Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3961 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

Command centers are made available to purchase AFTER buying certain flags. For example, only flags 2 & 4 allow commander centers.

flags are command posts? and I don't really get it still ._.

wish there was just a write up by epic that explained how to actually use the new features I paid for :roll: (or maybe there is one? only did a quick google search)

#3962 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

I broke down and got the season pass, and will be on tomorrow around 10pm pst. If anyone still needs the achievements, I will be more than happy to help (cause I need them too).

#3963 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

I got to level 90, and im about 50 lancer kills away from Gold lancer medal. Only 4,000 more kills to go for onyx..... :bomb:

So im starting to think i either have to play against... A. Sawed off noobs in regular matches, or B. elite players in the Alpha playlist. Damned if i do, damned if i dont.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#3964 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

yeah...never remembered the gnasher to be a long range wpn. I understand what you guys were complaining about now. Last vs match, the other team only used nades and gnashers and it seemed like 1st shot made my screen go red, 2nd shot downed me from 3 car distances away on grid. We still won KotH but...dying that much, I don't think it was a good trade off.

...I guess i'm still used to shotguns on Reach.

#3965 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

i hadnt experienced the ridiculous range on planted nades until last night. jesus those things are ridiculous. I heard the beep rolled behind around the corner and still got it. also. changing the nade spawn on mercy is fucking terrible.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3966 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Looking to get the 5 player achievements done tonight for the DLC pack so if anyone is interested let me know. Probably will play around 9pm EST.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#3967 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

i hadnt experienced the ridiculous range on planted nades until last night. jesus those things are ridiculous. I heard the beep rolled behind around the corner and still got it. also. changing the nade spawn on mercy is fucking terrible.

yeah, on Gridlock, the enclosed archway that separates the 2 bases (sorta of) I saw the planted nade in the hallway, I shot at it from behind the cover of a car...and I blew up. that's, ridiculous. apparently the planted nades are made of depleted uranium and our cog suits is aluminum foil.

#3968 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

It's frag grenades in general regardless of whether or not they are planted. The blast radius has been that ridiculous since launch yet no one seems to mention or notice it. Must be one of the many pleasures a P2P connection can bring to the table.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#3969 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

It's frag grenades in general regardless of whether or not they are planted. The blast radius has been that ridiculous since launch yet no one seems to mention or notice it. Must be one of the many pleasures a P2P connection can bring to the table.

i remember you posting about that. I think its easier to judge distance when theyre planted to see just how ridiculous getting killed by it was. But yeah those things are bullshit.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3970 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

this is the few instances where I miss spartan armor.

#3971 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

i remember you posting about that. I think its easier to judge distance when theyre planted to see just how ridiculous getting killed by it was. But yeah those things are bullshit.

Point taken. It only took one game on Checkout for me to notice it. The second round of the pub match my friend and I tested it real quick with staggering results.

For the initial test we planted one INSIDE of the middle shelf on its spawn (by Mulcher). A guy on the other team sees it, sits behind cover and Lancer's it from what should have been a safe distance. Smart guy. It pops, he doesn't move, we score a kill anyway.

...Stupid.

The second test we deliberately camp on opposites sides of electronics (again... Mulcher spawn). I'm on the right side and plant a 'nade on the floor as far to the right side wall as I can manage. We wait. A dude rolls in toward my far left away from that bitch and still gets it.

...Fucked up.

The third test was by far the worst though I thank the other team for it.

We're currently finishing up the match hunting down the last 4 - 5 surviving members of the opposing team. Frags spawn but everyone else is too busy fighting it out so a snake from the losing team picks them up. Since he wiffs the first throw we all realize we're screwed if we don't high tail it. We start scattering in different directions because we're currently between our spawn, pistol and electronics on the right hand side. Half of us roll toward him, the other toward spawn. All make it before the frag which would have touched down between us reaches the mark. I think you can guess what happens next.

He throws it.

We're now in mid-roll clearing what should have been the kill radius.

It explodes... INSTANTANEOUSLY... in midair without any outside assistance.

We. All. Die. Instantly.

...Ridiculous.

#3972 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

I was just finishing up my 40 gorgon kills for the execution in a private match and WOW does that gun have very limited range. It used to be beast, now if someone is like 15 feet away or more, you are pretty much shooting blanks. In close range it seems really good but from distance its garbage.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#3973 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

yeah...it's like the retro lancer at close range w/out the bayonet. I wish there was title updates that explained what was tweaked and not stealth tweaks. For executions, I just down the bot then finish them off with whatever wpn I'm trying to get the medal for...unless it's like a digger or one shot.

