Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5731 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

There's a yellow Gnasher skin now too ("The Judge" and "The Jury"). They're both pretty awesome looking.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5732 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

The executioner red omen shotgun would be gatlyke

#5733 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Guardian without that 5 second wait is pretty badass

#5734 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Guardian without that 5 second wait is pretty badass

they removed it? I havent played in weeks since im boosting AFK the last few medals i need.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5735 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Just got my 61st and 62nd onyx medals. Wingman and Allfathers. Only need 3 more, Hard Target, Heavy Weapons, and Skunker.

Any tips on skunker/hard target so i can boost them AFK? I know a few tips on how to get these with 1-2 controllers, but really looking for AFK options.

#5736 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

God I'm at 27 freakin' ribbons. If I don't get this one I'm gonna be pissed. The way they've handled this game has made me hate Epic, and I will never support their crap again (other than buying the base game if it's decent; maybe used).

I'm at 32 events, and there won't be enough unique events to loop around a second time to double-up on the war supporter onyx. at least for now...

slow & steady as she goes.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5737 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

they removed it? I havent played in weeks since im boosting AFK the last few medals i need.

Yeah for now it started when they added assassination which is guardian with snipers and boltoks

#5738 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

Yeah for now it started when they added assassination which is guardian with snipers and boltoks

Played a game of assassination and it was pretty cool. Wonder if they removed that in regular guardian?

#5739 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Played a game of assassination and it was pretty cool. Wonder if they removed that in regular guardian?

They did.

#5740 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

There's a yellow Gnasher skin now too ("The Judge" and "The Jury"). They're both pretty awesome looking.

The Jury looks too much like the gold one you get when you first reach level 100. The Judge is pretty sweet looking though. Just hate that they don't spread the love to all the other weapons.

#5741 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

Got Hard Target onyx today. Only need 2000 ish heavy weapon kills and around 1,000 skunkers. Man that skunkers is gunna take a while since i really dont want to manually do them. :(

#5742 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Today i decided to try execution, 1 min, 2 rounds, insane to try and get some quick skunker ribbons. I figured its fast enough, and if my team only kills one or two and the round ends and we have more people still alive its an instant win. Did 5 hours of that idle and only got 8 more than i had before. LOL. Looks like im going to have to manually get them. :(

#5743 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Not to be racist but maybe because I just watched rise of the planet of the apes but I swear it was a monkey holding a gnasher

#5744 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

wanted to try out the gnasher guardian gametype and its fun, ive been playing it the last two days. When i should be playing my PS3 because i have about 20 days left of PS+ and have a few games to get through before they are locked. I cant help it though, once i taste gears of war, i get hooked. LOL

I really hope they fix sponging in Judgment, its really annoying in Gears 3. I know at least twice today guys were taking cover on a wall and i point blanked them and they dont die. One guy i shot twice and nothing. I also wish they would take out that client side hit detection BS. I know its supposed to help people with slower connections, and i have an internet service that is slower than 90% of the USA, but i hate it. I hate kill trading, and i hate getting updated. It was fine in Gears 2 before they put it in with Update 6.

#5745 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hey Guys, I need some people to help me finish the 4 players required DLC Achievements. I will be on pretty much all night and all day tomorrow. If you guys will help me I can help you with whatever achievements you need help with to. My gamer tag is my cag name.

#5746 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

i have a couple questions....

- Someone said ranked is on servers and quick match is not, and he said this in the weekend event, gnashers guardian (Need DLC to play). Now he might not know what he is talking about, so is this true?

- When someone is taking cover around a corner, is there some kind of glitch that protects them? It seems like whenever i come across someone standing up with his back to the wall, right on the corner, they are invincible. I can get an angle on them and still not get them down, sometimes even point blank them in the side and nothing. I am not sure whats going on here. And im talking about them not looking out of cover from aiming their gun, just standing there.

#5747 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just got another ribbon for gnasher guardian even though I got it last week its for the tyranny shotgun skin.

