Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition $99.99

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 Electro

Electro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:19 AM

I was going to write a big long rebuttal but its' just not fucking worth it. Here is the short version.
SC1 is balanced?!?
Have you not played a Korean? They ruined the fucking game!
They will require an internet connection to play so they can sell you DLC maps. There will not be any custom maps. Activision will not allow it. Look at MW2. That game has ruined a lot AND sucked.
Nobody really gives two shits about single player campaign. It came out 12 years ago. Most have forgotten what happened.

Koreans ruined the game.
Kotick eats babies.

Hey man did you make your own tin foil hat or did you buy it?

#152 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Pbhbhbhbt. Koreans don't play MW2. That's just a silly urban legend.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#153 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

Pretty shitty for $100, but almost all CE are. If I do buy this I'll sell off most of the crap. I think there will be so many copies of this though that it will eventually be available for a reduced price.

#154 Archfiend

Archfiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:34 AM

Glad to see the $60 PC game becoming standard. I think that will push me to buy more games..

...during Steam sales.

That's all I buy now ahahah fuckfull price.

#155 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

Ehhh as cool as that USB drive is not sure if its worth the extra $$$. I do love SC2 though.

#156 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean the game is broken.

Starcraft is recognized as the most balanced RTS out there, and for that reason it is also a huge eSport.

Well I guess have fun with the most balanced RTS out there that is also a huge eSport(In another country) while you get steamrolled by another Korean who plays the game as his day job. That's $60 well spent.

Hey man did you make your own tin foil hat or did you buy it?

I made it duh! Sure the store bought ones protect against the government satellites but they do nothing against the alien mind waves.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#157 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:40 AM

I am mighty tempted. I've always loved Blizzard's CEs. I always feel a little regret after splurging though.

#158 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Put down the money on it as soon as it was available via Amazon for the CE.

SC 2 has been rumored to be $60 for a long time now (that was the original GS listing for it, IIRC) and since Activision proved with MW 2 that price point sticks, they slapped SC 2 with that price.

It sucks, but there isn't anything we can do. I've learned that over the last few months, watching all the various boycotts on Activision and Ubisoft fail pretty badly.

#159 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Well I guess have fun with the most balanced RTS out there that is also a huge eSport(In another country) while you get steamrolled by another Korean who plays the game as his day job. That's $60 well spent.

I made it duh! Sure the store bought ones protect against the government satellites but they do nothing against the alien mind waves.

It amuses me that this guy thinks only Koreans play StarCraft. It's pretty obvious he has never played it himself.

Posted Image

#160 Frogurt.man

Frogurt.man

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

It amuses me that this guy thinks only Koreans play StarCraft. It's pretty obvious he has never played it himself.

Small minds are easily amused. Still rocking your N64 version?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#161 ekwalizer

ekwalizer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

i see you all have learned your lesson from the COD Modern warfare 2 debacle. If people don't blink at paying this much now, what is to keep publishers from continuing to gouge everybody. Granted it is a Blizzard game but is is ONE CAMPAIGN and all the extras ( with the exception of the flash drive) can be easily obtained by other means such as youtube or similar. Also, Blizzard is SO ESTABLISHED now compared to ten years ago. There will be a glut on the market and these will be marked down pretty quickly. Remember the HALO Special edition with the helmet. Everyone thought that was special too, well, you can find that for about 20 bucks if you look because the stores want to clear the retail space. You also see this with call of Duty MW 2. You can find the 360 version for under 40 bucks now.

#162 Warlock82

Warlock82

Never pet a burning dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

Small minds are easily amused. Still rocking your N64 version?

What does this even mean? Because I'm not a moron and believe every single person online is a Korean, I play the N64 version? Here's a hint - get some friends to play with/against! *gasp!* Or maybe just don't join games that have titles written in broken English and foreign characters? That helps too!

By the way, Battle.net is region locked in StarCraft 2 - no Koreans on the US servers. It also features a significant matchmaking system that pairs you with opponents of similar skill level. But way to completely make up crap and look like an ass.

Posted Image

#163 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

I don't remember anyone else posting this so forgive me if it's old:

http://news.bigdownl...877525/#2877527

Pictures for the SC2 CE
Posted Image

#164 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

I preordered this with this offer but it still comes up to 92 dollars for me, stupid 10.25% tax

#165 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

I preordered this with this offer but it still comes up to 92 dollars for me, stupid 10.25% tax

I also have 10.25% tax and got it for $82.35...
Posted Image

#166 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

I got charged 79.99 + 4.85 shipping even though I chose Super Saver then the tax = about 92 dollars. I tried using the other code for .99 cent item but it didn't work for me, said something like it wasn't available for my region or not available somehting, i forgot what it exactly said.

#167 placebo1

placebo1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

I was in for mine as soon as I saw my email alert yesterday morning. :mrgreen:

I own all the Blizzard Collector's Editions & still do.

Blizzard Games without Collector's Editions
StarCraft

Starcraft had 3 "Collectors Special Edition Box(es)". While not explicitly CEs I remember mine came with a swanky note pad with Blizzard branded pages and I think the tech tree chart was in full color. (Memory fails me and I'm at work)

Na, $60 for console games is fucked up too.

Not as bad as console prices were in the cartridge days. Most retailed for $50 but I remember paying $100 for Phantasy Star 4 when it was released.

Edited by placebo1, 10 April 2010 - 02:47 PM.