Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition $99.99

Darknuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
"Make some room in your collection, as Blizzard Entertainment has revealed StarCraft II Collector's Edition, and you're going to want it.

Retailing for $99.99, the collector's edition comes packed with goodies, including:

The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
If you're not one for all the extras, you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99. Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks.""

http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-announces-starcraft-ii-collector-s-edition-170358.phtml

Not really a deal per say... But considering blizzard collectors editions have almost ALWAYS sold for over retail after selling out (except WotLK), this might be a good investment. I know I'm getting it purely because I'm a diehard Starcraft fan, but just throwing it out there.

Get it here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA0J6/ref=pd_1ctyhuc__sbs_01_01

http://news.bigdownload.com/photos/s...77525/#2877527

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in the closed beta since it started and went to previous Blizzcon's just to play it. It's an amazing game. I'm a bit of a fanboy I'll admit, but I do love this game. Best RTS EVER

I might buy it and ...

A) Resell it higher than $100

B) Part out the "junk" and keep the game, Art, & music.

Friggin WoW junk.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']how are you in for one , $100 dollars ?? Is this game any good ??[/QUOTE]

umm its starcraft dude.

[quote name='Darknuke']you can pick up the standard edition, which Blizzard has confirmed will retail for $59.99[/QUOTE]
lolactivision

[quote name='Darknuke']Still no release date, but Blizzard says we can expect that information "in the coming weeks.""[/QUOTE]
lolblizzard

you know...
back when i was in high school, i LOVED Blizzard and Valve.
Best Dev Team that was around the glorious years of Starcraft, Counter Strike and Warcraft and even beyond those years.

Now, Blizzard is slowly falling down my best dev team..slowly being demoted.

Well, Valve and Gabe Newell, it seems like you are are in my top 1 as of this post. Enjoy being at the bottom blizzard

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']how are you in for one , $100 dollars ?? Is this game any good ??[/QUOTE]

It's Starcraft...?

Lots of QQ on Kotaku about it coming with a WoW pet, people failing to realize they could easily make the difference between the CE and normal selling it on Ebay a few months after release.

Anyone know if this will be DRM'd with a limited number of installs? It would kind of suck buying a game only not to be able to put it on all my current and future PCs.

When you pre order the game on Amazon, do they charge you the $100 immediately?

Also, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Starcraft, but I have a feeling there will be a CE for each installment of the SC2 saga. That sort of hurts the value of this one for me.

Has Blizzard made any comment again re: cutting the single player up into chunks for each race? In other words, are we to expect three CEs for Starcraft 2, or is this the only one, or does this mean the single player is now fully included, etc?

The only thing that looks good in that CE is the USB w/ preinstalled StarCraft, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a flash drive.

I guess the pet if you play WoW, but I hate that damn game

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']When you pre order the game on Amazon, do they charge you the $100 immediately?

Also, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Starcraft, but I have a feeling there will be a CE for each installment of the SC2 saga. That sort of hurts the value of this one for me.[/QUOTE]

If you're paying with giftcards, then yes. If you have a promo code, then it will be applied when you order. If you're paying with a credit card, then your card will be charged when it ships.

I can imagine Blizzard will be making CEs of each SC game, but look at WoW... The original WoW CE is worth more than the others. I would assume this would be the same.

[quote name='Strell']Has Blizzard made any comment again re: cutting the single player up into chunks for each race? In other words, are we to expect three CEs for Starcraft 2, or is this the only one, or does this mean the single player is now fully included, etc?[/QUOTE]
No official word about individual CEs for each part of the SC2 trilogy.

[quote name='Darknuke']I can imagine Blizzard will be making CEs of each SC game, but look at WoW... The original WoW CE is worth more than the others. I would assume this would be the same.[/QUOTE]
I could see them making a CE for each SC2, and they'd still sell them.

Side note: The original WOW CE was not mass produced like TBC and WOTLK- in fact, it was under-produced as they did not anticipate the demand.

[quote name='Strell']are we to expect three CEs for Starcraft 2, or is this the only one, or does this mean the single player is now fully included, etc?[/QUOTE]

i was asking this question to myself as well.

i seriously do not know. perhaps the pc gamers are going to be shoved with three CEs for the three races.

and heavens no!
once you think about that Activision is behind Blizzard, you will never get the three single player in one CE.

[quote name='mythus']if i preordered this for 49.99 on amazon a while back. i'm sure it will be honored.[/QUOTE]

Just pre-ordered it at Gamestop (a day or two ago) because it was one of the only sites to have it priced at 49.99. Plus I had a giftcard and they had a 20% deal for any game 49.99 or higher.

Getting Starcraft 2 for $18.50 is just great.

All I can say is thankfully gamestop.com says they do the pre-order price guarantee. Now we will see if they will actually honor it or not.

I find it funny people are bitching about this game being $60. Lets think back to Blizzards last (non MMO) game release, Warcraft 3, it was $55 when it came out, I have been fully expecting SC2 to come out at $60.