#5748 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm glad I live in Texas all my connections are with mexicans. I get no lag what soever assuming DS are gone.

#5749 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Damn that Tyranny skin is definitely one of the best!

#5750 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

- When someone is taking cover around a corner, is there some kind of glitch that protects them? It seems like whenever i come across someone standing up with his back to the wall, right on the corner, they are invincible. I can get an angle on them and still not get them down, sometimes even point blank them in the side and nothing. I am not sure whats going on here. And im talking about them not looking out of cover from aiming their gun, just standing there.

I've noticed that too. Can't explain it other than a glitch. It's frustrating because you get fragged even when you get a jump on somebody on the wall.

#5751 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

I used to get double xp on guardian now I doesn't.:(

#5752 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Still no new event ribbons for me >.<

#5753 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

im up to 29/30 ribbons so i think i got 1 or 2 in the last few weeks.

gnasher guardian, even with the sponging, is great. kind of wish they would change the snub to a gorgon maybe.

im 500 kills away from heavy weapon onyx, and about 900 away from skunker.

#5754 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just got my 64th Onyx, Heavy Weapons.

814 more skunkers till Seriously 3.0 :D

The bad thing is i can only get about 20-25 skunkers per hour by using 2 controllers and killing teammates with controller 2, then going and killing myself. Thats at least going to take 32 hours if im lucky. LOL.

#5755 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

The bad thing is i can only get about 20-25 skunkers per hour by using 2 controllers and killing teammates with controller 2, then going and killing myself. Thats at least going to take 32 hours if im lucky. LOL.

Capture the Leader.
2 round wins for victory.
2 Controllers.
Disable all weapon spawns.
AI on Insane.
Player two on the other team.
Start with a small map like Blood Drive or Mercy.

You can let it idle doing this. It's essentially 4 bots versus 4 bots. The lack of weapon spawns actually makes the AI actually only have one programmed objective; to get the other teams leader. If you have weapon spawns it causes the enemy to go after weapon pick-ups. Removing this makes them go after the leader target, or take cover (annoyingly).

It works well when your 2nd controller is the enemy leader, as they won't fight back like the AI will.

By doing this I think you'll get 10-30+ 'skunks' a night if you idle it while you sleep. It's inconsistent, but easier than playing against bots repeatedly. You'd probably get it in 2 weeks.

Hope this helps.

#5756 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Capture the Leader.
2 round wins for victory.
2 Controllers.
Disable all weapon spawns.
AI on Insane.
Player two on the other team.
Start with a small map like Blood Drive or Mercy.

You can let it idle doing this. It's essentially 4 bots versus 4 bots. The lack of weapon spawns actually makes the AI actually only have one programmed objective; to get the other teams leader. If you have weapon spawns it causes the enemy to go after weapon pick-ups. Removing this makes them go after the leader target, or take cover (annoyingly).

It works well when your 2nd controller is the enemy leader, as they won't fight back like the AI will.

By doing this I think you'll get 10-30+ 'skunks' a night if you idle it while you sleep. It's inconsistent, but easier than playing against bots repeatedly. You'd probably get it in 2 weeks.

Hope this helps.

After not playing this since the last Dlc drop I started back yesterday for awhile. Change of pace but that didn't last long before I got frustrated by the games inconsistancies.
One suggestion for skunker would be to change insane to hardcore. Over the course of several hours it seems to add 4-5 more ribbons since the AI doesn't wall bounce and crap like that but run balls out for the leader.

#5757 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm gonna miss guardian gnasher. No SOS, no nades. :(

#5758 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm gonna miss guardian gnasher. No SOS, no nades. :(

I agree, i loved that game type. :(

#5759 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

God damn 10k exp in one game. I'm gonna love 2xp week. I'm a white 90 so in 10-15 games a day I can get a level.

Edited by GUNNM, 03 July 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#5760 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

About time we get some double xp.