Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

:whee:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5673 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

First of all WOW, didnt expect a new gears of war game on the xbox 360 at all. Wonder how far the game is off from being released, probably wont come out until Q4 of 2013?

Anyway the biggest thing on my mind is, if this game does have MP, i hope to God that its like Gears 1 or 2. No retro, mantle kick, ink stun, sawed off, power rifles, and hell no to wide open maps. This is a good opportunity to bring back true gears of war mp, and no this COD/Gears MP we know as gears 3.

Either way though, i love gears, so even if its just a single player campaign i would buy it. My guess is its a campaign with adam fenix and queen myrrah before the events of gears 1.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#5674 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hrm who the Fuck is that? He's arrested by the onyx guard it looks like prescott but hes dead. Another book character?

Reading the comments they say its probably marcus arrested so therefore a prequel

#5675 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

First of all WOW, didnt expect a new gears of war game on the xbox 360 at all. Wonder how far the game is off from being released, probably wont come out until Q4 of 2013?

Anyway the biggest thing on my mind is, if this game does have MP, i hope to God that its like Gears 1 or 2. No retro, mantle kick, ink stun, sawed off, power rifles, and hell no to wide open maps. This is a good opportunity to bring back true gears of war mp, and no this COD/Gears MP we know as gears 3.

Either way though, i love gears, so even if its just a single player campaign i would buy it. My guess is its a campaign with adam fenix and queen myrrah before the events of gears 1.

I think this is the Halo 3: ODST of the Gears universe, with a campaign built quickly on the existing Gears 3 engine, and the multiplayer will probably just be the same as the Gears 3 multi with some new maps based on the new campaign. That is my guess!

Hrm who the Fuck is that? He's arrested by the onyx guard it looks like prescott but hes dead. Another book character?

Could be Marcus, and this is a prequel. "Gears of War: Emergence." Can't take place after Gears 3 since you can see Reavers flying around in the background.

#5676 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

We get to see young(er) hoffman? =D

#5677 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Please don't be a Kinect spin-off!
Please keep the Retro Lancer!

:pray:

#5678 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think this is the Halo 3: ODST of the Gears universe, with a campaign built quickly on the existing Gears 3 engine, and the multiplayer will probably just be the same as the Gears 3 multi with some new maps based on the new campaign. That is my guess!

That would make a lot of sense. You play as a random character as you watch marcus get arrested and in the end you probably get the death penalty for helping marcus and marcus goes to jail :bouncy:

#5679 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Please don't be a Kinect spin-off!
Please keep the Retro Lancer!

:pray:

Gears of War: Exile was the Kinect spinoff and that got cancelled stone dead. Not to say that this won't have any Kinect functionality, but it won't be Gears: The Journey.

#5680 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Marcus : Cover wall
marcus : Reload -- stop.

#5681 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hope you're right! At least the image has the same at style as the Gears we all know and love. Guess I was right when I assumed they were done supporting 3 :/

#5682 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm just interested what new locust will they show or what new weapons will they use

#5683 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

This pretty much has to be a non-Epic developed prequel/spin-off. I guess we will see Monday.

#5684 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well i will at least say this. If they attempt to make seriously 4.0 any harder than 3.0 they can suck a bag of dicks. Also, the season pass was a bs proposition.
Posted Image

#5685 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

The Halo ODST idea sounds reasonable. It will probably be that, new campaign that happened before gears 1 with same MP but with a few new maps, characters to use.

Id really love to see this new game have a theater mode to upload videos to youtube. That would be a wonderful addition if this game is an ODST type game.

Making a new game, instead of it being DLC = more achievements. Since i dont think they can do more than 2000 GS which gears 3 has reached.

Edited by The 7th Number, 31 May 2012 - 07:10 PM.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

2014 - Year of the Video Games - Currently Playing: Shadow of the Colossus HD - Playstation 3

#5686 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

The Halo ODST idea sounds reasonable. It will probably be that, new campaign that happened before gears 1 with same MP but with a few new maps, characters to use.

