigglypuff and Clefairy as well as the TM for Psychic and Moon Stones.
-Friendcodes.com

Winner's Path May 6- June 25th
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml#champpath

Great place to get items like Choice Specs.
Also according to IGN they will have great items attached to the pokemon.
Could this be better than Yellow Forest.
Thx to Ryukahn for the breaking news

Directions For Download
Start up your game, scroll down to your Mystery Gift choice on the main screen, select Receive Gift, then select Get Via Nintendo WFC. The wondercard will download into your game, and then you have to go to any Pokemart and talk to the man in the red jacket by the counter. Of course, this is all dependant on you being able to access a wireless connection on your DS.

Enjoy.
Thx to D4rkewolf4, Bargain, Icedrake, and ZxT Vendetta
Know any upcoming events, just PM me and I can update the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey works for me. I just got the game and can't find one at all.

That and since I don't have pearl etc I miss out on all the other cool gifts they gave away for gold and silver.

Is it possible to just get one thread for all of the giveaways via in-store and WiFi instead of making a new one for each event? You could just change the title of the thread. There is like 4-5 threads on Pokemon on the first page, surely we can tie those together and funnel the traffic to one or two places.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']How far in do I get Mystery Gift?!

Why do I have to advance to get all the good stuff :([/QUOTE]
About 20 minutes in.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hmm I go to the mystery gift and it is says no gifts for me to receive. Is it up yet?[/QUOTE]

It's up now, as I just got it.

I need some help...

I just got the new DSi Xl and connected it to my home wireless network. Everything works fine there.

However, when I go to get the Mystery Gift via Nintendo WFC within the main menu, it won't connect. When I look at my connection settings in the main menu of Pokemon, it says there are only 3 connections and my connection is established on connection 4 because of my advanced wireless setup (SSID is not broadcast and encryption is WPA2). What can I do?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. Apparently, the WFC doesn't support WPA in games. Sooooo I have to downgrade to WEP or I'm kinda screwed lol. That's not going to happen so I need to find another solution.

[quote name='Pck21']I need some help...

I just got the new DSi Xl and connected it to my home wireless network. Everything works fine there.

However, when I go to get the Mystery Gift via Nintendo WFC within the main menu, it won't connect. When I look at my connection settings in the main menu of Pokemon, it says there are only 3 connections and my connection is established on connection 4 because of my advanced wireless setup (SSID is not broadcast and encryption is WPA2). What can I do?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. Apparently, the WFC doesn't support WPA in games. Sooooo I have to downgrade to WEP or I'm kinda screwed lol. That's not going to happen so I need to find another solution.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's kinda silly that the DSi and DSi XL support WPA, but the DS games themselves do not.

You can do as myself and others have done, just downgrade it to WEP, do what you need to do with Nintendo WFC, then put the WPA security back up.

I did it and caught a Pikachu. Thanks for reminding me, OP. This is my first Pokemon and therefore my first Pikachu.

I got the 3 !!! on the pokewalker last night got the pikachu down to one last bar of life and tried to catch it. No bueno!

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but I'm still trying to learn all the Pokemon stuff.

I had already received the Yellow Forrest... after I connected my Pokewalker to the game the first time, it said I got it... So, is there anything special that this would give me that the other does not?

Also, how do I know if my Pikachu is a special one? I got three on the Pokewalker once I got the Yello Forrest, but I don't know if they are special or not?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying to make sure I learn everything.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Okay, this may be a stupid question, but I'm still trying to learn all the Pokemon stuff.

I had already received the Yellow Forrest... after I connected my Pokewalker to the game the first time, it said I got it... So, is there anything special that this would give me that the other does not?

