Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3751 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Ok, so as far as I know there hasn't been a patch to the game yet but I have noticed changes to the sawed off since Friday. I don't know if I am just imagining things but it seems the blast area and power have been decreased. I have literally shot people point blank and not killed them on multiple occasions. Whenever someone charges at me with the retro lancer I can never kill them, I used to kill them about 90% of the time before and it was my fault when I didn't. So am I crazy or has anyone else noticed any difference?
Posted Image

#3752 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:54 AM

Ok, so as far as I know there hasn't been a patch to the game yet but I have noticed changes to the sawed off since Friday. I don't know if I am just imagining things but it seems the blast area and power have been decreased. I have literally shot people point blank and not killed them on multiple occasions. Whenever someone charges at me with the retro lancer I can never kill them, I used to kill them about 90% of the time before and it was my fault when I didn't. So am I crazy or has anyone else noticed any difference?

So long as the match you're playing is hosted on an Epic server, I think they can be tweaking the game mechanics without putting a patch through.

#3753 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

I think the sawed-off blast radius fans out. I'm not sure if it was always like that, but I just noticed it a few days ago because I hardly use it.

#3754 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

So long as the match you're playing is hosted on an Epic server, I think they can be tweaking the game mechanics without putting a patch through.

I think the sawed-off blast radius fans out. I'm not sure if it was always like that, but I just noticed it a few days ago because I hardly use it.

I know there is something different with it because it's my weapon of choice and I think I am pretty damn good with it but there is something off about it since Friday.
Posted Image

#3755 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

Weapon and xp changes are out....

Mulcher on Mercy...Fuck, there goes one of my favorite maps :/

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3756 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

finally beat Beast (normal) mode w/randoms. Even managed to beat the last 3 waves w/just 2 other ppl...not sure why ppl would drop out during wave the later waves. we never failed and everyone seemed to be doing well.

#3757 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

I just unlocked the Onyx Lancer and I have to say it was not worth the time. Since the whole gun gets a black tint (like the Gold Omen) you could barely notice the liquid metal part.

#3758 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

heh...somehow i wish i was able to devote that much time to my gaming but considering i'm getting a lot more work, i can't complain. i'm still working on sos kills for the mutator unlock.

who knows, many the onyx wpns look awesome w/the onyx guard skins.

#3759 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

question:

me and my brother play on the same 360, under two different xbl gamertags. does anyone know if i buy the season pass will it work for him too when he's playing on his tag? i feel like i've purchased other dlcs for other games and they've worked for him, but just want confirmation before pulling the trigger, also because he's giving me $10 towards it so it's cheaper for both of us. thnx

#3760 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

question:

me and my brother play on the same 360, under two different xbl gamertags. does anyone know if i buy the season pass will it work for him too when he's playing on his tag? i feel like i've purchased other dlcs for other games and they've worked for him, but just want confirmation before pulling the trigger, also because he's giving me $10 towards it so it's cheaper for both of us. thnx

I'd like to know this as well. I always let my brother make purchases on his Xbox and then I download them on mine but I don't know how the season pass works. I am guessing that once I get the season pass he would download them and then I would just go into account history and download them on mine but I would like to be sure.
Posted Image

#3761 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

I'd like to know this as well. I always let my brother make purchases on his Xbox and then I download them on mine but I don't know how the season pass works. I am guessing that once I get the season pass he would download them and then I would just go into account history and download them on mine but I would like to be sure.

itll work like any dlc does. purchased and dl'd on one xbox will be available to every user on that xbox. every other xbox, the burchasing account will have to be logged in.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3762 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

itll work like any dlc does. purchased and dl'd on one xbox will be available to every user on that xbox. every other xbox, the burchasing account will have to be logged in.

Good to know. Thanks.
Posted Image

#3763 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

Got to level 50 tonight, woo. With over 100 hours put into this game, and no (attainable) achievements remaining, I can feel my interest in this game dropping a bit. It would probably be a different story if I was actually good at the game, or at least improving, but I think I've plateaued at mediocrity. I think I'll mainly be going back to it for the special Epic Events and new DLC. Anyhow, it's safe to say that I've gotten my $60 worth out of it, heh.

#3764 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

@ ryu & PrarieDOG (and whoever else I was hording w/last night) - thanks guys, was a pretty mighty Horde experience. Sorry I had to bail after wave 32? I had to pick up the gf. Now I just need to go from 30ish > 50. Seeing fully upgraded sentries and ppl who actually use silverbacks effectively was a nice change.

#3765 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, that was a pretty crazy game, we had one Level 100 guy at the beginning of the match, and another guy who was being a goof-off (chainsawing me and intentionally blocking my turret shots for the lulz, I guess) the whole time. That was the guy who got downed practically every wave too.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3766 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

im surprised we got as far as we did with goofy playing...first couple rounds, since everyone was so jacked up w/upgrades I was like...i hope they don't think im a slacker, I just couldn't afford to repairs anything damaged yet. I'm glad I had a few waves where I got the point man ribbon and a bunch of cross map revives.

#3767 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

hehe not to be salty but i think im done with verses. suck to much

do like arcade and horde tho. :)

#3768 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

i'm enjoying cooperative modes in Gears more, I still don't have a good handle like some of the cover and evade ninjas i've seen playing this game. it's not even accuracy anymore, they just move around so quickly they seem to literally do circles around those who aren't very familiar w/the dive and cover system...I've even seen guys seemingly slide, hop, cover, dive and fire without skipping a beat. i feel once you beat the cooperative modes on insane, get the medals onyx'd there's always versus to return to...that'll always be fresh.

#3769 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Level 49 and 7 tenths... so close...

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3770 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Finally beat the campaign yesterday. Boss battle was fucking stupid, hated it and I'm not looking forward to insane.

Does using mutators on campaign affect achievements? Also was there anything at the end of the credits? I skipped them.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3771 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

Finally beat the campaign yesterday. Boss battle was fucking stupid, hated it and I'm not looking forward to insane.

Does using mutators on campaign affect achievements? Also was there anything at the end of the credits? I skipped them.

Nope mutate away. If you want some help let me know. And I'll be damned if I forget what was in the credits.

#3772 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Cool, thanks for clearing that up and for the offer. I should be good though and it'll probably be a while till I hit up the campaign again ;)

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3773 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Anyone interested in doing Beast Mode on insane? I'm trying to complete that, I'll be on tomorrow morning. 8am on the West.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#3774 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

Anyone interested in doing Beast Mode on insane? I'm trying to complete that, I'll be on tomorrow morning. 8am on the West.

My suggestion, which was given to me by another CAG here, do it on Checkout. There are so many areas where you can avoid barriers by jumping over short walls and shelves.

Also, you can always try hitting up random people from your 'Last played with' list. I had 2 friends and 2 randoms when we completed it.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3775 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:35 AM

beat beast twice today (granted it was normal) but it was with 4 ppl each time. Mercy seems very easy...mainly because when they fortify you can draw them out and into the open. No wires to hop or sentries to worry about. Also finally able to hulk smash the entire board w/the berserker...omg, she's the terminator.

I'm down for insane mode but I'm on EST and only after regular business hours.

#3776 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

I am down for Insane Beast, Horde, Arcde or Campaign. XBL TheBigAndy

#3777 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

Also down for some insane beast mode. Sounds fun.

TBH, insane horde mode sounds miserable though, hehe.

#3778 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

TBH, insane horde mode sounds miserable though, hehe.

Not that bad when you have mutators ;)

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3779 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

trick to queen is to just put your back on teh well and listen for hooks :)

#3780 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Boomshot/sniper event coming up. Sounds like fun.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png