It also doesn't mean all PC games are now coming out at $60. First we have MW2 and yes that is a joke of a price, then we have AC2 as well that is $60 it contains both the DLC's the cost $10 each on the console but yes I agree it blows making the standard package for the PC $60. Now we are going to have SC2 at $60, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone really. So that is 3 games, 2 of which that are out at $60.

[quote name='Kaltic']Just pre-ordered it at Gamestop (a day or two ago) because it was one of the only sites to have it priced at 49.99. Plus I had a giftcard and they had a 20% deal for any game 49.99 or higher.

Getting Starcraft 2 for $18.50 is just great.

All I can say is thankfully gamestop.com says they do the pre-order price guarantee. Now we will see if they will actually honor it or not.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop.com's "Pre-Order Low Price Guarantee" only states "if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price."

It does not mention what happens if the price increases before the release date, which is your situation. I think we all can guess, though.

That's life, publishers will try and raise prices to whatever the market can bear.

Since this is Activision, I fully expect there to be plenty of SC CE's to meet demand!

[quote name='KaOTiK']I find it funny people are bitching about this game being $60. Lets think back to Blizzards last (non MMO) game release, Warcraft 3, it was $55 when it came out, I have been fully expecting SC2 to come out at $60.

It also doesn't mean all PC games are now coming out at $60. First we have MW2 and yes that is a joke of a price, then we have AC2 as well that is $60 it contains both the DLC's the cost $10 each on the console but yes I agree it blows making the standard package for the PC $60. Now we are going to have SC2 at $60, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone really. So that is 3 games, 2 of which that are out at $60.[/QUOTE]

Well prices will always fluctuate. They may go and they may go down. It can depend on how much the games actually cost... and well, greed. If prices go up then I am expecting to see more out the games. More quality and more content. Because a big reason why games cost more now is because they have more people working on them. That in turn, to me, should mean more quality and content.

Thus far I don't think that has been the case. Thus far it has seemed a bit more like greed than anything else.

But again prices will change. And now it seems like it is time for them to go. And no matter how you vote with your wallet they will go up. Because for every person that won't pay for the higher price there will be many, many more that will.

Been a while since I bought a CE, but I'll bite on this since i've only been waiting 10+ f'ing years for the game. ;)

Now where the hell is the release date and '0 day' shipping from Amazon...

[quote name='Blackjacker']Gamestop.com's "Pre-Order Low Price Guarantee" only states "if the price drops before the release date, you will be charged the lower price."

It does not mention what happens if the price increases before the release date, which is your situation. I think we all can guess, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah guess that would have been good to read that first, but it doesn't change the fact that if they cancel my order, I will still re-order because of the gift card though.

It will be interesting to see if they do though. Because if they cancel my order after the 10th, then it will remove the coupon and the coupon will have expired so I can't use it on the new order.

Oh well, all I can do now is just wait and see. I have never had a problem with gamestop, and I guess we will see if I am about to for the first time.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Now PC games are priced at $60.
I hope that thing does not affect console game prices to $70.[/QUOTE]

At its current iteration rate of once every decade (or longer), I can live with it at $60...I'm confident that Blizzard will deliver the goods.

This will have zero impact on console games pricing, which if anything, seem to be dropping....same starting $60 list price, but far more price promotions and various deals both at launch and and almost immediately there after...such as mass effect 2 being promo-ed or on sale for $40-50 pretty much every week since mid Feburary or so....I think EA and Ubisoft have figured its better to sell a new game at $40-50 than to let Gamestop make massive margins selling used EA and Ubisoft games in the early stage of a game's retail release

Pre-oredered. I almost ragged when I saw it was amazon.com as they almost never do international shipping (HEY AMAZON, CANADA IS A-FREAKIN-TACHED TO THE USA), but thankfully they had it =)!

CE edition here I come!

I swore I wouldn't buy Starcraft 2. fuck YOU FOR POSTING THIS! Ugh, once GameStop let's me preorder I'm there for the limited... they better open at midnight or I'm smashing the window to get my copy. >_> *twitch*

[quote name='Sway42']i was asking this question to myself as well.

i seriously do not know. perhaps the pc gamers are going to be shoved with three CEs for the three races.

and heavens no!
once you think about that Activision is behind Blizzard, you will never get the three single player in one CE.

[/QUOTE]

3 CEs sounds heavenly, I hope they do it.

Damnit, they better not do this with Diablo 3 as well... I really don't want more giant boxes on my shelf... but if it is released I must have it... ARGH!

[quote name='georox']Damnit, they better not do this with Diablo 3 as well... I really don't want more giant boxes on my shelf... but if it is released I must have it... ARGH![/QUOTE]
If anything, Diablo 3 will be a bigger box. :lol:

[quote name='Guerrilla']If anything, Diablo 3 will be a bigger box. :lol:[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOOO! Must... resist...

bread's done
Back