Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3661 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

I was pretty angry during the 20 tries it took me to beat him... on Casual. :cold:

im trying to play through the 2 previous gears on and off, I heard RAAM was quite the boss. hopefully towards the end, I'll be able to recruit some veteran help and make him fertilizer.

#3662 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I was pretty angry during the 20 tries it took me to beat him... on Casual. :cold:

LMAO.

I cant wait to wreck shop against humans with RAAM. I believe the procedure goes... Lift, Stab, Throw (repeat)

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#3663 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

LMAO.

I cant wait to wreck shop against humans with RAAM. I believe the procedure goes... Lift, Stab, Throw (repeat)

I hope that the controls & cam for RAAM look and feel like the heavies & Kantus in beast

#3664 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

LMAO.

RAAM could kill Dom just by looking at him funny. Gears 1 on Casual was 100x harder than 3 on Hardcore. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3665 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

RAAM could kill Dom just by looking at him funny. Gears 1 on Casual was 100x harder than 3 on Hardcore. :lol:

Gears 1 played really fast Vs. 2 & 3

#3666 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

im trying to play through the 2 previous gears on and off, I heard RAAM was quite the boss.

Just have someone be a decoy while the other person moves for the Troika on the far opposite side of you. Let him unleash the Kryll on you and just hold down the trigger on the Troika. He'll fall into chunks faster than the Kryll can fly to you.

I still occasionally jump into random Insane Cooperative games to help people for just this reason, as AI Dom is too much of a liability, and not many people play that game anymore.

But the hardest part of Gears of War is driving the junker on Insane...especially in Cooperative. If there's one thing Gears of War 3 did correctly, it's not having a driving sequence.

#3667 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

If there's one thing Gears of War 3 did correctly, it's not having a driving sequence.

Big time.

#3668 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

@the ebbtide - yeah...i'm not up to that part yet, I just got past the berserker, when I need a break from 3 I go back to 1 and eventually 2. thanks for the tips though. i'll look for you on the battlefield when the time comes.

#3669 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

There is also the RAAM glitch where he gets stuck by the block, i think thats how i beat it on insane. I really cant remember. Me and a friend beat RAAM recently and it was easier than i thought. Just load up on torque bows and nades!

#3670 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

There is also the RAAM glitch where he gets stuck by the block, i think thats how i beat it on insane. I really cant remember. Me and a friend beat RAAM recently and it was easier than i thought. Just load up on torque bows and nades!

Yeah, if he gets stuck it's a sign from the Allfathers that RAAM must die.

Or lose weight.

#3671 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Just have someone be a decoy while the other person moves for the Troika on the far opposite side of you. Let him unleash the Kryll on you and just hold down the trigger on the Troika. He'll fall into chunks faster than the Kryll can fly to you.

I still occasionally jump into random Insane Cooperative games to help people for just this reason, as AI Dom is too much of a liability, and not many people play that game anymore.

But the hardest part of Gears of War is driving the junker on Insane...especially in Cooperative. If there's one thing Gears of War 3 did correctly, it's not having a driving sequence.

I could never get the troika option to work although I only tried a few times and it seemed impossible so I just did it the old fashioned way.

Oddly enough I only died once in the junker mission on casual when I couldn't tell where the kryll were coming from. Not once on the harder difficulties. After hearing all the horror stories about it I was ready to crush a controller in rage, but musta gotten lucky.

Don't forget the longshot as well.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3672 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

where are these codes for the beta unlocks coming from? damn Epic saying there'd be no way to get them if you didn't play the beta

also Gears 1 Insane... must have wasted over an hour on Raam. I told my friend it lets just stay withthe lancer at him since he was sniping and I was using boltok/lancer once the shield was down. lancer only would have worked but was taking too long and we died eventually. I then told him lets go find a torque bow... he grad torque and a longshot while I had longshot and lancer. The torque takes out the shield and literally within 2 minutes the credits were rolling :applause:

lol tl;dr. Use a torque bow on Raam's shield.

#3673 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hmmm, new DLC announced + some details.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#3674 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

You might as well tell people they are visiting your site for this info since the same new was posted a few pages back already.

#3675 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hardcore is live and absolutely scrumptious.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3676 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hardcore is live and absolutely scrumptious.

I might have to pull myself away from Arkham City for this. But only for a bit. ;)

#3677 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Beware: The Gnasher of War 3 remarks are actually funny now because they ARE true!

Strictly Gnasher and Snub Pistol w/ Infinite Ammo and Must Active Mutators. SOS scrubs and rifle enthusiasts were warned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a permanent classic playlist without Retro and SOS in the future. If only Epic would admit what type of game play made their multiplayer popular in the first place. Hmm...

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3678 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I like the gnasher and pistol playlist, I don't like the random 1 person every game with the sniper gnasher though.

fs_overall.png

#3679 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

How long does it take to go from 1-50 in Horde? I'd like to get a group together one night and complete this mode, the farthest I've ever gotten was wave 37 with some random group and I'd love to be able to finally get the achievement.

Would also like to do a 4 player coop run on Insane and Arcade mode sometime.

#3680 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

I thought you could start a horde match from any wave so you don't have to go from 1-50, essentially you could start at 37-50 and hope to finish.

#3681 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

I thought you could start a horde match from any wave so you don't have to go from 1-50, essentially you could start at 37-50 and hope to finish.

If that's the case anyone want to help me get from 37-50 tonight? haha

#3682 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Takes probably 2.5 - 3 hours with a halfway decent group. You can get the achievement just by finishing all of the individual waves over different sessions, but there is a ribbon for finishing 1 through 50 in one go.

#3683 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

I still need to do 1-50 on Insane. With infinite ammo and the active reload power up, it makes it easier, but I can never seem to find anyone wanting to do it.

#3684 jdioutkast

jdioutkast

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

anyone up for some Horde mode tonight, add me!

jdioutkast1

I heard MGS4 fixed bricked PS3s

#3685 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

Cliff just tweeted this.... haha awesome.

http://www.whosay.co...ki/photos/82713

#3686 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

That is freaking awesome and I'm glad they are doing stuff like this. Also, anyone else miss the picture capability from Gears 2?

EDIT: I might be down for an Insane Horde run. I have the Infinite Ammo mutator and am 4 wretch kills from getting Instagib.
Spoiler

#3687 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

Takes probably 2.5 - 3 hours with a halfway decent group. You can get the achievement just by finishing all of the individual waves over different sessions, but there is a ribbon for finishing 1 through 50 in one go.

took me just over 5 hours with one other person. a significant amount of that time was spent getting wrecked on boss waves 30, 40, and 50.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3688 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

Would also like to do a 4 player coop run on Insane and Arcade mode sometime.

avoid insane if you want to keep your sanity. the last level boss is the biggest bullshit in video game bosses history
Posted Image

#3689 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

I really hope a headshot uses the splattered fruit sound from the ones sitting around old town.

That is freaking awesome and I'm glad they are doing stuff like this. Also, anyone else miss the picture capability from Gears 2?

EDIT: I might be down for an Insane Horde run. I have the Infinite Ammo mutator and am 4 wretch kills from getting Instagib.

I also miss the pic feature. Down for insane horde as well.

avoid insane if you want to keep your sanity. the last level boss is the biggest bullshit in video game bosses history

I may have played conservatively cause I heard the grief about the last boss but I had little trouble on my first try on hardcore. What exactly was the deal with it? Spoiler tagging an answer would probably be best.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3690 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

The ghost camera is horrible, its difficult to even point at something to tag it. One way its so slow, the other direction is too fast. Why didnt they make it the same speed all 4 ways.