Borderlands Game of the Year edition?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:05 AM

Is it just me or are more people a little pissed that so many games are getting GOTY re-launches with added content within 6 months to a year of release and thus fuckin' over those of us who bought early?

It's just you. Nobody is getting "f'ed over", the early adopters purchased at a higher price for the chance to play the game sooner. Purchase games at the price you feel is fair for the content available at the time of purchase. Games will always drop in price or release with more content included later. Most games are front loaded in sales, and once a game has been out for six months or a year, the publisher has to do something to get back into the minds of gamers. Companies are forced to drop the price or realease with more content if they still want to sell any copies.

#32 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:50 AM

Posted Image

LBP is ridiculously awesome.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#33 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

LBP is ridiculously awesome.

YES !! totally agreed I put in 200 plus hours on that game lol

#34 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

Geez, I certainly hope there is one. I already 1000'ed the main game when it came out (rented it from GF). Would love to pick up the complete package at a good price.

It's just you. Nobody is getting "f'ed over", the early adopters purchased at a higher price for the chance to play the game sooner. Purchase games at the price you feel is fair for the content available at the time of purchase. Games will always drop in price or release with more content included later. Most games are front loaded in sales, and once a game has been out for six months or a year, the publisher has to do something to get back into the minds of gamers. Companies are forced to drop the price or realease with more content if they still want to sell any copies.

Agreed.

#35 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

Batman: AA was a good game, but truly overhyped. The amount of backtracking you had to do if you wanted to 100% everything(find all the hidden crap)was ridiculous, since you didn't get the tools to get into some of the areas those items were hidden in until VERY late in the game.

I hate backtracking in games, unless it serves a real purpose, like some sort of waypoint for a mission.

Disagreeing with this post x10. AA was fun to backtrack through and find all those riddles. My only complaint is how dead the place seems at the end of the game. I didn't really want to find anyone else, but it'd be nice to have staff in there cleaning up.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#36 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

I hate backtracking in games, unless it serves a real purpose, like some sort of waypoint for a mission.

Is it just me or are more people a little pissed that so many games are getting GOTY re-launches with added content within 6 months to a year of release and thus fuckin' over those of us who bought early?

Maybe you should stay 1 gen behind or at the very least 3 years behind. That way you can always get games with a ton of content for 5-10 bucks.

#37 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Disagreeing with this post x10. AA was fun to backtrack through and find all those riddles. My only complaint is how dead the place seems at the end of the game. I didn't really want to find anyone else, but it'd be nice to have staff in there cleaning up.

Definitely. Maybe you have to be a fan of Batman, but I certainly enjoyed finding everything. I also agree that they should have done something to add a little life to the place at the end of the game.

#38 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

That was an issue for me too, in that maybe you might find an occasional goon or two that you didn't fight in the initial runthrough, but those fights were few and far between after the end of the game.

Then again, if I didn't find the riddles/trophies/etc on the first run through I didn't feel compelled to go back through and find them after the game was done due to how dead the game world was. I'm not really someone who HAS to 100% a title. As long as I finish the game, it was fun and not glitchy, then I got my money's worth.

Maybe you should stay 1 gen behind or at the very least 3 years behind. That way you can always get games with a ton of content for 5-10 bucks.

Actually I still find a ton of games for $5-10 that I've wanted to play, especially with the prices of games going down so fast nowadays, but it seems every damn game is getting a "GOTY" edition now which jacks the price back up there to MSRP or close.

At least when Sony dropped Little Big Planet to Greatest Hits, they dropped the GOTY to $30 too.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#39 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

they usually make a goty edition during the holiday season so let hope some news come out in the summer time then we will know for sure if there is going to be a goty edition for borderland.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#40 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...gy-guide-listi/

Possibly coming out in the near future?
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#41 MightierToaster

MightierToaster

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

There is suppose to be a final dlc, I'd believe when that hits, so will a GOTY.

#42 hotelblvd

hotelblvd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

Very cool indeed! Thanks for that piece of information. I am very excited about it!

#43 Kingster27

Kingster27

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Another GOTY article from IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1104932p1.html

#44 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Guess I'll be waiting for this before I pick up Borderlands. My hard drive can't fit much more DLC.
Posted Image

#45 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

I already have 2 of the DLCs. Still considering trading now to pick up GOTY edition...