Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3781 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

Are there five people who want to do Insane Horde this weekend with mutators?

#3782 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Are there five people who want to do Insane Horde this weekend with mutators?

I'd be up for that. It would need to be at night though.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3783 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

I'm down for insane horde, i dont have all the mutators though but really only the host needs it...I'm also down for hardcore horde, or even normal/casual from 1-50 so I can get that no fail medal or whatever it is. it'll have to be at night as well.

#3784 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

the last game Ryuu invited me to we breezed through 19-31ish despite one guy apparently thinking it was funny to stand infront of sentries and turrets.

#3785 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

I would do insane Horde this weekend. I have instigib and the reload mutator. Still working on unlimited ammo.

#3786 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I would do insane Horde this weekend. I have instigib and the reload mutator. Still working on unlimited ammo.

Those are the two I have as well, and I know I am less than half-way to unlimited ammo, but I'm not sure if that's essential.

I'd be more inclined to want to do it at night, if that's when others want to.

Is there a map that's best for this? I'd think Checkout to avoid Brumaks and Seeders, but I could also see Checkout's tight setup being disastrous for the higher up waves with enemies and explosives.

Overpass? With Super Reload I could see a Brumak going down easily, especially with 5 firing on it.

#3787 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

I could help with horde on insane this weekend. I have infinite ammo, instagib, and super reloader. I've already beaten it on insane but I need all the other onyx medals in Horde. Its pretty easy on Overpass. Buy the command post up top, only buy/upgrade the fences at the bottom by the steps and have one guy buy/maintain a silverback.

524190.png

#3788 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

I could help with horde on insane this weekend. I have infinite ammo, instagib, and super reloader. I've already beaten it on insane but I need all the other onyx medals in Horde. Its pretty easy on Overpass. Buy the command post up top, only buy/upgrade the fences at the bottom by the steps and have one guy buy/maintain a silverback.

Yeah, that sounds like the best strategy.

I have all the upgrades maxed out, so repairing and upgrading the wires and Silverback (and turret and sentry, if needed) shouldn't be an issue if people without the upgrades want to give me (or anyone else with the upgrades maxed out) their money initially to get those up early.

We'd also probably have to come up with a system of agreement about the Loot Challenges.

#3789 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

Is there a map that's best for this? I'd think Checkout to avoid Brumaks and Seeders

I've gotten a Brumak on Checkout before. Twice, in fact. Never had a seeder in any boss wave ever though. Did you mean Reaver?
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#3790 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, I've had a Brumak on Checkout too. It was sweet because he glitched on a low roof and couldn't move. Do you mean Gunker rather than Seeder? I've had them on Checkout too.

#3791 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

I meant Reavers, but I was unaware about Brumaks on Checkout. Good to know. I just assumed that the small indoor setting would've prevented a Brumak from being used on that map.

If there's 5 people that are ready to do this, I'm definitely free this weekend to get it done.

#3792 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

I'm down for insane horde, beast, arcade whatever as well. Can't really play during the daytime hours though, more like 9pm and after EST.

#3793 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hey guys feel free to add me on xbox live for any and all gears action. I am usually on daily between 10pm-2 am PST.

I am ALWAYS on to boost the other medals, but Thats the times I actually play.

#3794 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

think ima be playing a bunch this coming weekend *finally*
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3795 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

Word is that you get a black and orange weapon skin for this weekend. I'm at work and I have not been able to play today. But keep an eye out for it and if any one has seen it or has pic link it up!

#3796 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

If you get halloween theme'd wpn skins, is it's only for the event or do we actually get to keep it? a jack o lantern inplace of the cog gear skin would be pretty sweet.

#3797 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

If you get halloween theme'd wpn skins, is it's only for the event or do we actually get to keep it? a jack o lantern inplace of the cog gear skin would be pretty sweet.

It is being said that it's just for the weekend & that you only see the halloween skins over the Flame skin set (you need to have the flame skins equipped to see the weekend skins)

#3798 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

It is being said that it's just for the weekend & that you only see the halloween skins over the Flame skin set (you need to have the flame skins equipped to see the weekend skins)

damn.

I curse my buddies for telling me they werent going to play Gears, so i opt'd out of the beta...now they are playing gears, and after they beat it, they'll trading it in to GS. Otherwise, they're really good buds...

#3799 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Thanks you just sparked a Mem. that piss me off. I gave 3 of my friends codes to get into the beta the 1st week after the Bulletstorm week They never used the codes!

#3800 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Thanks you just sparked a Mem. that piss me off. I gave 3 of my friends codes to get into the beta the 1st week after the Bulletstorm week They never used the codes!

if you can't perform a fire ball motion, they most likely won't hold onto the game after they beat the campaign. I stopped sending them CAG like deals and/or codes for stuff.

as for triggering bad memories...you can take them out on some trick or treater's tonight in the gears event. :hot:

#3801 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

i dont have sound at the office, but it was interesting. looks like hong kong...funny thing is the guy playing marcus looks so tiny in the gears outfit but you know that dood probably knows all sorts of mad kungfu.

#3802 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

i dont have sound at the office, but it was interesting. looks like hong kong...funny thing is the guy playing marcus looks so tiny in the gears outfit but you know that dood probably knows all sorts of mad kungfu.

It's only playing the song Mad World. so your not missing much but it has an effect on the video.

yes the guy is small as I don't know what! I think I would look small in that. from the looks of it! 6'1 225

#3803 Seaworthyset

Seaworthyset

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Im looking for some CAG members who are willing me to help me complete the Campaign on Arcade (4player co-op) with the following acts/chapters on Casual/Normal.
Act 2 Chapter 1,2
Act 3 Chapter 1,2,3
Act 5 Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6

#3804 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Im looking for some CAG members who are willing me to help me complete the Campaign on Arcade (4player co-op) with the following acts/chapters on Casual/Normal.
Act 2 Chapter 1,2
Act 3 Chapter 1,2,3
Act 5 Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6

Goodness you need to just go ahead and do it on Insane and get it all out of the way!

#3805 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

...or at least hardcore.

#3806 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Tip, while 3 players are on insane, have the 4th on Casual in campaign, have them run ahead and kill everything. It makes this super simple.

#3807 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Tip, while 3 players are on insane, have the 4th on Casual in campaign, have them run ahead and kill everything. It makes this super simple.

i didnt know individual players can set their own difficulty in arcade...does the guy set to casual still get credit for insane completion?

#3808 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

On Arcade, all players have the same difficulty. No exceptions.

And no, the Casual Player gets credit for beating it on Casual.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3809 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Different difficulty settings only works in Standard campaign.

But it's not too hard to clear Insane on Arcade legit. Just keep joining games until you get a chapter you still need. Half the time you join when they are 5 seconds away from finishing the chapter anyway.

#3810 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Different difficulty settings only works in Standard campaign.

But it's not too hard to clear Insane on Arcade legit. Just keep joining games until you get a chapter you still need. Half the time you join when they are 5 seconds away from finishing the chapter anyway.

oh snap...go too know.