Photo
- - - - -

Bring Back Foreplay

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

It was good. I like shipwreck talking about obscure releases. I find out about games that i never would hear about. I know shipwreck has moved up to the big leagues now, but i'd love it if they brought back Cag Foreplay.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#2 Jest

Jest

Take this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

The new releases segment in the CAGCast is enough. Less women talking about games is better too. Bloody strumpets need to stick with cookin and sewin and raising the chillins.

#3 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Let's face it: now that Shipwreck is a regular in the CAGcast, all we really miss is the voice of Mrs. Shipwreck. That said, a new episode with the wives of the main cast would be really really fun to listen to. Maybe for episode 200, 201 :P ?
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#4 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

I think she should come on for a bit in show #200.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#5 RchrdJ

RchrdJ

Gamingsurvival.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

We were promised a new CAGForeplay. I can't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure it's because of money raised for Child's Play.

A podcast featuring the wives of Shipwreck, Wombat, and Cheapy would be really cool. Can't be episode #200 though, because that's a 'clip-show'. Very similar to Joystiq Episode Zero.

#6 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Oh yeah of course.. hmm maybe episode 199 or 201 then?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#7 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

Well, w/o Foreplay, I'd like to see a new second CAG podcast. I know there's a few CAGs who do their own podcasts, myself included. Maybe a contest?
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#8 kryptonic

kryptonic

Man, Myth and Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Well, w/o Foreplay, I'd like to see a new second CAG podcast. I know there's a few CAGs who do their own podcasts, myself included. Maybe a contest?

Hey if you can be as good as the CAGcast, Giantbomb or RebelFM i'd listen ;)

I personally wasn't a fan of the shipwrecks... just wasn't that interesting to me.

#9 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

I also wish Foreplay was still going, really though, I don't think we need a podcast with all the CAGcast wives, just Mrs. Ship. She should make appearances from time to time on the CAGcast.

#10 RchrdJ

RchrdJ

Gamingsurvival.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

I also like the idea of having a second CAG podcast. It should either be a UK podcast from Super Programmer John (like talked about in previous CAGcast's)

or Hbomb5's idea of CAG user podcast. I co-host a podcast and I would be willing to join a CAG user podcast.

#11 Morlac

Morlac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

Actually I really miss Foreplay itself - I loved the interaction of Mr. and Mrs. Ship. It was very different from the chemistry between Wombat and Cheapy, which made it a welcome complement. Having Ship on the Cagcast is far better than not having him at all, but it's not nearly half as good as having him on Foreplay.

#12 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

There was an episode with Mrs. Cheapy/Wombat, it was fun so I wouldn't mind having another one with Mrs. Shipwreck as well.

Foreplay was really hit or miss, sometimes it was hard making it through an episode and not necessarily because it was a slow release week. But I did enjoy it the podcast even if not all the episodes were great and we were indeed promised a "final" episode if we reached the Child's Play amount which we even surpassed.

I don't think the show will ever come back fully though, I don't think Mrs. Shipwreck would do it since it was a lot of work even if she enjoyed it which she mentioned during the Child's Play stream. But I wouldn't mind having her as a guest in the podcast every once in while in the CAGcast.

CAG doesn't need a second podcast to replace forecast though, its not a podcast network to have a ton of podcasts.