Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Exclusive Affiliate Offers for April, 2010 (25% off $100/ 15% off New games)

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#631 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

So, this is the first time ordering from Gamestop online and I have a question regarding the 25OFF coupon (I guess it's more like Gamestop coupons in general).

When I checked my order status on GS's website the price of each game reflects the 25% off plus free shipping. But, when I check the order confirmation email the 25% off is not reflected. Free shipping shows, but at the end it shows the shipping price, but it's not added to the total.

Is that normal?

Yeah, that's normal. It looks weird, but it's the way it has been for all of my orders as well. As long as your order status on the site reflects the right amounts, you should be fine.

#632 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

For anyone that wants to take advantage of this before the month is over, Gamestop has posted pre-order pages for Marvel vs Capcom 3 :360: / :ps3: @ 59.99 that work with the wonderful % off April codes for those that just gotta have it day 1. Use 25OFF with some "filler" to get it for a little under $50 after tax (although I sure do hope the price drops before release).

MildObstruction.png

#633 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

For anyone that wants to take advantage of this before the month is over, Gamestop has posted pre-order pages for Marvel vs Capcom 3 :360: / :ps3: @ 59.99 that work with the wonderful % off April codes for those that just gotta have it day 1. Use 25OFF with some "filler" to get it for a little under $50 after tax (although I sure do hope the price drops before release).

I was just about to post this. :P GOD, I can't wait for MvC3. :3

EDIT: Wait, no wonder I couldn't find this. Why is this in the Deals Graveyard? Since the 39.25%/32.5% off deal is expired, this is the best deal Gamestop has to offer right now, and it's still going on for another ten days. Why not move it back to the front page?

#634 goldengrad

goldengrad

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

I was just about to post this. :P GOD, I can't wait for MvC3. :3

EDIT: Wait, no wonder I couldn't find this. Why is this in the Deals Graveyard? Since the 39.25%/32.5% off deal is expired, this is the best deal Gamestop has to offer right now, and it's still going on for another ten days. Why not move it back to the front page?

Ya, I knew this was still going on and had to search the pages a few days ago to find the thread. This should be frontpage until it ends because it seems like the best deal, hands down.

I ordered $400+ worth of preorders and such. Some used games. Might drop another $100 here on used stuff. The preorders is the shiznit though. I mean $45 for Red Dead, Halo..etc...don't think I've ever been able to get a NEW game this cheap on the day of release...

#635 botticus

botticus

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Also note that Legend of Zelda Wii (whatever that ends up being) is available for order. Locked in for $37.49.

#636 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

I ordered three pre orders with this coupon like 4 or 5 days ago. They all still say verifying. It normally would switch to "pre order ships xx/xx/xxxx." I had an order that i ordered a few days after this one and it has shipped. Is there a reason why these are still verifying? Is it going to get canceled? I would like to know this goes through before the coupon expires.

CBrownsT10.png

#637 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

Thought about using it to preorder Death Smiles. Ugh!! Have stuff like Bourne, HotD Overkill, HotD 2&3, BlazBlue, Popcap 1, Popcap 2, and more in my cart but can't pull the trigger. It is cheap, but I don't feel like spending $100 in credit on games I can probably find individually for close to the same price in the future.

#638 J7.

J7.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

I ordered three pre orders with this coupon like 4 or 5 days ago. They all still say verifying. It normally would switch to "pre order ships xx/xx/xxxx." I had an order that i ordered a few days after this one and it has shipped. Is there a reason why these are still verifying? Is it going to get canceled? I would like to know this goes through before the coupon expires.

They told me today 25off was never supposed to work on preorders and no longer will, but old orders already done will be honored. So yours might go through if they are not also watching current orders. Let us know what happens.

#639 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Get Reach now!

nihilence.png

#640 botticus

botticus

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

They told me today 25off was never supposed to work on preorders and no longer will, but old orders already done will be honored. So yours might go through if they are not also watching current orders. Let us know what happens.

I just put in a bunch of preorders yesterday without issue, all past the verifying stage.

#641 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

I have little hope it will go through. It is still verifying from the 17th... Now the question is should I cancel it and try again? Maybe this time just have maybe one or two pre orders and a physical item as well. This way once the item is shipped the pre orders might switch from verifying. What do you guys think?

