Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

@ 100xp Only the host requires the DLC.

#3902 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

@ 100xp Only the host requires the DLC.

oh snap! and knowing is half the battle.

#3903 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone know if the Season Pass works just like any other sort of DLC in terms of licence? I'm thinking of "giving" it to my friend since we tend to do it every time we buy DLC or an XBLA game.

I asked that before and someone said yes but I don't know if anyone has tried it yet. I would like to share it with my brother. Gamesharing is the only thing my PS3 does that I wish the 360 would do... Sigh.

#3904 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Give me 5 min. I'll find out.

#3905 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Confirmed. It can be shared accross 2 X360's. Might even work with more...the first time you load the game, it tells you the "season pass content is available, would you like to download now?".

I got the prompt each time on XBOX A and XBOX B. Keep in mind I purchased the season pass on XBOX A. Verified that the content is available on XBOX B.

#3906 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Confirmed. It can be shared accross 2 X360's. Might even work with more...the first time you load the game, it tells you the "season pass content is available, would you like to download now?".

I got the prompt each time on XBOX A and XBOX B. Keep in mind I purchased the season pass on XBOX A. Verified that the content is available on XBOX B.

Thanks! You are the man! Gonna have my brother download this now.

#3907 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Linkin! :D

#3908 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Yw ;)

#3909 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

im in for the dlc cheevo stuff as well as insane beast. just fr me or pm me here.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3910 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I already miss Boomsnipes. Playing regular TDM with SOS guns is disappointing. What did they do to gears! :(

Whats funny is they made the SOS for people who suck at using the gnasher, and i dont think it really solves a problem because those same people suck with the SOS too. I seen a player today miss two easy shots, and i mean they werent even close to aiming at the guy, it was so embarrassing. So in the end they just gave good players a more powerful shotgun.

Well at least with this DLC i can use Bernie, was getting tired of using Sam for the female medal. I cant wait to get that over with so i can use Big Rig Dizzy.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3911 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

What is the alpha game type? On events it list alpha and on the playlist there is an alpha playlist but it seemed like just regular koth but with 4 v4 not 5 v5

#3912 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

is there any word if the new horde maps will ever be made available for other modes (tdm, warzone, etc)?

#3913 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

is there any word if the new horde maps will ever be made available for other modes (tdm, warzone, etc)?

November 24

#3914 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

What is the alpha game type? On events it list alpha and on the playlist there is an alpha playlist but it seemed like just regular koth but with 4 v4 not 5 v5

It's a testing ground for the possibility of a Classic Playlist being permanently added to the general line up. I haven't played it yet, but from what I've read they are so close and yet oh so far. I wish Rod, Cliff, Quinn and whoever else is a part of the powers that be would let go of their vision of what the game SHOULD play like already. Because it's obvious they themselves can't figure out how to appease themselves and the hardcore simultaneously. It's a shame Epic can't seem to come to terms with what the public really wants. I'll tell you right now making the remaining rifles and SOS pick ups is a mistake that will bite them in the ass sooner or later, but at least they are trying to listen. I'll give them that much credit. I'll simply have to wait a little longer before I feel comfortable buying DLC and feeling enthusiastic about GoW 3 again. Hopefully what's left of the hardcore pro GoW1/2 crowd hints toward my personal game play concerns and voices them in the future.

Until then I'll pop it in when the free Clocktower/Bullet Marsh DLC shows up for a couple hours then move onto MW3 *shudder* and Skyrim.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3915 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Has this been posted already? It's hilarious.

http://www.oxmonline...lc-thanksgiving

EDIT: Guess it has, but without the source.

I'm still in awe of how badly they fucked up the DLC for this game. First the DLC is delayed, then they announce that the maps from the DLC are free a day later.

Edited by A Happy Panda, 01 November 2011 - 11:12 PM.

#3916 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

I love how that article ignores the fact those who didn't buy it are steady chuckling at the Versus playing crowd of early Horde DLC adopters for buying three free maps for no good reason.

Nice job Epic.

Then again... you also gave me the Blood Drive and Clocktower remakes I wanted WITHOUT shoving River down my throat so more slack is happily being cut on my behalf. Well done.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3917 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

I never liked Clocktower or Swamp...disappointing remakes but heh.

Guess the achievement of beating a boss wave of Horde with Onyx guards can only be achieved by playing with 4 others who have the DLC.

#3918 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Heh.....knew it was a good idea to hold off on the DLC. Now the RAAM DLC......thats coming home day 1.

#3919 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

I am on now if people want to start beast or the dlc achievements

#3920 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

Double XP from now till Nov 14th, level 100 here i come! (currently at 87)

#3921 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'll be on at 9 EST.

#3922 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

I'll be online in half an hour, it would be awesome if we could get a group of 5 together and get everybody the DLC achievements.

It's funny to me that commenters on various websites are raging at the "revelation" that the Horde Command download is just an unlock key for on-disc content, when there have been Youtube videos for weeks of people with modded consoles playing on the maps and using the character skins.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3923 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

^I'm right there with you man.

I like the new weapon skins, and Big Rig Dizzy will probably be my new character.

Still $10 for skins and to get the maps a few weeks early? Fuck YOU, Epic. I wish I hadn't bought the season pass now. Fuckers.

#3924 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

So the maps (the biggest part of the DLC) will be free on Thanksgiving?

HAHHAHAHAHA wow.

Glad I didn't get the season pass.

seanr1221.png

#3925 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Can someone explain this swamp map being in gears 1? Unless I missed something there was no swamp map in gears 1. There was bullet marsh which was hated by anyone who ever played gears, but no other swamp based maps.

20000 kills in gears 1 so I don't think I missed playing a map in my time with the game.

#3926 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Swamp is a remake of bullet marsh (from what I'm reading).

seanr1221.png

#3927 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, seems like it. Not sure why they chose that map out of all the maps, let alone the DLC ones. I much would have rather preferred Process and, of course, Raven Down.

Glad I ended up not buying the DLC today. I could care less about Horde so the multiplayer maps being free just means I can hold off on the pass even longer. Now I have 2400 points to burn. What to buy, what to buy.

#3928 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

Alpha is what i was hoping for, now all we need is a Guardian gametype in that playlist! DO IT EPIC!

#3929 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Clocktower? Sweet. Bullet Marsh? Eck.

Even with the news of free maps, I'm still tempted to buy the season pass. Does that make me stupid?
:-#

#3930 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

As a Season Pass buyer I'm a little disappointed by the news of the free maps. Overall I think the SP will still be a good deal since I do enjoy Horde, but I would have waited to buy it until the Campaign DLC came out.

Just played a match in the Alpha playlist and its amazing. I really like the simpler loadouts. I do kind of wish it was still 5v5, but 4v4 isn't bad. There were already people complaining about the lack of retro/sawed-off starts, which is hilarious.