CAGcast #194: Shipwreck's Burden

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
408 replies to this topic

#271 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:01 AM

I have a suggestion for the show- I know none of you are PC gamers but could you maybe at least go over some of the PC deals in the weekly deals section of the show? You don't need to include a whole segment for PC gaming like you do for MS or Sony, but to at least point out some of the bigger deals would be great as then the PC gamers would also be able to listen in and learn about deals they may have missed on the forums?

Otherwise great show- actually I've been pretty impressed with the consistency of the shows now, I remember in the past there would be times where almost every other time the show was cancelled/delayed but now it's a lot more regular and that's great!

Ruahrc

#272 Virgil_Leone

Virgil_Leone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

what a stupid lawsuit

#273 hibachiZX

hibachiZX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

good show, but more vivid genitalia images in my brain now...
Posted Image

#274 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

I'd like to start a fund to hire a guy to go to Wombat's house and smack him in the back of the head next time he starts making annoying noises over the Godaddy ad.

I actually believe that Wombat doing that makes the GoDaddy ad even better. I actually believe he continued doing it this week because people had given it a positive response last week.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#275 Swarly91

Swarly91

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Good show as always:)

#276 Hard Charger

Hard Charger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

Cheapy's been sounding more upbeat these past few shows, like he did when I first started listening.

Great show, little heavy on the wang talk though. Didn't hear if Wombat got sick at PAX, seems to be a common concern at that convention.

#277 brak7

brak7

Oh god, there's poop everywhere.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Oh Wombat, I love how you sing Herb Alpert over the ads. Please to keep singing such classics.

#278 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

They used to have "extended demos" back in the day.... it was called Shareware... and it sucked. Great show guys. Keep up the good work. I wish you guys could have a new show every day.

#279 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

I'm with Cheapy on getting sick of seeing those PAX East hoodie codes on my Twitter stream. Who would want that anyway? It's like wearing a souvenir T-shirt for a concert you didn't go to.

#280 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Big fan of the shows lately. Great job everyone.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#281 PoorRichard

PoorRichard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

A CAG panel would be awesome.

#282 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

I wanted to hear about all the shit talk about Crecente, he always seems to be very snobby. I don't see what was stopping Wombat, it didn't stop him from talking shit about ifanboy when the guy didn't give him the attention he wanted.

#283 supermidget

supermidget

Agent Short

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

I liked the money opening btw have you guys checked out star trek online yet?
For the latest in video game rumors check out: http://www.vgrumorhq.com

#284 coalman987

coalman987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Gotta <3 the CAGcast

#285 Sigma

Sigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

The commercial at the end tickled me. I have a Neo Geo Pocket and never knew you could link the dreamcast to it.

I had one as well and actually linked it to the Dreamcast once. The only game I can remember using this feature was King of the Fighters R2 on the NGPC and the KoF game on the Dreamcast (can't remember which one it was), but the feature was pretty neat for the time.

Another CAGcast down though and it was of course a great one, I don't think I have ever listened to the show and not enjoyed it, I've been listening for years too! I can't believe there are only a handful of shows left until the big #200!
Posted Image Posted Image

#286 DownrangeGnu

DownrangeGnu

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

great show as always makes the drive to work not so bad

#287 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Your show was so awesome. I love Wombat Shipwreck and CheapD! I'm waiting for Just Cause 2 in the mail. CAGcast ROCKS! I downloaded that whole NES DarkSide of the Moon remix. It's great.

#288 StereoDeliParts

StereoDeliParts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hey guys great show, have listened to every show produced, hope you guys do a live show for number 200. I think that would be cool.:)

#289 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Phenomenal podcast as always.

#290 Ultramantaro

Ultramantaro

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Wombat, why tease about the Crecente shit talk? Now I really want to know what people said. And what's the plan for episode 200?

#291 stephengotlost

stephengotlost

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Great show as always.

Also, it's interesting how Wombat repeats jokes from the Giant Bombcast.
ie. The Big Ass Ramp™ reference

#292 SideburnMan

SideburnMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

I really enjoyed listening to the silly conversation about Penis' in the begging. I just heard the Go Daddy advertisement with Wombat's tune. That was hilarious, keep up the great works guys.

Edited by SideburnMan, 05 April 2010 - 02:15 AM.
spelling

I should go.

#293 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Liked the PAX East discussion and the Just Cause 2 discussion.

#294 rvanzandt

rvanzandt

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

Great Show, More boat crash penis talk.

#295 stos289

stos289

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

I look forward to the CAGcast every week!

Thanks for the laughs guys.

#296 PlumeNoir

PlumeNoir

Ch'p is still a badass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

I really hope you guys read some of the messages you received for the April Fool's joke. It was pretty clever. (I don't always sign in when I'm on CAG, and it took me a while before I "found" it (read as: got off my lazy butt and logged in)).

I love how far Wombat has come, too; it seems like just yesterday he was practically begging for games/ industry attention. Now he's hobknobbing with the gaming press at PAX East(well, when he isn't heading to Canada for demos). You know...I think the whole "Xbox Pure" stunt really helped in an odd way...

Plume, your solution to everything is sex. [-(

#297 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:54 AM

hey first post and listened to the podcast for the first time! Interesting podcast I'll be sure to listen in the weeks to come.

#298 archaic frost

archaic frost

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:55 AM

Hey guys, on the Gamestop lawsuit.

The lawsuit is a mess. It feels like it was written by a lawyer who was having a tough time figuring out how to explain it. It's a class action lawsuit which makes it less heinous and I think they do a reasonable job of making their point, though the "Nature of the Action" is a wreck.

The suit itself really boils down to four things: the box itself, the price and customer trust.
1. The box says something is included, it's not included.
2. The customer trusts GameStop. Trusts that the used game experience is the same as the new, trusts that the clerk would tell them if there was something different.
3. The total price of the game is more than a new game, to get the new game experience.

I'm not sure how on the second point alone they couldn't win, but there's something really powerful in the third point if they realize it. What do GameStop employees say when you bring a new game to the counter? Some variation of "You could get that used for $5 less." You could get THAT [same thing] used for $5 less. That is outright false. I think no matter what GameStop is going to change store policies from here forward, but I think that one sentence would win the class action.

Here's a pdf of the claim from IGN:
http://ps3movies.ign...52/Gamestop.pdf
I'd read it all, or just skip to the "Factual Background" it spells it out pretty clearly.

I wonder how it went down with this guy, to get so ticked off you're gonna sue.

#299 Jared_fromjersey

Jared_fromjersey

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:14 AM

When is Wombat going to drop Boatcrash & the bald guy to give us the WOMBAT SHOW!

#300 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:37 AM

good show....we need impressions of Ship's new Donkey Kong machine on the next show....