Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5791 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

GOW 1 MP is fun to shoot the shit in annex quick match and mess with sniper other than that I don't mess with it. I just bought the windows version of it tried MP had to use keyboard and mouse to try and kill.

#5792 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

I'm sure you can still find a boosting party for Gears1 achievements if you ask around on TrueAchievements.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#5793 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Guess what i got today. :bouncy:

Posted Image

Congrats. About damn time :-P

#5794 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'm sure you can still find a boosting party for Gears1 achievements if you ask around on TrueAchievements.

Serious question:
If people are just going to boost them, why not just glitch them? Same amount of effort required.

Glitching them only takes a few minutes. You only run the risk of people like myself checking and reporting you to Epic and Microsoft and having your account reset and/or banned. Fairly slim chance of it being discovered, though.

#5795 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I just bought the windows version of it tried MP had to use keyboard and mouse to try and kill.

There's supposed to be a Horde Mod for Gears of War PC. I haven't tried it, but I heard the guy who made it also has challenges in it similar to Halo: Reach, where you can test yourself by earning special kills or doing tasks. No actual reward, it just adds to the gameplay. I'm not sure if it would be able to 'match make,' since it is a mod, but it'd be neat to see Horde on those original maps. I don't even know if you can invite people to the game. It's on the Epic forums page, I just don't remember which section it is in.

It would probably be harder to play, too, since there is no Boom Shields, no Mortar and Mulcher, and no way to plant grenades in Gears of War.

#5796 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sounds cool thanks I'll have to look that up. I just need a windows controller though its pretty annoying playing with keyboard and mouse.

#5797 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

Serious question:
If people are just going to boost them, why not just glitch them? Same amount of effort required.

Glitching them only takes a few minutes. You only run the risk of people like myself checking and reporting you to Epic and Microsoft and having your account reset and/or banned. Fairly slim chance of it being discovered, though.

Earning it legit is more satisfying. I dont even know how to glitch it, and even if i did i wouldnt. For me its not about showing off what medal i have, its the challenge and doing it all the way through. Plus if you got banned you get banned from every gears game and i aint going to risk that, and dont want to make a new GT just to play it.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5798 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

I wouldn't call "playing" idle legit. Good for you though...took a long ass time.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5799 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

GOW 1 MP is fun to shoot the shit in annex quick match and mess with sniper other than that I don't mess with it. I just bought the windows version of it tried MP had to use keyboard and mouse to try and kill.

Where'd you find a windows copy? I haven't looked too hard yet, but I casually looked around and couldn't find it anywhere.

Sounds cool thanks I'll have to look that up. I just need a windows controller though its pretty annoying playing with keyboard and mouse.

Get a wireless dongle for your wireless 360 controller and you'll be right at home.

I wouldn't call "playing" idle legit. Good for you though...took a long ass time.

Technically, you quoted him discussing boosting Gears 1 versus glitching it and not Gears 3 where he idle boosted to get alot of the requirements. I do agree with you though, but in some instances if it's a chevo you really want, like one for your favorite series of games as in this case, I get it because the requirements are ridiculous. Worse than Seriously 1 & 2. 7th is on my FL and it seems like every night by the time I get to play he's got Gears 3 running an idle boosting session overnight. And he just fulfilled the requirements after nearly a year. I thought about trying for it, but after seeing how long it's taken 7th, forget it. My xbox will finally kick the bucket if I run it that much. And I'll NEVER get close naturally. It will probably be another year or two to naturally get bronze in every medal and Gears mp is my most played game. Gears 1 and 2 I also played a ton and barely scratched Seriously 1 & 2. I think I have about 3,500 kills and 14,000 kills respectively. I did switch to constant CoD4 play when it came out, but I was still playing a lot of Gears 2 horde when 3 came out. In order to get those cheves you've got to play a metric shit ton of hours and I've got a job, sometimes freelancing jobs on the side, friends and a wife and kids to spend time with. I often play a few hours a night, but that's obviously not gonna get me there at all. Hell, I still don't have all the weapon 100 kill cheves from Gears 1. I'm ranting at Epic and not you btw, just happened to quote you which lead me down this path.

On another note, was this weekend really laggy for anyone else? Much worse than usual for me. Felt like Gears 2 all over again. How different do you think reviews would be for this game if they did them now? Remember how reviewers raved about the dedicated servers they tested the game on and gave it credit for having dedicated servers although they were still being "finalized" back then?

Edited by jdawgg76, 11 July 2012 - 03:08 AM.

Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#5800 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

I wouldn't call "playing" idle legit.

I doubt that anyone, ever, will actually play 3000 legit matches of each game type in Gears 3. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5801 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

Where'd you find a windows copy? I haven't looked too hard yet, but I casually looked around and couldn't find it anywhere.

Digital download $20 through the market place. Got tired of waiting for a sale that would never come so I broke down and bought it.

#5802 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

I doubt that anyone, ever, will actually play 3000 legit matches of each game type in Gears 3. :lol:

I agree...its a ridiculous achievement to gain during standard play sessions. Epic fail. Pun intended ;)

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5803 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Earning it legit is more satisfying. [...] For me its not about showing off what medal i have, its the challenge and doing it all the way through. Plus if you got banned you get banned from every gears game and i aint going to risk that, and dont want to make a new GT just to play it.

