Fable II PH Version $19.99 on Amazon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Is the DLC on the disc or is it a separate installable disc?

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#32 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

So, it comes in a gray box? It looks green to me

Ah, you mean the box itself. I thought you meant the cover/spine art. Yeah, the box looks green in that picture.

#33 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

I just grabbed a copy during lunch from Target for $13.98.
It comes in a gray box.

#34 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I JUST got around to playing this and had a lot of fun. I borrowed it from my roommate so I have no need for it anymore, but if I have bought it for this price, I definitely would have gotten my money's worth with the amount of time I put into it. Even better, it comes with the 2 pieces of DLC, which I didn't have.

Last I saw it was 20.98 at my local Target. But that was over a week ago, perhaps I should take a trip back.

#35 EarthKing

EarthKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Interesting...I guess I could buy a green xbox 360 box somewhere.
Posted Image

#36 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

I know this is a hard question to answer (knowing the nature of the game) but how much do the DLCs that come with this really add to the game playtime wise and whatnot?

To answer your question, you can get 4-8 hours out of those DLC inclusive. They are fun, but not as fun as the original story. Typical tack on stuff. If you take the time to go for achievements, you can get more time out of them. They have some neat but forgettable new items, like weight potions, new dog skins, changeable item upgrade paths, and a few others.

I love Fable ][ so the DLC was a no brainer for me. If you got sick of main storyline F2 towards the end, then don't bother.

Is this game selling significant quantities in the PH afterlife? Are there NPD numbers that go that low on the charts?

Sadly I did the B2G1 Platinum on Fable ][ when it was $29, which is equivalent in price to this deal. Kinda wish I'd waited since I just want to keep a sealed copy of the PH anyway. $20 is an absurd deal if you've never played Fable and anticipate liking it's watered down action and solid RPG elements.
Posted Image

#37 vikingvessel

vikingvessel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

I used to think the same way about the old PH
and understand exactly where you are coming from,
though they have won me over with the way
the more recent titles have been designed.
Much more stylish and do not stick out as much
once you have a few on the shelf.
For the double-dips, it provides a nice variation
along side the original.

Always nicer when that backlog that will
never be overcome is at least somewhat uniform.

#38 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I'm anti platinum/greatest hits boxes/packaging myself. The one loophole I *do* make is for games that are only released in that packaging.

"Fable: Lost Chapters" for XBox1 is just like this; it's the original game plus (the PC's) DLC, and released immediately as platinum hits. The other loophole was "Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution" for the PS2, which was released "originally" as a greatest hits.

Long story short, this is an "allowed platinum hits" for me, since it's originally released as such.

The other option is to get a replacement box and grab a custom coverart that duplicates the original coverart, but adds the DLC notes.

cagSig.png515886.png

#39 Skoad

Skoad

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

... until Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Episode 1. :cry:

I mean, I hope to never see a retail version get a re-release in an episodic format where it's more expensive than the retail's current MSRP. Fable II was backwards, Sonic 4 (even though it is lame that it's episodic) is doing it the "right" way. I'll probably grab Sonic 4 when it's retail version hits $20ish (pending there's only one of those mine cart levels).

#40 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

To answer your question, you can get 4-8 hours out of those DLC inclusive. They are fun, but not as fun as the original story. Typical tack on stuff. If you take the time to go for achievements, you can get more time out of them. They have some neat but forgettable new items, like weight potions, new dog skins, changeable item upgrade paths, and a few others.

I love Fable ][ so the DLC was a no brainer for me. If you got sick of main storyline F2 towards the end, then don't bother.

Is this game selling significant quantities in the PH afterlife? Are there NPD numbers that go that low on the charts?

Sadly I did the B2G1 Platinum on Fable ][ when it was $29, which is equivalent in price to this deal. Kinda wish I'd waited since I just want to keep a sealed copy of the PH anyway. $20 is an absurd deal if you've never played Fable and anticipate liking it's watered down action and solid RPG elements.

Thanks so much, more detailed than I was expecting. :D