Yes, It Was An Aprils Fool Joke - No, You Aren't A Stolen Goods Trading Suspect

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13585[/IMG-R]Big props to Super Programmer John who helped come up with the idea and of course did the coding. All logged in users saw their own username appear as the suspect in an article about a stolen goods trader. Nobody else saw your username in the article. Users who are not logged in didn't see the article at all.

I received about 300 PMs and emails from CAGs, most of whom were completely fooled (and freaked out) by our prank. Many of you thought it was one of the best jokes ever. Thanks for being good sports!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha. I went on the main page to look for the joke, and it still fooled me. I was like wtf!? I thought it'd be something in the item description or something.

At first i was like wtf at the joke..i had never sold anything in the trading forum. Then i realized what day it was. It got me for a second.

i actually created another account trying to see what everyone had commented haha, man i was freaking out -_-

LMAO. Nice. I was scared thinking holy crap HOW DID HE KNOW! THIS CRAP IS UNTRACEABLE?!

jk...I was scared though until I remembered the date. Ugh lol..

This is JohnnyB and the joke is great. When I first saw it I was like what? I never sold anything on CAG or anywhere else for that matter, then it hit me what day it was. The irony of it all is that I am a Preacher and I minister to people about this very thing and how wrong it is. Great joke though. Love the Irony!! Thanks Cheapy I needed some press !! lol lol lol
JohnnyB

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Oh wow I feel stupid. I just messaged CheapyD about it proclaiming innocence. lol xD Nice[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Oh man they really got me. I had just posted my first thread in the trade forums. I logged into another computer, nothing was there, I even PM'ed CheapyD. Nice one, to tired from a 2 day shift to figure it out before I sent out the PM.

I admit it got me for a minute too. Damn you Cheapy for starting my day off as "oh shit, WTF!?"

Got me too... I was just about ready to send off an email. Great joke, have fun cleaning out your email lol
haha just saw the post about the tags, definitely gave me another chuckle, although the tag "roswellkiddisadouchebag" might have been a little bit rough lol

Super Programmer John gets all the credit for this one! If you email the address given in the post, you get some relief in an auto-reply.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Wow, I nearly had a heart attack. :(

Good one, cheapy.[/QUOTE]

You ain't the only one especially since I've been involved in some LEGIT active buying and selling on the trade forum...cheapy, you bastard. ;) :lol: :applause:

You got me till my brain kicked in, now I gotta try and get to sleep now after my nice adrenaline rush just now.

Brilliant stuff. I was in utter horrified shock for about 3 seconds before realizing the obvious but that's more mileage then most any April Fool's lameness can muster these days.

[quote name='uncle5555']You got me till my brain kicked in, now I gotta try and get to sleep now after my nice adrenaline rush just now.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Ha, i said the same thing WTF but then i remember i haven't been involve with a trade in some time and ya it's april 1st. Good one

P.S. I'm a bad trader. lol J/K

LOL, my heart skipped a beat for a second...

...and then I realized, wait a sec, I've never traded a damn thing! And then I remembered what day it was.

Hahha, good one Cheapy.

Aw man, now I'm hoping at least one of my"victims" comes forth, just so I can have an excuse be a douchebag.

it was great. im doing an all nighter to get hw done. then i take a quick break to check on a couple of sites. I was actually fooled for a good 3 minutes. before i realized.. I should log out to see if its still there. haha

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Oh wow I feel stupid. I just messaged CheapyD about it proclaiming innocence. lol xD Nice[/QUOTE]

Mee too! What's funnier is that just 30 minutes before, i thought I got perma banned from gamestop.com. Turns out servers can't process gift/edge card credit. phew! what a night lol

Cheapy's gonna have like 10,000 emails! Serves him right. hahaha GOOD ONE MAN!

bread's done
Back