Id really love to see this new game have a theater mode to upload videos to youtube. That would be a wonderful addition if this game is an ODST type game.

Making a new game, instead of it being DLC = more achievements. Since i dont think they can do more than 2000 GS which gears 3 has reached.

I don't know...Rod Furgusson tweeted this earlier:

"BTW with the announce of the new Gears game, I can confirm that there's no more DLC for Gears 3."

Wouldn't new maps/characters still be considered DLC? Sounds to me like they're developing a new multiplayer component as well.

630736.png

#5687 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't know...Rod Furgusson tweeted this earlier:

"BTW with the announce of the new Gears game, I can confirm that there's no more DLC for Gears 3."

Wouldn't new maps/characters still be considered DLC? Sounds to me like they're developing a new multiplayer component as well.

damn that sucks

#5688 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Nah, i think this game is just a way to get around a few things.

If they make this game like ODST they essentially turn DLC into a new game. Which would allow them to give us a new 1,000 achievement score. If they made more DLC they cant add anymore achievements because they hit the limit.

Another thing is they pack in all the DLC MP maps from Gears 3 on the new disc and bam, everyone who buys this game can play on dedicated servers. That would help them sort out their playlists hopefully.

Add new medals, mutators, ribbons.

Also if they made gears 3.5 MP on a new disc, maybe they could fix a few things in the game that they couldnt fix in gears 3. Like fixing guardian, maybe bringing submission back, or other small gameplay adjustments.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#5689 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

What's wrong with guardian?

#5690 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

What's wrong with guardian?

They had to make it based off CTL. For one you cant move at the start. It would be nice to be able to move from the beginning, even if the warning message still pops up saying you are leader. The inability to move for 5+ seconds is a disadvantage.

Also if you die before your leader dies, and your timer to respawn doesnt show up before your leader dies, you dont get a respawn. In Gears 2 if you died before the leader you would get a respawn even if your timer didnt show up.

Another thing is in Gears 2 guardian you couldnt see everyone with the tac com as the leader. Not sure if taking that away would be good though, since rifles are so powerful in this game, and maps werent really planned for this gametype. Id say keep it the way it is.

But those are a few things they could improve on the game. I dont believe they could fix the first two things i talked about because Gears 3 guardian is just a variant of CTL.

Also dont forget about the Beast vs Horde mode that was mentioned a while back. One team is beasts vs a team of cog. That will probably be on this new disc.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#5691 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I don't mind the 5 second wait as leader you have the ability to see everyone on the field which is cool. I like this version of guardian more than 2. I'm surprised a lot of modes from part 2 didn't make it to 3

#5692 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

KOTH should have been Annex
Capture the Leader should have been Guaridan

Similar Modes but twisted for that Gears flavor.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5693 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I don't mind the 5 second wait as leader you have the ability to see everyone on the field which is cool. I like this version of guardian more than 2. I'm surprised a lot of modes from part 2 didn't make it to 3

The problem with the wait is that on some maps its really terrible. If they bring back river, security, day one, those maps would be horrible for guardian because by the time you can move, and try to run to your safe area, there will be people right by you trying to kill you before you can get to that safe area.

In Jacinto, you can run through mortar and up their nade stairway and get there just as the leader is trying to plant nades. if there isnt anyone stopping you from rushing, its easy to kill the leader in less than 20 seconds. If there was no waiting time you would be able to plant those nades before anyone can get over there.

I mean the wait doesnt kill the game mode, but i think it would be better to not have to wait at the start.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#5694 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hmm, yeah. That does make it sound like it won't share MP with Gears 3. It would suck to split up the player base so fast. Unless this new game isn't coming until well into 2013 or something.

#5695 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hmm, yeah. That does make it sound like it won't share MP with Gears 3. It would suck to split up the player base so fast. Unless this new game isn't coming until well into 2013 or something.

