Bionic Commando (Xbox 360) $5.99 Shipped at Newegg

This is a deal so good it needs it's own thread. I got this game at $20. I beat it and thought it was worth a lot more than I paid even. Really decent game and at this price being cheaper than most arcade games it's really hard to beat if you were even remotely interested.

This has been posted every single time newegg drops it by any amount (and sometimes when they don't).

If someone would only make a thread that contains all the discussion of the newegg deals...

worst game ever... the swinging is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad I can't even explain in words. This game was worse than awful. I'd try Vampire Rain again over this...

[quote name='Darknuke']worst game ever... the swinging is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad I can't even explain in words. This game was worse than awful. I'd try Vampire Rain again over this...[/QUOTE]

From what I've played it was definitely a bit of a disappointment but it's certainly $6 worthy. The swinging could be janky but it felt great when you got into the flow of it.

I'll probably bite at this price.

I remember hearing the GRIN devs on the Giant Bombcast once.

There was something strange about these guys. I can't put my finger on it but the vibe I got from them was that they just weren't passionate about making games, or games in general. They somehow lucked into their jobs as producer/director and were just enjoying the limelight (albeit short lived).

It was like how Uwe Boll is with movies: it was just a paycheck, quality meant nothing.

[quote name='Dissolve']I remember hearing the GRIN devs on the Giant Bombcast once.

There was something strange about these guys. I can't put my finger on it but the vibe I got from them was that they just weren't passionate about making games, or games in general. They somehow lucked into their jobs as producer/director and were just enjoying the limelight (albeit short lived).

It was like how Uwe Boll is with movies: it was just a paycheck, quality meant nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well, they did make Bionic Commando Rearmed, that turned out to be fun. Maybe they just weren't cut out for any large projects.

Overall though, I thought the swinging was fun when it worked. It didn't work in tunnels (you swing over the enemy and into more enemies and then get killed in the crossfire, it didn't work with point A to point B situations, because you'd over swing into "radiation" and die before you could fall back to a non-radiation area. The arena like areas were you took on several mech-suits were much better.

But the story...oh God, the story...and those loading points...so, many, loading screens.

Tempting. I'll buy just about anything for $5 and this is pretty close.

How are the achievements? Does it take long to get a good gamerscore boost?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Tempting. I'll buy just about anything for $5 and this is pretty close.

How are the achievements? Does it take long to get a good gamerscore boost?[/QUOTE]
All the achievements are offline. It doesn't take too long to max out. It's noway near as difficult gameplay-wise and achievement-wise as its XBLA counterpart, Bionic Commando Rearmed.
Xbox360Achievements.org estimates 10-12 hours for 1000/1000 Gs, with a 6/10 for difficulty.

Check out the X360A.org guide and roadmap: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bionic-commando/guide/

I was swinging around like a pro on this game. It felt like when I finally got the hang of bionic commando rearmed. I think if you're having problems it's because you suck, because I was doing good with the swinging and thought it was fun. Best part of the game imo. Truly felt like a badass.

Sad that even at this price, I'm still not sure. See what you people have done to me? I don't even wanna know what would happen if I hung around here more.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Sold out, weak :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Where have you been for the past 3 months where this has been 8.99 or less?

I'm actually glad this is sold out, just so that we won't have yet another "Newegg has Bionic Commando for $x.xx" thread.

Despite decent reviews on game sites, and reading various CAGs opinions on several threads, I just had to buy a copy and play this myself :) After a few months it's finally sold out on Newegg and I honestly don't think they will sell at this price again. I'm glad I got in just in time :D Man, and for $6...why not? :lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I hope this a permnanet sellout cause I was gonna buy the game at $5 lol. Now for them to lower Zoids to $1.[/QUOTE]
bought zoids for 6 once i liked it just got my ass handed to me a lot which resulted in the game being shelfed.

[quote name='Izod517']Don't forget 2-3% Bing Cash Back!!! Be a true CAG. Also this is about what I'd pay for the game...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I earned cashback from Bing too; 0.18 on Bionic Commando. Turned out to be $5.81 :bouncy:

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']It's a shame people have to hate on BC for 5.99 though. Must be people who couldn't get a hang of using the arm.[/QUOTE]

I got it at 9.99, and I thought the gameplay was fine. The arm is great when you get it down, and it can be fun. It is like a cross between the force unleashed and prototype.

It's the shitty story, the linear and boring level designs, the horrible checkpoints, and other mind boggling retard design choices that bring the game down. I would have been down for an improved sequel, too bad Grin's 3 shitty games got them shutdown.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Where have you been for the past 3 months where this has been 8.99 or less?

I'm actually glad this is sold out, just so that we won't have yet another "Newegg has Bionic Commando for $x.xx" thread.[/QUOTE]

stop whining

bread's done
Back