CBrownsT10.png

#642 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Every order I've done for pre-orders has always had at least one game with it, and mine are all at the "Pre-order ships xxxxxx" status. If worst comes to worst, just pick up an ESPN 2K5. After 25OFF+Edge it will be incredibly cheap, and you can always trade it into Gazelle for a dollar (for now, at least).

#643 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

I placed an order yesterday with the 25OFF and everything went through fine. I even had to call and have the order changed slightly. Over the last few weeks I have ordered 4 games with the 25OFF (All preoders). I applied gift cards to both orders as well and so far so good.

I think I'm going to make one more order tonight as well. The code still works as of 5:27pm eastern time.

Kevin

#644 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

I got the first of my pre-orders made with the 25OFF coupon (Monster Hunter Tri) today. At this point, I'm assuming that all of my orders have gone through without any problem.

#645 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

All right, I made what should really be my last purchase with this. My Japanese Coach finally came back in stock for DS, so I picked that up, and I heard good things about Half Minute Hero, so I picked it up, too. When I canceled/re-added Record of Agarest War to the cart it pushed me just over the $100 mark, so I'm happy. :D

#646 J7.

J7.

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

If I make a preorder and it says I don't have enough Edge credit because my other unshipped preorder has taken it up will it cancel my order automatically even if the preorder normally is not allowed to be canceled?

#647 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

Preordered Red Dead and Alpha Protocol yesterday morning, just received an email to contact them.

Hopefully they honor it, if not, I have a few credits to use at GameCrazy.

#648 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:51 AM

If I make a preorder and it says I don't have enough Edge credit because my other unshipped preorder has taken it up will it cancel my order automatically even if the preorder normally is not allowed to be canceled?

Yeah, it will. That actually assisted me in getting a bunch of $10 coupon codes for free when it was the daily deal a while back. :P I'm not sure what exactly you mean when you say it "isn't allowed to be canceled" though.

#649 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Called in, they accepted my order.
:D

The problem was that I used their recommendations for my shipping and billing addresses (added extensions like UPS/FedEx would). Took less then a minute to fix.

Gotta order some more stuff before the code expires.

#650 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Anyone know when credit gets used? I've placed an order for 2 pre-orders, one for Red Dead Redemption, and one for Crackdown 2. I have some remaining credit that I applied towards this order. Will it be used towards the first game that ships to me?

Thanks!

#651 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by J7.

I hope they do honor them

I got a Dragon quest 9 for 26.25 + shipping and will never be able to find the game that cheap day 1
WOOOO I STINK

#652 J7.

J7.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:00 AM

Anyone know when credit gets used? I've placed an order for 2 pre-orders, one for Red Dead Redemption, and one for Crackdown 2. I have some remaining credit that I applied towards this order. Will it be used towards the first game that ships to me?

Thanks!

Credit gets used when the item ships no matter if it is in stock or preorder. I thought someone said something about needing to have enough credit to cover the entire order or it's canceled. Not sure on that.

Originally Posted by J7.

I hope they do honor them

I got a Dragon quest 9 for 26.25 + shipping and will never be able to find the game that cheap day 1

If it says it will be shipped on X/XX/XX then you're cleared.

#653 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Credit gets used when the item ships no matter if it is in stock or preorder. I thought someone said something about needing to have enough credit to cover the entire order or it's canceled. Not sure on that.

That's right. What Gamestop's website seems to do is "put aside" the money on your Edge card whenever you make a pre-order. It doesn't get used, but if you breach that limit (at least when you're trying to make other pre-orders, from my experiences) it cancels the most recent order.

For example, let's say I have $60 on my Edge card, and pre-order Blazblue: Continuum Shift. That's $40 set aside, so I still have "$20" to use on Gamestop's website. If I tried to pre-order, say, Super Street Fighter IV (even though it comes out first) that order would be canceled, since I pre-ordered Blazblue first. I don't think it cuts you off from using that credit in-store, though, so keep an eye on it if you buy things in store. I doubt they're instantly canceled if you do spend the credit in store- just make sure you get enough back on there to afford the pre-orders before they come out. :P

#654 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Gah.

