Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3721 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

Halloween->Halloween Event->War Supporter 5/5->Achievement Unlocked->Gears of War 3->Traded-In

5 just unlocks the Golden Gear skin. 30 events for the Onyx and the achievement. It's going to be next year sometime...

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3722 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

i don't think I got the credit for playing online during release...and did we confirm that private solo idling boosting is not a bannable offense?

#3723 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

i don't think I got the credit for playing online during release...and did we confirm that private solo idling boosting is not a bannable offense?

all signs point to you wont get banned. Everyone ive read about being banned on epic forums modded. I wouldnt idle boost in online matches, but private should be fine.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3724 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:12 AM

If private idle boosting were a bannable offense I would be the first person bitching about it in here. I think it's safe to say we're in the clear.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3725 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:12 AM

Yup, 4/5 (really 4/30 :cold:) is the max you can have right now, unless you played prior to the release day title update when every online match counted +1.

Bummer guess I missed one already as I only have 3/5 so far. Thought I played all the listed events so far on their calender too.

#3726 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

hahahaha...thanks, I'm sure I won't be doing it on the level of most but firing up a private match before i run an errand might be something I'll start doing plus I never idle boost in online matches.

#3727 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

If anyone wants to play horde or beast, feel free to add me.

#3728 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

(probably asked before) is there something awarded for being Beast mode on Hardcore difficulty? so far I've yet to get into a group that can get past wave 10/12...and it's frustrating. Also that armored septapede whatever is the terminator. (pricey but oh so good)

#3729 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

^
Don't waste your time with Hardcore (you only get a gold medal), just play on Insane instead. But remember, you have to complete all 12 waves without failing to get the Onyx medal and the Savage Theron.

TIPS: Use the Wretches on waves 1-5 because they can jump over fences (not laser fences)
Use the Savage Grenadier. He is so AMAZING.
When you unlock the Beserker, focus on destroying fortifications for your team (you also get bonus time).

#3730 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

@ - pp, the groups ive been with I've generally played wretches mostly and dominated the first couple of wave...then I switch to kantus for healing while the rest of the team finally catches on that wretches can "jump" over barbed wire. Boomer for a wave or two, and finally just the seprapede etc. by then most of the other ppl who stayed and have a grasp on teamwork played bipedal horde w/guns.

personally i just want to be able to beat beast mode at least 1st on any difficulty, then get w/a group who won't bail on insane mode.

#3731 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

I have been tempted to join games, build the headquarters, and quit. 100 founder ribbons, would take forever otherwise (and it would still take a ton of time doing it that way too.

All weekend I had this happen to me!
Don't be that guy. they didn't even play a single wave! happen 7 times (No BS!) would pick a random ass spot and then they would quit.

#3732 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Don't be that guy. they didn't even play a single wave! happen 7 times (No BS!) would pick a random ass spot and then they would quit.

now it makes sense, i was always wondering WTF? after a guy drops out in the first way like every other game. if we ever play and i drop it's because of my ISP but so far the connection has been very stable.

#3733 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

You can do it in private with a 2nd controller and it would probably be faster than searching online, rushing for the first command post and quitting.

#3734 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

You can do it in private with a 2nd controller and it would probably be faster than searching online, rushing for the first command post and quitting.

there's no ranked disconnects for horde/beast?

apparently my ranked disconnects are from setting up my own private arcade campaign session, finding some cogs then quiting out to find the next ones.

#3735 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

idk who cares about disconnects. What does that effect if anything?

#3736 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

(shrugs) personal reasons, im sure ill get over it too...i remember one time I was playing WoW and someone in a raid killed a civillian and everyone was up in arms because it was marked on their stat tab. i thought perhaps if ranked d/c's might factor into an exp ban or something. while Gears is not Reach, i'm still a bit cautious as to how they monitor things such as that.

#3737 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

I managed to get Beast mode done on insane last night. That makes 2 Onyx Medals down, a ton to go .

#3738 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

(shrugs) personal reasons, im sure ill get over it too...i remember one time I was playing WoW and someone in a raid killed a civillian and everyone was up in arms because it was marked on their stat tab. i thought perhaps if ranked d/c's might factor into an exp ban or something. while Gears is not Reach, i'm still a bit cautious as to how they monitor things such as that.

