Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5641 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I got lucky and had not done this weekend's event before. (Stay Frosty) and now have the socialite achievement. wooho.

#5642 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

When does season pass 2 come out. Let's stop fucking around, EPIC.

#5643 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

They're done with the game. Pretty crappy support which is really sad as this has been my favorite in the series. The event calendar never gets updated, and the weekend events are just rehashes. They could have done a double XP event for the holiday weekend and instead we get the "limited" thrashball drone clone again. Sucks I wish they put more effort into supporting it.

Also the game seems to almost be unplayable now, the past 3 days in a row I've rage quit after 2-3 BS matches, most the time now its like I'm shooting blanks. The team that I normally play with are having the same issues too...one buddy of mine was so pissed that he snapped his disc in half :lol:.

I really really really hope I'm wrong. I want more maps, more skins (both characters & weapons).

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5644 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

They're done with it? It's barely been out 6 months. That sucks.

#5645 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

I really really really hope I'm wrong. I want more maps, more skins (both characters & weapons).

This. It's great that they released so much DLC so quickly, but it sucks if the game is now done being supported. I honestly don't think there will be another major map pack or campaign expansion, unless it's free, because they already shot their wad on achievements. (I know, achievements are evil, that's not what gaming is about, blah blah, but the fact is that achievements sell DLC.) If there was going to be a Season Pass Part 2, the game would be at 1500 now, not 2000. I could see more weapon skins and characters though.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5646 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

They arent done, cliffy b even said they were working on another story DLC chapter for someone who didnt get much time in gears 3. Aside from that i dont know. Both Day One and River were maps in a leaked list that havent been released yet. Though both those maps would suck balls for Guardian since the leader has to wait 5 seconds before they can move. Maybe they trashed them?

Honestly i wish they would just start making gears of war 4, or gears of war whatever. Gears 3 MP has been a big disappointment. They need to go back to what really made gears of war fun and different. Dark, Gritty, CQC style. Hopefully they have learned from Gears 3 garbage COD style and will go back to please their true fans. But honestly i dont expect another gears of war game until the new xbox comes out, unless that is more than 2 years away.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5647 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

Finally got Socialite.

As for Gears MP, they need to go back to Server Lists and Map Rotations. Those were really great fun CAG Gears Nights.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5648 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

They arent done, cliffy b even said they were working on another story DLC chapter for someone who didnt get much time in gears 3. Aside from that i dont know. Both Day One and River were maps in a leaked list that havent been released yet. Though both those maps would suck balls for Guardian since the leader has to wait 5 seconds before they can move. Maybe they trashed them?

Honestly i wish they would just start making gears of war 4, or gears of war whatever. Gears 3 MP has been a big disappointment. They need to go back to what really made gears of war fun and different. Dark, Gritty, CQC style. Hopefully they have learned from Gears 3 garbage COD style and will go back to please their true fans. But honestly i dont expect another gears of war game until the new xbox comes out, unless that is more than 2 years away.

I wouldn't mind having River for Gears 3 but to be honest I don't want to spend any more money on the map packs. Plus it seems to have enough maps altogether.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5649 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

They arent done, cliffy b even said they were working on another story DLC chapter for someone who didnt get much time in gears 3..

I hope its hoffman he is my favorite COG. I hope we get classic hoffman back his GOW 3 suit is shitty and has forced me to use classic marcus for the time being

#5650 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

I wouldn't mind having River for Gears 3 but to be honest I don't want to spend any more money on the map packs. Plus it seems to have enough maps altogether.

River had to have been the most played map in GOW 2 -- I'm surprised it never came to a DLC.

#5651 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Id love to see Ruins in Gears 3. Lots of cover to counter the OP rifles, but at the same time it would be a dream map for SOS users. But i really liked that map. Also Security would be nice to get back. Put the digger in where scorcher used to be and you have a way to get people who camp in the mulcher area.

#5652 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I hated ruins. Especially if you had dumb teams mates rush middle and get downed or killed by torque as soon as the game started.

What was that map with the mortar all the way on the right/left it was a snow map pack that was a good map too.

#5653 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

I want Canals and Mansion.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5654 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Dark mansion was awesome they'll probably throw lava in the middle of the map or some shit

#5655 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

I hated ruins. Especially if you had dumb teams mates rush middle and get downed or killed by torque as soon as the game started.

What was that map with the mortar all the way on the right/left it was a snow map pack that was a good map too.

I think you mean grind yard. That was a good map. In fact a lot of Gears 2 maps were really good. Only ones i really hated were Day one and maybe stasis. The maps in all fathers pack were really nice too. I wouldnt mind seeing a lot of gears 2 maps brought back. Then again gears 3 is a different game than gears 2, so some of the more open maps might be annoying.