Yeah, I don't know how they would handle that, especially since many believe the next Xbox is releasing holiday 2013 and I know how excited Epic Games is to unleash it's Unreal Engine 4. You would think they would be focusing on a possible launch game for the next Xbox, but who knows. I guess we'll find out sometime between now and Monday during Microsoft's E3 conference.

630736.png

#5696 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Any ideas who the guy is in the photo? I never read any books or comics, but there are hints.

- He looks like he has short hair, with a part on the right (left side of his head)
- 2 blue straps over his shoulders
- Gloves on
- The blue glowing lights look to be coming from the handcuffs.
- a belt like strap on each leg, around thigh area, above knee pads

I kind of think it might be prescott, but it could be someone we havent seen yet in the video game world. But could be someone shown in comics?

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#5697 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

ODST was a rare situation where Bungie had wanted to make a DLC side story, and Microsoft wanted more Halo games to sell to consumers. You have to remember that for a long time Halo 3 had huge hype and was a big part of Microsoft's Live sales. Microsoft forced ODST as a $60 stand alone game, instead of a $20 DLC. To compensate for what they believed to be an over-inflated price, Bungie worked out that all of the DLC would be included extra on a separate disc. Still Halo 3's multiplayer, to not divide the community, but all of the multiplayer maps as an added value to ODST's price. Gears of War isn't that series, though.

This is just a quick cash grab while the resources are available. It's smart. The next generation of consoles is impending, and with the hype building for the Wii U, it's clear both Microsoft and Sony will have to consider when to launch their next systems, especially if their current systems will be limiting development of 3rd party games, possibly costing them support from certain game studios then.

Gears of War 3 sold well, but Epic's abandoned support of the game, they've released all of its DLC, and thus have hit the peak of their money grab for that game. Releasing a new game in the series, that probably runs off of the Gears of War 3 engine, and is just slightly modified, would be a new sale for them to profit from. I would not be surprised if this was sparked by the sale of RAAM's Shadow, where a 'classic' styled campaign DLC probably sold very well, and the critical reaction of the Lambent perhaps interested Epic in attempting to appease fans of the series who want more, but also really just get more money quickly from a game engine that is already setup, even if People Can Fly are possibly handling this.

Clearly next generation will require understanding the new system(s), building resources, and testing launch titles. Throwing out a quick prequel for this current generation console that runs off of the last games engine gets them easy money, and also is easy to develop. Plus, Gears of War 3 isn't even a year old, so announcing this is keeps Gears of War relevant, though also dooms the interest in Gears of War 3 (but, as noted, the maximum profit from that game has peaked, so losing it was probably a worthy sacrifice in Epic's mind).

This isn't good news or bad news, just more proof that I was right that they've already abandoned Gears of War 3, not even a year after it's release. Epic has changed...

Also, noting this, I laughed when people mentioned the idea of dedicated servers existing in Gears of War 3 when this new title in the series releases. From all we've seen with Gears of War 3 support so far, I'd greatly expect for the dedicated servers support to diminish by the year anniversary of Gears of War 3, with Epic probably claiming that resources and spending on servers are needed elsewhere for future titles and next generation development.

#5698 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Any ideas who the guy is in the photo? I never read any books or comics, but there are hints.

AKA pendulum wars It'll probably be a prequel to part 1 when Marcus was sent to jail -- You can see reavers in the background

#5699 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Well THIS is interesting....

@GearsViking I hope this means the new gears is an add on to Gears 3. Id play GOW3 forever as long as there are new maps once in a while.

Rod Fergusson ‏@GearsViking

@Jtfawver no, whole new game.

This is kind of confusing to me. I guess it shouldnt. COD makes a new campaign+MP every year. So if the new gears game comes out 2 years after Gears 3 that makes sense. But to me it seems more logical to build onto Gears 3 MP. Unless they are just unhappy with the direction they went with the game? If its a totally new MP i really do hope they go back to Gears 1-2 style.

8llo.pngthe7thnumber.png

#5700 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

Will we see A,B,C,D Carmine in this game?