Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#3991 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

I have yet to play any new Horde maps...fucking Epic and their private match BS.

#3992 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

played 1-50 on blood drive. it's fairly easy to play thru when someone (good) gets a silverback, and the rest just support that player. mostly with flamethrowers for berserker boss fights. the rest is pretty smooth sailing.

#3993 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

I just played horde, blood drive on casual with me and AFK 2nd controller. Though i used mutators too, got to wave 50 and died, so i quit. Forgot i had instant melee, oh well. Thats 49 Point man ribbons! :D I think im 45 waves away from a gold medal too.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#3994 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

Well seems Epic sunk to a new low, that Map Pack that was just released, turns out it was on the game disc :roll:

http://kotaku.com/58...ady-on-the-disc
Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#3995 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

Well seems Epic sunk to a new low, that Map Pack that was just released, turns out it was on the game disc :roll:

http://kotaku.com/58...ady-on-the-disc

I'm pretty sure this was known before the game released or around its launch.

I just can't believe they gave or are giving a map pack away after pushing their bullshit pass.

fs_overall.png

#3996 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

oddly enough I got credit for 2 warsupporter ribbons today...not sure why but I'm not complaining. Makes up for not getting one for the ticker event that wasn't an event.

#3997 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

Can anyone explain what counts towards silverback leveling? I know I put 75+ into one during a match of horde and I didnt more than 20-25 in credit. Some money was given to me by a teamate and some of damage I repaired was when the team mate drove the Silverback

#3998 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

oddly enough I got credit for 2 warsupporter ribbons today...not sure why but I'm not complaining.

The war supporter medal is glitched. I already onyxed that medal :D

#3999 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:23 AM

Yeah working on mine now :) 20 down, 15 to go

#4000 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

How are you doing it?

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#4001 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

How are you doing it?

I second this. I'd like to get that achievement done as quickly as possible. If you guys know what's really good then please spread the wealth.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4002 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

I am not sure what is triggering it. 2 of us on one console are getting it. Play match, wait for medals to show, back out to stats menu, look at medal page, rejoin new match., Rinse and repeat. However this is not working for another person on a 2nd console playing by himself so it might be a YMMV

#4003 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

How are you doing it?

You NEED the DLC for the glitch to work.
Here's what I did:
• Local Party
• Warzone with 1 round & 1 bot & 1 min
• Select Azura (it's a DLC map)
• After each match you get credit toward War Supporter. No need to back out to the main menu, just keep playing.

ENJOY :D

#4004 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

Waaaaaaccccckkkkk. Thanks anyway.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4005 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

1,000 waves of Horde later, gold medal, and big head mutator unlocked. Now to get to onyx medal i need to play 1,000 MORE waves of horde. O_O

Im only 3 horde challenges away from onyx

Yeah i pretty much guessed the DLC was on disc when the download was so small.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#4006 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

Waaaaaaccccckkkkk. Thanks anyway.

Lol, what did you expect? There's no "legit" way to get it without playing in Epic events.

Digger/Boltok mode is pretty awesome. I like how they keep doing these types of events to help me get better at each weapon and unlock executions for them.

#4007 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

That trick didnt work for me. I followed your advice, idk if you meant local party as in more than 1 controller, or just local MP. Oh well i will get it the legit way.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#4008 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

That trick didnt work for me. I followed your advice, idk if you meant local party as in more than 1 controller, or just local MP. Oh well i will get it the legit way.

I changed my party type to "local" (press the back button at the main menu).
People are talking about it on the Epic forums. You can try to go there for more help.

#4009 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

Digger event is weird... Need to spawn with more ammo.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4010 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

Yeah i just played some more, its like you have to avoid title waves of diggers at the beginning, its insane!

Im not going to try to boost the epic event medal, not worth risking a ban over. Im just gunna get that XP, and make it to 100 before this double XP runs out!

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#4011 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

Digger event is weird... Need to spawn with more ammo.

Yup, wish they would have at the least given you 6 ammo.

#4012 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

I guess I unintentionally glitched the War Supporter, I went fro 4 to 27 after playing a bunch of private warzone matches today.

#4013 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

So double XP is in effect? I went 10-2 and only got 4900 points. Most of my games before double XP i would get at least 3000.