That's kind of what I meant, but I just was confused why people would waste time boosting for Seriously... if they're not going to bother playing the game as it's meant to be played.

I hate to make personal excuses, but I do feel like Seriously 3.0 is a different sort of achievement. Epic has even explained that they're fine with people 'boosting' idle matches in private, as it doesn't interfere with other players online experience. It's probably similar to the sawed-off shotgun implementation, where they realize it's an absurd achievement in what it requires, and would probably change it, but are too stubborn at the same time.

Seriously 2.0, while excessive, it the best Seriously, as it encouraged you to just play the game. The first one was poorly planned as it only counted in Ranked, non-Annex games, which limited it's availability after so many months. That, and it's poor tracking based around player 'trust' is just dumb. Seriously 2.0 didn't punish me for playing Horde or the Campaign, which made it much more pleasing to play for. I dislike how Seriously 3.0 demands that you repeatedly play all game types, use all the weapons, and play specifically as a female. It's limiting in design, and not truly viable, even for people who greatly enjoy the series.

I hope if Judgment has a Seriously, as I'd expect it to, that it'll be aimed more at encouraging play, not targeted for each individual play type, weapon and character.

I was able to get a physical copy off of Amazon for $25+, just around the release of the 3rd game. I was casually checking and found a 3rd party seller offering it. It also comes with a code for a free month of Xbox Live Gold (which you need to host games on Windows Live).

#5804 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

I did boost in private matches, but i played the hell out of the game the right way too. Probably why it took me longer than it should have. I know when guardian first came back i played that to death and onyx 2-3 medals just by playing that mode. I played about 1,500 TDM matches before i started to boost AFK. So yeah i boosted but i played the game legit too and had fun doing it.

#5805 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Exactly.

#5806 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Seriously 3.0 is an achievement that no one will get legitly playing the game the right way. Unless its some guy 4+ years after the game was released. I too hope if they have a seriously 4.0 in judgment that its more towards playing the game and not boosting in private matches. I think the problem was they made the requirements too much. But then again i had the feeling they were hoping this game would be popular for 3+ years. But that backfired on them, and now they are making a new one to try and fix it. It makes more sense to have a seriously achievement be something such as beat campaign on insane, see every ending, beat horde on insane, stuff like that.

#5807 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Seriously 3.0 is an achievement that no one will get legitly playing the game the right way. Unless its some guy 4+ years after the game was released.

That's the thing that annoys me about Seriously 3.0. I may well still be playing Gears 3 in another 3-4 years, but I'll be playing the game modes I enjoy-- Horde, co-op campaign, a little TDM here and there. I just don't like Wingman (for instance). If it was 10 or 20 matches or something, then sure, I'll give it a chance. But 3000, I'm just never going to put myself through that. Hell, even people who do enjoy pretty much everything the game has to offer, there's probably at least one gun they don't like to use or game mode they don't prefer.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5808 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Right, wingman is not a bad mode, but in gears 3 the population is low. If you are by yourself you tend to get stuck with bots for partners, or guys who will quit on you. Even more annoying are the guys that are just spinning in circles to boost and not playing at all. I once kept running into the same guy spinning in circles throughout the day. Who wants to go through all that garbage?

#5809 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Wow a 1v1 special event. So badass.

People on the GOW forums are saying they got the achievement but I've gotten no ribbon.

Edited by GUNNM, 12 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#5810 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

9000 exp a match for 1v1 guardian if you win and end with an execution. =]

#5811 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Interesting!

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5812 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Went from 45 to 65 just playing 1v1 guardian.
Turn on utorrent let it lag and play 1v1 against bots for 9k+ exp a game

That is definitely boosting, and you'd be advised to avoid doing that. They posted on their forums months ago about people doing this risk getting banned from online play because of it. You're manipulating the game, and their servers are setup to check for this. Too many games against bots will makes them suspicious to you.

#5813 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

I don't buy it. No way they can check if its intentional lag or unintentional. They can't even get their servers straight, I doubt they have something like that in place.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5814 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

Any new skins?

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5815 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

No they took away those shitty top gun skins though we still have the judgment skins

#5816 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

GOW: Judgement is releasing March 2013. Sooner than expected.

http://www.g4tv.com/...-con-2012-news/
Posted Image

#5817 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'm not sure of the setup, I just know Joe Graf himself posted it. The game is supposed to keep track of how many games you are in without other players. If you hit a certain amount, it's supposed to send off a flag. Bad connection results if you're permanently the host, but since the game has dedicated servers, it's supposed to avoid this. It's not impossible to have a game where it's you against bots, it's just unlikely that it would be happening repeatedly for long lengths of time.

If you'd like to prove this warning wrong, you're more than welcome to. Just be advised that you've been warned.

#5818 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

GOW: Judgement is releasing March 2013. Sooner than expected.

http://www.g4tv.com/...-con-2012-news/

Hmmm...wonder if it'll happen. Gears 3 was supposed to hit in the spring and got pushed to fall...I somehow see this happening again.

Hope I'm wrong though.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5819 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Hmmm...wonder if it'll happen. Gears 3 was supposed to hit in the spring and got pushed to fall...I somehow see this happening again.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Some guy got a tattoo at SDCC for that info so I sure hope it is legit. :)

#5820 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

Wasn't that already known information? My Amazon pre-order already had mention of a March date for some time now. I think for at least a week or two.