#3974 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Do executions count towards medals? For example, if I down an enemy with any weapon, then kill them with the gnasher execution, does that count towards the gnasher kills medal set?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3975 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't. The stats show you how many executions you've done per weapon...so if they're being tracked by weapon, it should definitely count.

EDIT: Event calendar updated: Double XP Nov 4th-Nov 14th

Edited by LinkinPrime, 04 November 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#3976 bs000

bs000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

When you down an enemy, you get 50 points. If you then kill the enemy yourself, you get 110 points. If you spot them instead, and then let your teammate kill them, you get 130 points. So killing them yourself gets you 160 points total, while letting someone take your kill gets you 180 points. Your mind=blown, right? No? Okay D:
[URL="http://raptr.com/bs000?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#3977 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Do executions count towards medals? For example, if I down an enemy with any weapon, then kill them with the gnasher execution, does that count towards the gnasher kills medal set?

Sadly no. I tested this in a private for one of my gold medal weapon requirements weeks ago. I didn't receive credit until I actually shot the bots dead with the weapon. Executions only counted as a general kill. Talk about giving us even less incentive to use them Epic. >_>

#3978 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

I think chainsaw counts towards lancer and execution.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#3979 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

it seems retro charging and lancer buzzsaw kills counts as both wpn and execution medals.

#3980 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Does anyone know how many levels the command center goes up to? I am almost at level 2, just wondering.

#3981 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

Mines still locked, so uhhh how do you unlock it?

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#3982 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

Best Co play movie I ever seen

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3983 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

For those asking about the command center. It unlocks after 360,000 points spent on Turrets (not sentries). Level 4 command center is only 40,000 points. The last level when unlocked is the hammer of dawn with took out about 10 locust in one shot but winds up costing 7-8k total (forget the exact amount) per use. I would like try it on a boss level and see how it works against a brumak or a Berzerker

#3984 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

For those asking about the command center. It unlocks after 360,000 points spent on Turrets (not sentries). Level 4 command center is only 40,000 points. The last level when unlocked is the hammer of dawn with took out about 10 locust in one shot but winds up costing 7-8k total (forget the exact amount) per use. I would like try it on a boss level and see how it works against a brumak or a Berzerker

I used it a few times on boss waves tonight, it still just takes out smaller guys. I never tried with only a brumak/berzerker, but when they where on the map with all types of other enemies.

#3985 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

I used it a few times on boss waves tonight, it still just takes out smaller guys. I never tried with only a brumak/berzerker, but when they where on the map with all types of other enemies.

Doesn't seem to be worth the money than. I did take out grinders, maulers, and flame grenadiers but for 1000 to start, 1500, 2000 and than 3000 to upgrade to level 4 I was hoping it would do more damage. I would think an upgraded turret and a silverback is money better spent. Maybe to set up for an emergency if you are the last alive and need use it to buy some time in a wave but even than someone could buy back in for less.

#3986 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

you figure it's incentive to setup more bases, spend money on other things, add more replay to Horde, entice ppl who didn't get the DLC to get the DLC so they can experience it as well as get the achievements. etc...extra options are nice and if you're making boat loads of cash and have little to spend on because you don't need the fortification upgrades...why not. In fact saving and spending it on the command outpost might be more challenging because you have to save up.

#3987 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't. The stats show you how many executions you've done per weapon...so if they're being tracked by weapon, it should definitely count.

EDIT: Event calendar updated: Double XP Nov 4th-Nov 14th

Is that versus only?

524190.png

#3988 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Is that versus only?

Gears of War 3 Double XP!
We are starting an XP event today at 6:00 PM EST that will run through November 14th at 9:00 AM EST. You’ll get DOUBLE XP in all gametypes, so now is the time to rank up and get those unlocks!

looks like, it's everything...but I guess it's for online games, but who knows.

#3989 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Not until 6pm ET? thats a little late. LOL. Im at 91, ill get to 100 in no time!

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#3990 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Doesn't seem to be worth the money than. I did take out grinders, maulers, and flame grenadiers but for 1000 to start, 1500, 2000 and than 3000 to upgrade to level 4 I was hoping it would do more damage. I would think an upgraded turret and a silverback is money better spent. Maybe to set up for an emergency if you are the last alive and need use it to buy some time in a wave but even than someone could buy back in for less.

in my game last night it became knowns as "The Panic Button"