Not really digging the digger event, too many times ill roll away and be 6+ feet away and still end up blowing to bits. Its just not fun either, its like all you do is try to evade all the digger paths coming in.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#4014 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Alpha playlist is glitched as well. All matches are giving war supporter credit.

Double XP is in effect till Nov 14th.

Current XP ratios (as of 10th October 2011)
(2x XP ratios in BOLD)

• TDM (Quick): 0.825 | (1.65)
  • TDM (Ranked): 1.675 | (3.35)
  • Warzone (Quick): 1.273 | (2.546)
  • Warzone (Ranked): 1.53 | (3.06)
  • Execution (Quick): 1.275 | (2.55)
  • Execution (Ranked): 1.53 | (3.06)
  • CTL (Quick): ~0.662 | (1.342)
  • CTL (Ranked): 0.795 | (1.59)
  • KoTH (Quick): 0.375 | (.75)
  • KoTH (Ranked): 0.45 | (.90)
  • Wingman (Quick): 1.15 | (2.30)
  • Wingman (Ranked): 1.38 | (2.76)

Retail XP ratios (20th September 2011)
  • TDM (Quick): 1.675
  • TDM (Ranked): 2.01
  • Warzone (Quick): 1.675
  • Warzone (Ranked): 2.01
  • Execution (Quick): 1.675
  • Execution (Ranked): 2.01
  • CTL (Quick): 1.00
  • CTL (Ranked): 1.2
  • KoTH (Quick): 0.7625
  • KoTH (Ranked): 0.9148
  • Wingman (Quick): 1.575
  • Wingman (Ranked): 1.89

Source: http://forums.epicga...pdated-11-2-11)

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4015 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Damn i need to start playing ranked TDM, i just got to level 94 tonight. Shouldnt be too much longer till i hit 100. The XP started racking up more once i hit the 1,000 match bonus. But man Diggers are so annoying. Its like i evade and im 6 feet or more away and i die. Then i shoot it at someone and it just passes them up even though they are RIGHT THERE! IDK man, i think the best word to describe Gears MP is "inconsistent" for real. I also had matches tonight where guys where walking through my active gnasher shots. Its so random and annoying sometimes.

Crazy, i seen a guy using the medal you get when you have 30 onyx medals. Seriously bro? I still have only 10.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#4016 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Not really digging the digger event, too many times ill roll away and be 6+ feet away and still end up blowing to bits. Its just not fun either, its like all you do is try to evade all the digger paths coming in.

I am actually loving the event. During this event, I actually got better at using it. The key with the digger is predicting which direction they will roll when hearing it and shooting there. On a level like Gridlock, I tore it up (not host) and got my first MVP award; I am just average so a big deal for me. Can't wait to see what next event holds...

As for people complaining about loadout, I think the amount you start with is fine, especially since you still have the gnasher and the boltok. It's not like you can't pick up more from the weapon spawns or from killing someone.

#4017 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

I got the onyx war supporter medal the other night, i was gonna post about it but it was like 3am when i stopped playing, i played thru the night to get the medal and was just too tired afterwards and crashed instantly. dunno if thats still going on

#4018 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I played a few matches last night (TDM) and I'm still only at 6. Is the Digger event the only one giving them out?

#4019 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

I played a few matches last night (TDM) and I'm still only at 6. Is the Digger event the only one giving them out?

No all game types including local private matches are working but the catch I noticed while doing side to side console comparisons is the need to be the DLC and that dlc has to be on the original xbox 360 that it was downloaded on to work. I tried moving my GT to another 360 and redownloading the dlc and it was no go but I was able to get 4 different gamer tags to work on the 1st condole including 1 silver account.

#4020 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

Yeah i ended up unlocking the war supporter achievement today. But i read on twitter that an epic guy said you wont be reset, they know its messed up, and they are trying to fix it. So now that i got that medal, there is nothing stopping me from getting 3.0. :D

PeteNub Peter Knepley
@GearsViking @ijinjo no we won't be resetting people, it's unfortunate but at least it's giving extra instead of not counting :)

PeteNub Peter Knepley
@GearsViking @gearsjunkie I don't believe we have a workaround yet. @EpicCog and CrazyHomer are on the case

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png