I'm trying to order the 250 GB hard drive, but the cart is automatically applying a 10% off coupon that reads:

Your order qualifies for 10% off. Purchases over $65 receive FREE 3-Day shipping. In-stock items only and not valid on consoles. - XB360 Hard Drive 250GB (Microsoft)

I can't remove the coupon manually and I can't use the 25OFF or SAVER coupons as a result. Halp.

GAH. The note for the 25OFF coupon now reads:

Coupon 25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.

Can't use on hard drives anymore? :(

#655 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

Can't use on hard drives anymore? :(

It hasn't been valid on hard drives for a long time. The terms have always been that it wasn't good for hardware, but some people were able to slip hard drives through with it early on. GameStop caught on to that pretty quickly, though, and put a stop to it.

On the plus side, the fact that they did that leads me to believe that all other uses of the coupon (including pre-orders) are perfectly valid, since obviously they were paying enough attention to crack down on that but have still let everything else go.

#656 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

It hasn't been valid on hard drives for a long time. The terms have always been that it wasn't good for hardware, but some people were able to slip hard drives through with it early on. GameStop caught on to that pretty quickly, though, and put a stop to it.

On the plus side, the fact that they did that leads me to believe that all other uses of the coupon (including pre-orders) are perfectly valid, since obviously they were paying enough attention to crack down on that but have still let everything else go.

Thanks. I didn't read through the thread completely.

Damn. That sucks. I totally had it in my cart and ready to go when this promo first started, but opted out and told myself "Eh, you don't need it now, get it later." But with the Reach Beta, and my remaining 5 Gigs, I'm beginning to realize I need the space sooner rather than later.

I may just take the 10% off and free 3 day shipping and call it good.

#657 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

For what it's worth, I placed a new order with 25OFF on Saturday evening (4/24) that had three pre-orders in it (Super Mario Galaxy 2, Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, and Trinity Universe), as well as one in-stock used game (which I had originally added as filler to get over $100 before I decided to add Majin as well, and then decided to keep on after adding it, both because I wanted it and in case having an in-stock item on the order matters). The status has changed as of this evening to "pre-order ships xx/xx/xxxx" on the pre-orders, and the used item has shipped. So it seems like it does still work for pre-orders, at least for me.

I often get the sense that when GameStop customer service reps have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, they just make shit up -- and when they do, they usually go conservative on their answers to avoid getting in trouble. It's really better to just try it than to ask.

This deal has been extremely good to me. Other than things that haven't even been announced yet, I'm pretty much good for release-date purchases for the rest of the year now (and possibly into next year, since I'm going to be surprised if a few of these don't get delayed -- I'm looking at you, Fable III). I'm going to be sad to see it end, but on the other hand, my wallet will probably be happier when it's gone.

Edited by arcane93, 27 April 2010 - 03:47 AM.

#658 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Just ordered/pre-ordered:

-Pokemon SoulSilver
-Mario Galaxy 2
-Picross 3D
-Metroid: Other M
-Sin & Punishment 2

I REALLY hope my order doesn't get cancelled!
Posted Image

#659 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Made a second order! Picked up:

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) + $10 coupon
Super Mario Bros. Wii + $10 coupon
Super Mario Galaxy 2 + $20 coupon

For $126.56! Crossing my fingers that the order will go through.

EDIT: I'm basically getting SMG2 for a net total of $18.25 + tax. At first wasn't sure whether I would be getting this game but... that is a ridiculous price for a preorder. And the first one was fun, so might as well bite.

Edited by InFlames215, 27 April 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#660 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

EDIT: I'm basically getting SMG2 for a net total of $18.25 + tax. At first wasn't sure whether I would be getting this game but... that is a ridiculous price for a preorder. And the first one was fun, so might as well bite.

If you're going to do your math like that, don't make the mistake of also mentally taking the $20 off the order that you use the coupon on later. That's the biggest problem with these "coupon toward a future order" offers (and one that I've seen GameStop directly prey on with some of their past offer text, very shady) -- people treat them like they're getting $20 off on the game they're ordering and $20 off on a future order (i.e., in the end, like they're getting $40 total off). But they're not, really -- wherever they actually want to consider the discount to be happening, they're only getting $20 off one way or the other in the long run.