Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5011 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

if only i could use a rapid fire controller to press LS over and over. LOL At least i can brows the internet while pressing it over and over.

I dont really get why he shows to turn on vampire and must reload, its not like making it harder gives you better ribbon xp, right?

How long did that take you King Broly?

in 20 minutes i got about 31,000 xp. Not bad considering a team death match can get ya maybe 3-4k in 8-10 minutes.

Edited by The 7th Number, 31 January 2012 - 08:23 PM.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5012 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

i have yet to unlock friendly fire...*sighs*

though I suppose I can do the 1st wave, buy a frag grenade plant 2 and possible nix myself into this.

#5013 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

i have yet to unlock friendly fire...*sighs*

though I suppose I can do the 1st wave, buy a frag grenade plant 2 and possible nix myself into this.

If you do the first wave then you cant do it over and over because wave 2 will start soon after. Better unlock friendly fire.

#5014 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

If you do the first wave then you cant do it over and over because wave 2 will start soon after. Better unlock friendly fire.

yeah i just realized that, due to the base timer. hopefully i'll get 4 coop done before EPIC patches this. I'm not that hard up for re upping but I'd at least like to get the unlocks for the level progression.

i'll be playing a lot of campaign tonight. i think I need 2 acts + a few chapters worth of 4 coop.

#5015 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

Too bad my MadCatz controller doesn't have an L3 function :/ I would totally leave this on overnight and get that second re-up achievement. Still a nice method though.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#5016 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Does any Turbo Controller have it?

What I did, for my TE at least, was leave a Wii Remote on top of the X-button (I do this for Idle boosting as well, but with the A button).

In my 66 minutes of trying it, I went up 4 levels and got 85,000 XP. It's a solid method, which is roughly 1,000 XP every 40 seconds or so.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5017 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

I was reading the thread over at x360a and people are using the Hori Pad EX 2 and the TurboFire. They both have a programmable turbo function and all you need to do is put something heavy on top of it to keep it pressed.

Definitely not going to buy another controller just for this though, lol. While it would come in handy for other idle boosting, my Fightpad works well enough. It can turbo function all buttons EXCEPT the LS/RS press :/

*EDIT* Amazon and Gamestop are both sold out of the Hori EX 2 haha. I wonder why? :P

Posted Image

#5018 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

i made a mistake of turning my tv to my pc, and pressing the LS for 20 minutes. Then i go back and 2nd player wasnt switching weapons and my ghost cam pointer was looking a little off. So i ended it and winded up with 2 ribbons LOL. Guess i should watch it more often. The first two times i went to my pc and came back and it was fine. oh well.

yeah not going to buy a controller just to boost. LOL. Taking the battery pack out works just as good. Just have to keep pressing in LS.

Im up to level 82 right now. Might boost some more tonight, but im close to onyxing my horde medal for waves, so i might do that first.

#5019 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, the positioning has to be just right or the gun some times flings off the screen and you're left not spotting anything. I only did it for about 5 minutes to test it out and got like 6000 EXP. It definitely is really fast but I get bored extremely easily. I also cherish my thumb, haha.

This method must have been around for a while by the looks of it. I'm guessing that's how most guys were re-upping so quickly. The big money method was a LOT faster and I actually sat there for 5 hours doing it. I can't see myself mashing my left stick for 5 hours though >_<

Posted Image

#5020 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

I could use the Hori EX 2 for Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2. The only achievement I need in it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5021 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

This method must have been around for a while by the looks of it. I'm guessing that's how most guys were re-upping so quickly. The big money method was a LOT faster and I actually sat there for 5 hours doing it. I can't see myself mashing my left stick for 5 hours though >_<

Actually i think its new, because in the last update they made it possible to hold the button and walk into weapons to pick them up. Instead of having to press it after you see the button show up. So by doing this, they have made an exploit to abusing the ribbon. I assume they will limit the ribbon to once a wave maybe, or do something to stop the abuse. Just hope i max my re-up before they do.

#5022 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

Ahhh, that is right! Before you had to actually get the X prompt before allowing you to pick up weapons, right? Totally forgot about that

Posted Image

#5023 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

damnit...I forgot about the mute button.

That's why I paused briefly after those guys joined. Went into the menu to mute him.

