Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Exclusive Affiliate Offers for April, 2010 (25% off $100/ 15% off New games)

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#661 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

If you're going to do your math like that, don't make the mistake of also mentally taking the $20 off the order that you use the coupon on later. That's the biggest problem with these "coupon toward a future order" offers (and one that I've seen GameStop directly prey on with some of their past offer text, very shady) -- people treat them like they're getting $20 off on the game they're ordering and $20 off on a future order (i.e., in the end, like they're getting $40 total off). But they're not, really -- wherever they actually want to consider the discount to be happening, they're only getting $20 off one way or the other in the long run.

Lol I know exactly what you mean. I personally think of it as credit back on the initial purchase rather than a coupon. For instance, if I see a game for $50 on amazon and $55 on gamestop but I have $10 in credit for gamestop, I would still consider Amazon the better deal and get it from there.

#662 walterj13

walterj13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

i got a quick ? i did that 25% off deal like 2 weeks ago and i got the
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) on preorder but at the time there was no SE or the $10 coupon so i was wondering do they give me the $10 coupon and the SE when they ship it cuz i preorder it or not really hate having to cancel it and look for more games to make the $100 for the 25% off coupon again lol thxs all

#663 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

i got a quick ? i did that 25% off deal like 2 weeks ago and i got the
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) on preorder but at the time there was no SE or the $10 coupon so i was wondering do they give me the $10 coupon and the SE when they ship it cuz i preorder it or not really hate having to cancel it and look for more games to make the $100 for the 25% off coupon again lol thxs all

They've been listing the SE for a lot longer than two weeks (they had a whole voting thing for what the extra outfit would be for a while), so you probably just didn't notice it. As far as the coupon goes, yeah, they should give it to you. If you really want to be certain, though, you could always call customer service and ask.

#664 walterj13

walterj13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

ok thxs arcane93

#665 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Man, I guess I should have known better than to even try ordering a used game from the GameStop website sight unseen. This is definitely the last time I'm doing that! The disc is covered in light scratches, and though it did indeed include a cover and a booklet as the site stated it would, the manual is bent and torn on one corner, and the cover looks like someone was chewing on it. And the whole thing is filthy (I mean, geez, couldn't they even wipe it down a little before sending it out?). Guess I'll be making a trip to a GameStop store to return it tonight. At least my pre-orders are still over $100 without it, so hopefully returning it won't affect them.

Edited by arcane93, 28 April 2010 - 07:45 PM.

#666 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Don't forget, guys, the expiration date for this is tomorrow. Make sure to get in all your pre-orders, etc. before then.

#667 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

I have these titles on pre order. I paid $250.81 after code and credit. Average price of $35.83 per game.. I would have never thought that gamestop would be better than amazon...

Red Dead Revolver
Alan Wake (Limited Edition)
Prince of Persia
Backbreaker
Transformers
Singularity
Crackdown 2

#668 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

They've been listing the SE for a lot longer than two weeks (they had a whole voting thing for what the extra outfit would be for a while), so you probably just didn't notice it. As far as the coupon goes, yeah, they should give it to you. If you really want to be certain, though, you could always call customer service and ask.

I called GS CS because I had the same question. I was told that I would not be getting the $10 promo. Ordered on 4/2. Whether that's true or not, I guess we'll find out after the 18th.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#669 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

I called GS CS because I had the same question. I was told that I would not be getting the $10 promo. Ordered on 4/2. Whether that's true or not, I guess we'll find out after the 18th.

Haha . . . Only furthering my theory that when GameStop CS reps don't know what they're talking about, they just make shit up, because one will tell you one thing and another will tell you something entirely different (I had one tell me that I would be getting it). So I guess the actual answer to the question is "Who knows? GameStop customer service sure as hell doesn't!" :lol:

Honestly, I think that if you don't get it, you could probably call them up and complain and they'd give it to you right away. The last time I got a $10 off code, the code that they sent me didn't work, so I called and complained, and the CS rep was able to give me another without even the least bit of hassle.

#670 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

Can anyone confirm that ordering just pre-orders can make the order go through with 25OFF? I just want to make sure since it's the last day to use this and all. :P

#671 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

Can anyone confirm that ordering just pre-orders can make the order go through with 25OFF? I just want to make sure since it's the last day to use this and all. :P

I have put through 3 separate orders of just preorders.

All orders are still active...

I think I'm going for one more set of preorders since it's the last day and I have some credit to burn..

Kevin

Edited by kevgret, 30 April 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#672 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

Deal is dead, mods. You can move this to the Deal Graveyard.

... Oh, wait. :P

#673 DemonGamer24

DemonGamer24

Sniper, no sniping!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

My Super Mario Galaxy 2 preorder from 6 or 7 days ago still says verifying. Sucks because I cancelled the other preorder (that put the total over $100), but I used my $60.XX credit I had left to make the order, and it's showing that the total gift card charge is going to be $60 (since it hasn't updated from verifying yet), and I can't spend any of that extra that I would have left over (about $22 since SMG2 was $38) because I don't want the order to get cancelled because they tried to take $60 but $60 wasn't available.

Reading that back to myself, I don't expect anyone to understand what I just said. Don't mind me...

#674 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:50 PM

So . . . are there any new "affiliate" offers for May? :)

#675 CDiablo

CDiablo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:24 AM

Just checked my order with about 10 preorders and they were all cancelled.

#676 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:28 AM

my dragon quest 9 is still open
WOOOO I STINK

#677 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:05 AM

I've got seven orders with sixteen items pre-ordered total, and all of mine are still open.

#678 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

My orders are still open, had to call though or else they would have been canceled.

#679 botticus

botticus

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Just wanted to note that a 25% off order I placed with 3 preorders is finally no longer "verifying" after a month.