Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3631 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

I know that they need to do something to unlock the flaming retro-lancer but It said exclusive skin that makes me think more of a skin set. and not just one gun. Plus a month to get it. got to be something better then that.

yeah just like gears of war 2 level 100s reward... right? Oh wait. Yeah its probably flaming retro.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#3632 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

I just need doorman, aficionado, and force multiplier and I'll have all the onyx medals in campaign. Then I can start working on Beast mode. Seriously 3.0 isn't going to be nearly as hard as it originally seemed especially now since there suppose to be fixing the Vengeful medal.

Anyone interested in doing beast mode for medals? I figure with a group of 3-4 dedicated guys we can get all the oynx medals in a week or 2 if we do beast mode at least 10 times per day.

524190.png

#3633 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

^
You are going to have hard time with the Onyx Allfathers Medal (3,000 matches of each gametype). I don't know how you are going to do it without going idle, since Epic may ban you for that.

#3634 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

i'd say, hire a sibling, roomie, or independent contractor to play your account while you're away dealing w/real life issues...I've come to accept somethings are either just not worth the time and effort or just impossible to achieve. i.e. all of DDR's achievements.

#3635 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Breaking news... from rods twitter...

Hardcore #Gearsweekend - Gnasher Only Playlist, Warzone/Execution get 5 rounds and original stalemates and public Horde becomes "Hardcore"

Not exactly what i wanted, but gnashers only sounds pretty cool.

#3636 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

^
You are going to have hard time with the Onyx Allfathers Medal (3,000 matches of each gametype). I don't know how you are going to do it without going idle, since Epic may ban you for that.

I'm just gonna keep idling matches. If Epic wants to ban me so be it. They can only ban me from playing online and you dont need to play online to unlock Seriously 3.0 so I don't really care. Also Im pretty sure this was said just to scare people just like when Microsoft said they would ban people who use unofficial HDDs and when Sony said they would ban people for using homebrew on their PS3s both of which never happened.

524190.png

#3637 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Yeah i tried to ask rod twice on twitter if i would be banned for idle boosting in private and he didnt answer. :(

@GearsViking Will i be banned from #Gears3 if i boost for medals in PRIVATE matches AFK? If you dont answer ill take that as a no.

:D

#3638 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Breaking news... from rods twitter...

Not exactly what i wanted, but gnashers only sounds pretty cool.

If we're doing Gnashers only for this event, I hope we eventually get an event that is rifles only, no shotguns at all.

#3639 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

I guess it is a scare tactic. I remember that people were supposed to be banned for the level 100 glitch in Gears 2. I don't think that happened either.

When they say "Gnashers only", I think that means sawed offs are not allowed.

#3640 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yeah i tried to ask rod twice on twitter if i would be banned for idle boosting in private and he didnt answer. :(

:D

questions like that usually go unanswered for a while...we've experienced that stuff on Reach.

#3641 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

Well damn idk what to do. I mean usually they make some kind of announcement about what would get you banned. Then again this is epic, so who knows.

Someone suggested Cluckshot special event on twitter the other night, that would be pretty hilarious to play. :)

#3642 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

you figure, it's better to not say what is bannable so ppl won't try their best to work around it...sometimes just the fear of being banned for questionable activity works for a while. it's only a matter of time before the word gets out what will get you banned, how often, etc. Reach was a good example, ppl figured out that you wouldn't get banned if you only idle boosted FF every few games. I suppose if everytime you did everyone actually tagged you as quitting early etc it might speed the process.

I see this as a soft control to help others who aren't as efficient at boosting medals to catch up in lvls etc. in the end, whatever floats your boat.

#3643 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

I wonder if the gnasher even will be an event that counts towards the achievement. hope they include that info for all events from now on.

#3644 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

I have some Gears 3 Liquid Green Weapon Skin Pack(s) I can't even sell on here, blah! Looking forward to the weekend though for the Event sounds like fun.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3645 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

saw this guy w/the golden hunter and a gold medal as his lvl...the guy pretty much carried his team every round. I almost felt bad I wasn't contributing until about 4 matches in. whichever team he was on, they always one except once. bleh...never saw someone stick and move so much, almost felt like I was playing in slow motion.

a lot fun nonetheless.

#3646 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Dude. I already have like 85 hours logged into this game, and it's only been a month. I'm addicted. I even kind of suck online (0.8 K/D), but it's still fun.