Also, how do I know if my Pikachu is a special one? I got three on the Pokewalker once I got the Yello Forrest, but I don't know if they are special or not?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying to make sure I learn everything.[/QUOTE]

If they Pikachu knows Surf or Fly, it is special

You won't be able to tell if the Pikachus are special until you load them back into your game. Of course, when you do that, you lose all your watts and have to walk some more before trying it again. Try only catching Pikachus when you see two or three exclamation points on the radar. That takes awhile too, but the chances that you've got a Surf or Fly Pikachu are better that way. Just be patient.

[quote name='62t']If they Pikachu knows Surf or Fly, it is special[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trillian']You won't be able to tell if the Pikachus are special until you load them back into your game. Of course, when you do that, you lose all your watts and have to walk some more before trying it again. Try only catching Pikachus when you see two or three exclamation points on the radar. That takes awhile too, but the chances that you've got a Surf or Fly Pikachu are better that way. Just be patient.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I will put them on and check. I know a few of them had three exclamation marks, so hopefully I got lucky :D

Thanks again!

Actually, you *can* sorta tell which pokemon you're getting.

First off, know that the game picks 3 pokemon when you go for your walk. One common, one semi-rare, and one rare one. If you check the Serebii page, you get one each of the A/B/C pokemon. Thus, on a particular walk, you get the Surf Pikachu, you will NOT encounter the Fly Pikachu.

When you use the Pokeradar, there are 4 different scenarios:
One !, then the encounter: Group C pokemon.
Two !'s, then the encounter: Either a group B/C pokemon.
Two !'s, one !!, then the encounter: Either a group A/B pokemon.
Two !'s, one !!, one !!!, then the encounter: Guaranteed group A pokemon.

Since you can only hold 3 pokemon, and your watts get sent to the DS whenever you sync, it's in your best interest to only capture !! and !!! pokemon.

Thanks for the thread. Downloaded Winner's Path this morning. Although I've put the game down for now, I'm sure I'll return to it eventually.

I'll download Winner's Path after I get home from work. I've just finished getting what I want from Scary Cave (finally caught a Marowak).

It shouldn't be. Normally once they're hosted and taken down, that's the last you'll see of them. Especially since right now they are hosting in Japan for the 3 shiny legendary dogs and the movie Scizor and Jirachi.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']So.. how do you go about getting these paths? Sorry for my noobishess, lol.[/QUOTE]

Start up your game, scroll down to your Mystery Gift choice on the main screen, select Receive Gift, then select Get Via Nintendo WFC. The wondercard will download into your game, and then you have to go to any Pokemart and talk to the man in the red jacket by the counter. Of course, this is all dependant on you being able to access a wireless connection on your DS.

Hope this helps. Winner's Path download ends Friday, June 25th. Get on this quick if you want to get the map to acquire 6 Pokemon with rare moves (Magikarp w/Bounce and Wacan Berry, Duskull w/Ingrain and Reaper Cloth, Munchlax w/Selfdestruct and Leftovers, Bronzor w/Trick Room and Occa Berry, Horsea w/Muddy Water and a Dragon Scale, & Beldum w/Zen Headbutt and Shuca Berry).

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Click the link above to pokemon.com.

Yellow Forest is the most frustrating route for me. The odds of finding rare pokemon are freakin' low.[/QUOTE]

When in the Yellow Forest, if the Pokemon you have in your Pokewalker is of the Ground, Grass, or Electric type, it reduces by 25% the number of steps required to find the more elusive Pokemon. So, you will be able to find a Flychu after 7500 steps (vs. 10000+) and a Surfachu after 7125 (vs. 9500), depending on which one of these two was randomly selected when you sent your Pokemon into the Pokewalker. Even after all of this, their percentages of appearance in the Pokewalker are low (2% for the Flying, 3% for the Surfing).

It can be frustrating, but also for the Pokemon enthusiast, can be an exciting find. I have one Flying and two Surfing (one from Battle Revolution) and while I haven't used either in battle, it's cool to know I have them.

Ugh, I really need to start playing Pokemans again. I played Soul Silver addictively for like a week and a half after it was released but I haven't touched it since.

bread's done
Back