The worst that can happen is you supposedly being paired up with fellow quitters and 4,500 EXP penalty for Versus games. I have about 35 - 40 split between Horde, Beast and Arcade - I couldn't care less. Considering everything except private matches and vanilla campaign seems to nets you random disconnects depriving yourself of online multiplayer is the only way to avoid them completely. That MP banning bullshit though is one of the main reasons I stopped playing Reach in the first place. No one should be penalized that harshly for refusing to stay in lost cause games when they aren't cheating. Bungie went WAY too far trying to police how people choose to play something they paid for IMO.

Speaking of the Halo franchise thanks for reminding me of what I need to sell next. I have way too many games collecting dust here that I know I will never play again. XBL seriously needs to patch a delete achievement feature already.

#3739 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Ok cool, too bad you can only get the ribbon once per session. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time starting and quiting private horde matches.

#3740 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

@ - ink, yeah makes sense. i never had a problem w/banning while playing reach, though any online experience always attracts less favorable groupings at times and more often than not. I don't play reach much, and barely do the dailies at this point unless it takes the least amount of effort...I am glad however I got a digital copy, esp after selling my hard copy many months ago. I think going into the online gears experience and progression, just knowing what might trigger a ban hammer or the like is good to know.

as for a achievement deletion patch, yeah...i just want my effort towards the impossibly difficult DDR game to vanish forever.

#3741 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Understandable man. Currently the only way you can get banned from Gears MP is good ol' fashioned non-disputable cheating e.g. mods, lag switching, idle boosting in public games. The most important thing to note is that Epic also forwards your tag to the XBL Enforcement Team which naturally graduates your minor ban to something a tad bit more permanent on a wider scale.

#3742 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

If anyone wants to play some Insane 4 Player Arcade or Campaign later today, send me a Friend Request. TheBigAndy

#3743 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Sometimes I just wish companies would realize that these types of goals/achievements ruin gameplay so they wouldn't include them...

#3744 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Weapon and xp changes are out....

#3745 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

I love how they only place Boomshot on the maps where its presence is easily trounced by long distance cross fire camping. Awesome. Mercy's weapon selection was fine as is. All they had to do was remove the damn Church gate to deter camping, but nooooooooo... that shit would actually make too much sense. So let's give scrubs and power weapon campers unlimited frags on even rounds and get rid of One Shot to make it even easier! Man Up victories are great! ...Idiots. I notice they still haven't put Mortar back on Overpass or replaced it with Longshot + permanent frag combo so the map remains unbalanced.

Who the f*ck are they listening to when they make these decisions? Themselves? Do they even have the time to actually play with the public? Jesus... If their forum community had anything to do with this I pray they ignore them in the future. These changes reek of rifle and camper pandering.

Holy shit at those launch xp rates though... wow. Damn glad I played at during launch. I hope they realize boosting Execution and Warzone is a fool's errand. It won't keep them off life support. Restoring the rounds or giving us a classic playlist is the best chance they have of maintaining interest.

#3746 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

I love Gears 3, especially King of the Hill!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#3747 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:55 AM

How about they fix the fucking spawn points... I love having an entire opposing team spawn right behind me if I happen to be near one of the points.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#3748 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

The one shot on mercy could kill anyone hiding behind the cover near the center back of the church, maybe thats why they took it out. It was too easy to kill people under cover, unless they constantly move back and forth.

#3749 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

The one shot on mercy could kill anyone hiding behind the cover near the center back of the church, maybe thats why they took it out. It was too easy to kill people under cover, unless they constantly move back and forth.

Which was exactly the point - it was one of the few effective ways of pressuring church campers without putting yourself at risk. In order for those jackasses to continue dicking around without consequence they had to hug a far wall on either side of church to stay alive. Mortar is only effective when you walk/wall bounce down from its spawn and for that back up is necessary. Assuming the campers weren't blind or stupid enough NOT to shoot you through the gate to begin with.

It's crystal clear Epic is going full retard mode for this game. They need to stop trying to fix what isn't broken and start acknowledging what is before they repeat the same mistakes they made with GoW 2. They are starting to giving me a reason to think about buying MW3 and neither of us want that.

#3750 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

you have a point, i do like how they changed the scorcher into an ink on drydock. I always go for the ink if i play on maps where they are near spawn. So i hated spawning on the one side with no ink on drydock.