Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#4021 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

I played a few matches last night (TDM) and I'm still only at 6. Is the Digger event the only one giving them out?

Alpha playlist was giving credit for each match and local match with guest login as well.

I was playing ranked TDM and saw a few people with the "I made this!" tag (He also had a ghostly retro lancer) and Epic logos as their icon/avatar. I even saw someone with the "Extremely Serious" tag (Extremely Serious 3.0 achievement), I'm guessing he either boosted or hacked it.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4022 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

EDIT:Only got one Onyx medal, not two, but it was still random, the war supporter one. Here's to getting banned for something I didn't do.

fs_overall.png

#4023 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

For whatever reason my game is not glitching for the War Supporter medal like everyone else's seems to. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I'll get it eventually anyway.

I also agree with lordpus, I'm loving this digger event. So fun to use the boltok.

#4024 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I really wish they would make an Alpha Guardian playlist, even if we only use some of the Gears 1-2 map remakes. I know some Gears 3 maps wouldnt work well. But i would play the shit out of it even if we only have 4-6 maps.

I played some CTL today and its just not happening. When i get to the leader i want to end them, not hold them for 30 seconds leaving me super vulnerable for anyone who comes by to free them. The game is just annoying, and is the reason why i never played submission in gears 2. Whats worse is how you can get downed, freed, then downed instantly without even having a shot to run.

I tried to play some Wingman today and it was garbage because everyone uses sawed off. You know how stupid the game looks when shitty players use a sawed off and they both miss each other and they sit there reloading. Then their was 1 vs 2 left and the 1 guy just kept running in circles around the map and these goons couldnt get him. He was literally running around the map with a smoke in his hand and they took like 5 minutes to catch him.

Finally got my female onyx medal, now i can be a man for once. LOL. That brings me up to 13/65 onyx medals. Im in love with playing as the kantus, i didnt think he was that cool, but he is fun to play as. As for COG, i use Big Rig Dizzy.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#4025 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

If they tweak the shotgun and the spawns in Alpha I could see myself playing this game for a really long time. Everything I hate about Gears 3 is just about eliminated. 4v4 and default load out give this enough of a Gears 1 feel to make me very very happy. It's pretty lame that only one mode in the game is any good, but it feels enough like 1 that I can deal with it.

Posted Image

#4026 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

This Digger event is pretty ass. I wish it were pistols instead to be honest. On P2P the host team eats them for free and on server connections it only proves how much of a crutch the Sawed-off Shotgun is for a large majority of the casual community. They can't even go neutral without it. Thank God for Alpha. It's pretty damn telling when I end a game 24 - 8 and every member of the opposing team is negative, but we still lose because the rest of my team manages to double their deaths somehow.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4027 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

The digger event is a lot of fun, esp on Sandbar. Lol I don't know how many I took out blind firing through the walls into the fortress. It's also quite fun trying to snip people with the pistol. Ahh halo moments flooding back lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4028 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

Finally go the Onyx medal for War Supporter, it was glitched last night for me so I just kept playing until I got it. :)

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4029 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

looks like they fixed it, i wonder how long it took for them and how many ppl onyx'd it.
http://forums.epicga...one-game-counts

Edited by 100xp, 06 November 2011 - 09:16 PM.
i googled it.

#4030 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

looks like they fixed it, i wonder how long it took for them and how many ppl onyx'd it.
http://forums.epicga...one-game-counts

looks like that post was made at launch.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#4031 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

^
I didn't check the link, but I bet it refers to the glitch where every game counted toward the War Supporter medal 1 day before release.

#4032 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

^
I didn't check the link, but I bet it refers to the glitch where every game counted toward the War Supporter medal 1 day before release.

it does.

Also. ill be on tonight around 8 pst to hopefully get the dlc achievements done. if anybody else wants to get them message me here or on live.

Posted Image

#4033 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

I created a gamertag for those of us who want to get in on games with the DLC whether it be Horde or Beast. I'll accept invites throughout the day.

CAGears3DLC

For those of you who don't know how this works, add CAGears3DLC as you friend, and whenever you are online, go to your friends list, select CAGears3DLC and view its friends list, here you will be able to see any and all CAGs who are online, playing Gears 3 and are interesting in getting the DLC achievements.