I need to finish about 8 or 9 scattered chapters in 4-player co-op to unlock friendly fire. I think I need all of Act 5, plus a couple random chapters in Acts 2 and 3.

#5024 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm going to have an aneurysm before I can get the 4 player coop acheesement. Only one fucking chapter I need to get it and ill have it. Fucking one minute before the end of the chapter, some fuckhead leaves leaving only 3 and ending it without counting. DIE. FUCKER. DIE.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#5025 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

got to level 85 today. Thats 5 levels in one day. I believe i got about 14,000 xp per 10 minutes doing the spotting trick. About 30,000 in 20 minutes. So thats really good. These last 15 levels are still going to take some time to get done. I need to get 72,500 to get to level 86, so thats like 50 minutes worth of spotting. Then it just gets longer after that. :/

#5026 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

That's why I paused briefly after those guys joined. Went into the menu to mute him.

I need to finish about 8 or 9 scattered chapters in 4-player co-op to unlock friendly fire. I think I need all of Act 5, plus a couple random chapters in Acts 2 and 3.

pretty much the same, I'm down for some campaign tonight if you're up for it as well. I managed to iron out some insane chapters last night a a few 4-player w/randoms. I think the new thing is ppl idle boosting arcade campaign on casual. They just load up an early chatper and sit there hoping randoms pop in a do the chapters for them.

#5027 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

100xp I should be on tonight hit me if you need spot filled for the 4co-op

awesomesauce. (i need that medal too)

#5028 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

I'm also game for more co-op tonight. After roughly 7:30 or 8:00 eastern.

#5029 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm going to have an aneurysm before I can get the 4 player coop acheesement. Only one fucking chapter I need to get it and ill have it. Fucking one minute before the end of the chapter, some fuckhead leaves leaving only 3 and ending it without counting. DIE. FUCKER. DIE.

maybe you should get in on the 3 player coop tonight making it 4...though I hope you stick around for at least 1 full Act. Which chapter did you need? Most of us need the earlier chapters and spot chapters here and there towards the end.

#5030 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

If you guys are really wanting to get the 4 player Co-Op done, you can always do what me and my friend did. We both just signed in a guest account each and did it that way.. We did it on Insane but it was pretty damn hard. We did all of the chapters on Insane except the last one. We ended up changing it to Casual cause the last boss is just crazy.

It's a lot easier IMO than trying to get four people together at a designated time/working with randoms. Whether you have the persistence for Insane with two null players, well, that's a different story lol. I raged quite a bit but we got it done.

Posted Image

#5031 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

honestly at this point, casual 4player coop is fine. I just want to get it done so I can get the achievement and the unlock. I have 3 controllers, I'd pefer my xbox not look like a power strip though.

#5032 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

maybe you should get in on the 3 player coop tonight making it 4...though I hope you stick around for at least 1 full Act. Which chapter did you need? Most of us need the earlier chapters and spot chapters here and there towards the end.

I need Threshold and Shattered something in Act 5, I don't mind staying the whole thing, no problemo.

Posted Image

#5033 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

I'm online now if anyone wants to work on co-op story, shoot me an invite or join my game, same username as here.

#5034 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

my vacuum handle didn't lock and hit my HDTV in the middle of the screen just a few minutes ago!!! YAY!!!!!!! Might not be able to play tonight :D YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#5035 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

sorry i wasn't online til much later, something unexpected popped up that I needed to take care of. glad I could hammer out a chapter with you guy(s) in the end.

i'll be on late tonight again. (around 11pm + most likely EST)

#5036 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I can probably do a lot of the earlier chapters with 3 controllers in a pinch on casual w/mutators no problem...but i'll never get past the underwater submarine chapter solo w/3 controllers. haha...i guess my rockband guitar is going to get some use again.

#5037 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

You can't play gears of war with 3 controllers can you? unless you have 2 xboxs and do a system link

#5038 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

You can't play gears of war with 3 controllers can you? unless you have 2 xboxs and do a system link

gears 3 only allows GT + 1 local?

#5039 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

hmm...

#5040 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yup. You can only do 2 players per console. You'd need another XBOX and another copy of Gears to get the full four players.

Posted Image