#5656 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

I don't think I hate any map in any GOW game. D=

I've also come to terms I will never get seriously 3.0. I will just be happy with 1900/2000

#5657 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

bring back Courtyard, Underhill, and another vote for Canals!

oh, just bring them all back.
increase achievement limit to 2,250 - 2,500 and be done with it.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5658 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Stay frosty is pretty fun. Its like torque bow tag with hammerburst

#5659 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

bring back Courtyard, Underhill, and another vote for Canals!

oh, just bring them all back.
increase achievement limit to 2,250 - 2,500 and be done with it.

Bring back more gears 2 maps and take out all the launch maps from gears 3 from rotation on dedicated servers. well except for gridlock. The only other map i like is hotel, and mercy is somewhat okay. But honestly i dont like many of the launch maps. Most of them are too open, cover that only goes up to your hip, hardly no CQC areas, and rifle friendly.

Then again some maps might not work well in gears 3. Take underhill for example, whoever got up to the mortar in the street would win because rifles would take out anyone who tried to rush up there easy as hell. Unless they put the mortar or maybe digger where sniper/torque was. There are probably a lot of maps that could be spawn trapped just because gears 3 rifles have stopping power and can down you very quick. Nowhere would probably be easy to spawn trap, even from atop the buildings roof. Courtyard, and maybe memorial. All good maps, but gears 3 would probably be bad.

I made it to 1,324 wingman matches, almost halfway there. once i onyx that ill only have heavy weapons, skunker, and last man out. :bouncy:

#5660 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'll take River, personally. My favorite map in Gears 2.

I'd also take a complete overhaul of the Medals system and the requirements to get them. It's seriously not fun. And the reason I stopped playing beyond trying to get Socialite, which I now have.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5661 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

cANALS. just cANALS

#5662 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Nowhere would probably be easy to spawn trap, even from atop the buildings roof. Courtyard, and maybe [M]emorial.

Good memory, those were also the maps I was thinking of; plus Fuel Station.

I think it also depends on the Game Type/Mode we're playing though.

I hope Epic works on Pendulum Wars soon. I promise to buy the next 3 installments!
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5663 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

I think if they go back into the past, they should still keep the retro lancer but they need to change it up. It should be like a bolt action rifle that has single shots like a boltock with active maybe. Something that takes a bit of skill, instead of spray and pray that you can do with the current version. Maybe even have it able to pop heads if the player is damaged enough. Like boltock but more than 2 shots, maybe 3 shots. But still have regular lancer as the new and improved gun in that time line. Also bring back gears of war 1 hammerburst that wasnt a constant spread. Now that i think of that, i really miss gears of war 2 gorgon pistol. That thing was a beast in gears 2, now its garbage.

#5664 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

So much hate for the retro. It does take skill, and no one is immune to it if they know what to do. Every time I play a ranked match and our team beats the opposite team they always blame the fact that we all use retros. But when we lose, no one says anything but the typical "your garbage".

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5665 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

keep in mind, anything pre E-day [Locust] automatically translates into no Locust weapons; i.e. no hammerburst, gorgon pistol; or my favorite heavy weapon, Boomshot!

it gets weird when game sequels cover earlier time periods, weapons need to continue to evolve to satify buying customers, but canon says otherwise.

#5666 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

but canon says otherwise.

"Hey Marcus, ever think it's kinda weird that there was like a three year period where we never saw any retro lancers lying around, no one ever used one, and they were never mentioned? But now they're everywhere again?"

"Yeah Dom, it is weird. Almost like someone retconned our lives. ... Now come back to bed."

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5667 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

"Hey Marcus, ever think it's kinda weird that there was like a three year period where we never saw any retro lancers lying around, no one ever used one, and they were never mentioned? But now they're everywhere again?"

"Yeah Dom, it is weird. Almost like someone retconned our lives. ... Now come back to bed."

Retros are the M-16's of our world?

#5668 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

weapon devo could be interesting though. I suppose it depends on which era of the Pendulum Wars would be used as the game. 26 RTI with Adam Fenix and Helena Stroud? That's not too far before E-Day so it'd be mostly the same weapons. Go back to the beginning roughly 100 years before E-Day and you'd have pre-retro retro lancers, no mention of the Hammer of Dawn, Gnashers would be pre-modified, weaker longshots, etc...

It'd be a completely different game too and would almost make more sense as a hybrid RTS where you control large sections of combat and can zoom in to one squad to battle in the 3rd person action game.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#5669 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

edit: wrong thread

Edited by bhk, 30 May 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#5670 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!