Edited by LinkinPrime, 07 November 2011 - 12:24 AM.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4034 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

FYI, the link has www.cheapassgamer.com pre-pended to it. Here it is again.

http://live.xbox.com...Tag=CAGears3DLC
Spoiler

#4035 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

Fixed...thanks.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4036 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

Today ive been warping around a little. Evade, split second later im in a different area. I wish there was some sort of thing i can look at to see if servers are up or not.

#4037 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Today ive been warping around a little. Evade, split second later im in a different area. I wish there was some sort of thing i can look at to see if servers are up or not.

I wonder if that'll be less of an issue when Modern Warfare 3 comes out? I assume if a lot of gamers go to playing that, as expected, it'll allow for more people to get into server games.

#4038 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

they need to fix the cover system

an enemy and I were both on the same cover, he blind fires his shotgun and kills me.

in another game this guy was in cover. me and my friend were standing on the other side. the guy starts shooting my friend, while he does this I unload like 10 gnasher shots into the guy standing 2 feet away. and kept getting nothing.
Posted Image

#4039 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

oddly enough I got more war supporter ticks off the medal for playing again last night...not sure as to what triggered it but I'm not complaining. so im guessing it's still not 100% fixed.

#4040 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

I forgot to press start on my private game before leaving for 2 days. what a waste of Seriously 3.0 progress.

#4041 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

I forgot to press start on my private game before leaving for 2 days. what a waste of Seriously 3.0 progress.

O_O

You know i always get confused with gears setup. Like when you are picking what gametype and stuff you press A to advance. But in the map/character select screen you press start to advance. I always end up trying to press start when im setting up a private match, then it brings up the options menu. LOL Not sure why they did that.

Today i just randomly thought about how they show a COG character on your stats screen. Why dont i have the option to see a locust character? LOL. Not really a big deal just thought how its always a COG.

I made it to level 99 tonight. Tomorrow should be the day i get my wings, hopefully. Its like 93,000 points to get from 99 to 100.

Edited by The 7th Number, 07 November 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#4042 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

I created a gamertag for those of us who want to get in on games with the DLC whether it be Horde or Beast. I'll accept invites throughout the day.

CAGears3DLC

For those of you who don't know how this works, add CAGears3DLC as you friend, and whenever you are online, go to your friends list, select CAGears3DLC and view its friends list, here you will be able to see any and all CAGs who are online, playing Gears 3 and are interesting in getting the DLC achievements.

Bumping this...hopefully we get more users.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#4043 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Today i was playing and someone was coming at me with a chainsaw and i blew him away with my gnasher and then i was chainsawed by the same guy.

Another match i downed someone with a melee and then was blown away by his gnasher.

Seriously i never liked this double kill BS since they added it to gears 2. -_-

Im only 11,371 xp away from getting my wings.... im going off to do that now. ^_^

#4044 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

Bumping this...hopefully we get more users.

sent request. im up for the dlc stuff anytime im on

Posted Image

#4045 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:55 AM

I got my wings today, and the gold omen skins are pretty cool. They look darker black than the default color, which i like. Now i kind of want to unlock an onyx skin to see how that looks. But the gold omen look nice and match well with the onyx guard.

If you didnt see, the events calendar changed, there is a "One shot, one kill" event coming. I forget the date, but sounds interesting. If one shot kills someone instantly, i wonder what gun they will make us use, and if it will be changed in anyway.

I also unlocked the command center achievement. Level 4 was pretty fast to get to. Im not sure how you unlock the extra onxy guard though. I was playing before and seen someone using it, but im already maxed out so.....idk.

#4046 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

...Start taking notes Epic. Seriously.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4047 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

I'm friends with CAGears3DLC. There's only 6 of us, so if anyone needs help the achievements, invite me anytime. I upgraded the Silverback to LV3 so you guys can get your rocket kills.

#4048 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

finally beat horde solo last night (casual w/infinite ammo). I'm glad I beat wave 50 w/some ppl another time because the last wave they trhew at me at corpsers and unfairapede spawning in my base. I gave up after 3 tries...but I unlocked the achievement and medal wave 49.

I'll put CAGears3DLC on my list if ppl need extra gunz to shoot at the bad mens.

@popular penguin - sweet deal on the silverback, thanks for the headsup.

#4049 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

I sent another request to the CAGears3DLC tag since apparently my first request was denied. I'm down for some DLC play probably after this week :)
Spoiler

#4050 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I didn't see it last time, It's accepted now.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png