#3647 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

Is the Retribution ribbon unlocking for anyone? I clearly met the requirements a little while ago, and it didn't unlock.

#3648 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

New expansion DLC announced. This time it's single player campaign (3 hours), 6 multiplayer characters, and a "Chocolate Weapons Set." The DLC is part of the Season Pass package.

http://kotaku.com/58...-chocolate-guns

For $15 on December 13, you'll be able to add three hours to Gears of War 3's storyline campaign by downloading a new expansion to the game called RAAM's Shadow. You'll also be able to play as a bad guy in it.

The creators of Gears of War 3 spilled details on the second big downloadable content release for September's Xbox 360 exclusive today, promising that RAAM's Shadow will add more than three hours of gameplay through a mini-campaign set after Emergence Day, the event that triggered the war that has been raging through the three Gears games. Emergence Day preceded the events of the original Gears of War by 14 years.

In RAAM's Shadow, you'll be playing as members of Zeta squad, including Michael Barrick from the Gears comics, Lt. Minh Young Kim from the first game, Tai Kaliso from the second and a new character named Alicia Valera. Players will also play as RAAM, essentially taking on the role of one of the end boss of the first Gears of War as he storms a human stronghold.

The $15 expansion will also add six characters to multiplayer, an opportunity for 250 Achievement points and the Chocolate Weapons Set, which is presumably a silly, alternate array of guns for multiplayer. Yummy!

Those who bought the Gears of War 3 season pass will get RAAM's Shadow as part of their pass.

#3649 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

so...w/the new chocolate wpn's set, does that include the Mortar? I want to be able to "Chocolate Rain" on my opponants. (i couldn't resist)

...100% krakow!

#3650 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Any pics of the DLC?

#3651 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Nice. Kim aka Robin Atkin Downes. My hero!

#3652 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Also, first MP DLC details will be revealed on Nov. 1st.

#3653 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Sounds pretty good, can't wait to see the chocolate weapons.

Also, since all of the Horde Command Pack content is already on the disc, but the stuff in the subsequent DLCs apparently isn't, I guess we're going to start seeing compatibility packs for Gears. I wonder if they will be mandatory or how that will be handled.

Edited by Ryuukishi, 20 October 2011 - 03:21 PM.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3654 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

Also, since all of the Horde Command Pack content is already on the disc, but the stuff in the subsequent DLCs apparently isn't, I guess we're going to start seeing compatibility packs for Gears. I wonder if they will be mandatory or how that will be handled.

I'd imagine they'll have to be mandatory. I don't know how else you'd do new multiplayer characters in a game with someone who doesn't have the DLC. I guess they could just make the new characters Marcus or whatever from the perspective of someone who doesn't own the DLC, but that wouldn't be advertising the new DLC to people who don't have it yet. You'd think Epic would want people to see other gamers playing as Kim, for example, to encourage them to buy the DLC.

#3655 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'd imagine they'll have to be mandatory. I don't know how else you'd do new multiplayer characters in a game with someone who doesn't have the DLC. I guess they could just make the new characters Marcus or whatever from the perspective of someone who doesn't own the DLC, but that wouldn't be advertising the new DLC to people who don't have it yet. You'd think Epic would want people to see other gamers playing as Kim, for example, to encourage them to buy the DLC.

Street Fighter IV's costume packs were the exact same issue, but they're optional. I'm not even sure Microsoft would allow mandatory compatibility packs. Title updates are mandatory but there are strict limits on how big they can be.

#3656 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

it's possible MS gives more flexibility for their exclusive titles, i.e. Halo and Gears.

#3657 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Any pics of the DLC?

Only pics i see is this backshot of RAAM

AWESOME! I think its cool to see 6 new characters, and a 3 hour campaign at a time before RAAM dies. I was hoping you would be RAAM though, and see his side of things. But still this is more exciting than the horde command pack for me. As for the chocolate guns, how is that going to look any different than regular black guns? LOL

#3658 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I was hoping you would be RAAM though, and see his side of things.

There apparently is a part of the campaign where you play as RAAM (why all caps anyway, what does it stand for?) and wreck shop on some humans.

#3659 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

RAAM is always angry, that's why he uses all CAPS...all the time.

#3660 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

RAAM is always angry, that's why he uses all CAPS...all the time.

I was pretty angry during the 20 tries it took me to beat him... on Casual. :cold: