Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3811 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

What makes Insane hard is that there is no down-but-not-out, you just instantly die when your health goes down to zero. But that also means that the great advantage of playing with A.I. on Hardcore and below, the fact that they are professional revive machines, is irrelevant.

Playing with four humans there are really only two very difficult spots in the game-- the very end of Act 3 and the final boss. Act 3 is just brutally difficult and my best advice is to just keep trying until you get matched up with people who are really good. :) There's an occasional glitch in the final boss fight where the palace guards won't spawn like they're supposed to, turning an essentially impossible fight into a very easy one. Keep joining games and eventually you'll get lucky! This is why I'd also recommend trying to finish Arcade Act 5 soon, in case a future title update fixes this glitch!

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3812 Seaworthyset

Seaworthyset

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

At all of you reacting to my post, i completed insane with 2 friends the other night. Now i wat to beat all acts with 4 players total, but i cant make it up to 4 players.

#3813 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

This game would be a lot more fun if it was more consistent, and not so laggy. I played a few hours of boomsnipes, and it was fun at first. Then i start noticing my shots right under an enemies feet, and he lives through it. But they can hit a wall 10 feet behind me and i am annihilated. My last match i shot a boom at someone, got behind cover, pop goes my head. How did he shoot my head off when i was already behind cover? I also shot a guy twice with the boom and nothing, i ended up sniping his head off after 2 booms. And last but not least, love those invisible walls. I end up killing myself a couple times because i was aiming at someone and boom, invisible wall, im dead.

Also map rotation hasnt been fixed. I played trenches like 4 times, thrashball 3 times, never once got gridlock, old town. Wish they would do something about that. I tweet at cliff and rod about it a few times!

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3814 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

Also map rotation hasnt been fixed. I played trenches like 4 times, thrashball 3 times, never once got gridlock, old town. Wish they would do something about that. I tweet at cliff and rod about it a few times!

The map system is awful. Epic should just make it an alphabetical rotation like Gears 2 for all unranked matches.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#3815 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

Oh yeah, for some reason half the time i point at a guy with sniper, then zoom in, i will somehow be looking at the ground. I dont know why it does this, it should zoom straight at what im looking at. But sometimes ill end up looking at something further down to where i wanted to zoom in at.

#3816 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

Oh yeah, for some reason half the time i point at a guy with sniper, then zoom in, i will somehow be looking at the ground. I dont know why it does this, it should zoom straight at what im looking at. But sometimes ill end up looking at something further down to where i wanted to zoom in at.

Hah, I've noticed that too, disorients me quite a bit

#3817 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I hate when you're aiming from cover with a Longshot or Hammerburst and when you go to zoom in, for some reason it blocks you're sight with a wall.

This only happens when you're standing at corner cover, especially on Gridlock, but it makes the ability to go first person useless, as your shots get fired into the wall in that view.

#3818 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

Halloween colors are badass

#3819 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

I hate when you're aiming from cover with a Longshot or Hammerburst and when you go to zoom in, for some reason it blocks you're sight with a wall.

This only happens when you're standing at corner cover, especially on Gridlock, but it makes the ability to go first person useless, as your shots get fired into the wall in that view.

had that happen to me on gridlock. I was aiming and could see fine, but zoom in and blocked by a wall. Doesnt make sense. I also notice there is a big delay when you shoot the sniper and try to get back under cover. Maybe thats why i feel like i should be under cover, but end up getting my head shot off.

#3820 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Got my unlimited ammo. Noticed alot more unlock items are showing up as being locked.

#3821 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

Got my unlimited ammo. Noticed alot more unlock items are showing up as being locked.

Like what?

#3822 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:54 AM

Halloween colors are badass

Haven't played the Halloween event yet. What do you mean colors? I thought they were all just going to have jack-o-lantern heads.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#3823 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

I didnt even know the halloween event was live, ive been playing boomsnipes.

#3824 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

i wish there was private deathmatch.
-
makes sad that you cant use the matchmaking sets in private as well. me and my friend kept having to pick up the boomshot before we starting attacking. we killed each other several times before we picked one up (on purpose).

you know the old market level. i was at the digger and these two enemies were infront of me. i hit an invisible wall (or their boomshot). but they lived and i died, weird thing is they weren't looking at me and i clearly had the advantage. im thinking it was invisible wall because i fired my gun and i dont think they could have done the same in the span of time.
Posted Image

#3825 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Wait a minute i dont see any halloween colors or playlist, am i missing something?

#3826 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

^
Halloween Event = flaming skins get changed to what I call "pumpkin skins". It looks just like tiger stripes, but black and pumpkin orange.

Halloween Day Event = Jack-o-Laturn heads.

#3827 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

People on the Gears Forums are trying to get the Halloween skins to be a permanent unlock for those of us with flaming skins. When the event ends we're supposed to lose them. I only wish they were animated with an orange glow.

Do people want to do Insane Horde tonight?

#3828 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

Wait a minute i dont see any halloween colors or playlist, am i missing something?

I don't get it either, what game type do I have to play to work towards the play in xxx events medal?

#3829 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

So is this Halloween stuff counting as an event?

#3830 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

yup got the acheesemint. :D
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3831 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

I might just be an idiot, but what game type where you playing? Im not progressing on the medal.

#3832 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Play Boomsnipes and it should add 1 to your medal. If you have played all of the epic events, you should have 5/5.

#3833 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

Play Boomsnipes and it should add 1 to your medal. If you have played all of the epic events, you should have 5/5.

I played a few complete games and never moved up from 3/5. I will try again tomorrow.

#3834 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Just to be clear... 5 events unlocks the Golden Gear character, but we need 30 events for the Socialite achievement. ;)

I thought the Halloween skins looked great too (only flaming gun I have is the Gnasher but it seemed like everyone in Horde was playing with Halloween Lancers and Hammerbursts). It would be awesome if they somehow became a permanent unlock.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3835 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Just to be clear... 5 events unlocks the Golden Gear character, but we need 30 events for the Socialite achievement. ;)

I thought the Halloween skins looked great too (only flaming gun I have is the Gnasher but it seemed like everyone in Horde was playing with Halloween Lancers and Hammerbursts). It would be awesome if they somehow became a permanent unlock.

yeah sorry i meant the medal not acheesemint, my bad!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3836 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Alright now this is frustrating, how many games do you have to play? I have played quick match and Ranked.

#3837 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

only 1

#3838 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

Beast mode is so much more fun w/ppl that actually coordinate together. Me and 2 randoms beat it again on normal. I think I got 32 kills with the wretch, last 3 waves was just painful for the COG. They should just wave the white flag when there's 2 berserkers on the map and an armored kantus. Looking forward to Hardcore +

#3839 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:10 AM

I dont understand why i have to melee someone 3+ times to down them. Usually 2 times and you down them, but not for me during this gears weekend.

#3840 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

Had something weird happen on horde tonite.:-s

On Horde (casual) I got grouped in with 4 randoms and we didn't fail from level 1-39. Finally failed the 1st round of level 40. I choose to restart current level and my screen goes black with the exception of the barrier upgrade levels. Then the level begins and the screen is pitch black but I can here the Brumak & gunfire. So, I press 'x' and I'm somehow dead already, and can only ghost around and spot. Plus, there are only 3 of us left instead of 5. Well, the 2 players quickly die and I choose to retart the level again. Now, I can see plus 1 other player but not the 3rd. We die. Restart level, and I'm dead at the beginning again. Seems like only 2 of the 3 players left can play. After that round, we decide to quit and hopefully try again tomorrow. Anybody else run into this problem?
Posted Image