Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5851 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm with you on that. Way too much info on overrun and nothing else.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5852 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yes, Overrun will be a fun little time killer, but VS is where it's at. Hell, the only thing they have to do to please me is say "no sawed off or retro."

630736.png

#5853 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

and no sponging, no ink stun, no mantle kick. :)

I honestly hope mantle kick is removed, so broken.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5854 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Overun looks dumb as shit tbh.

On the topic of mantle kick it must be lag on my part yesterday I mantle kicked two people and I heard their character make the noise of pain and felt my controller shake but my character just went over the enemy and they killed me

#5855 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Overun looks dumb as shit tbh.

On the topic of mantle kick it must be lag on my part yesterday I mantle kicked two people and I heard their character make the noise of pain and felt my controller shake but my character just went over the enemy and they killed me

Haha yeah, the lag makes mantle kick bad. You can jump away and still get kicked because of lag. I once mantle kicked 2 guys, shot them both point blank each and didnt kill either one.

#5856 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I use wi-fi and I've no problem with lag at all except for that mantle kick thing. I live in Texas so majority of my connections are from Mexico it sucks for anyone else who lags because of distance but we have dedicated servers, right? =/

#5857 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

I've mantle kicked, hopped over the obstacle, into the enemy, felt the controller rumble, saw them make the stumble animation, and somehow...somehow, I was the one who got stunned, and they were able to freely move and kill me. We were the last players on our teams and as soon as it went to the stats before next round that's all people were talking about.

"What the hell happened?!"

Six months of polish.

#5858 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yeah...it's inexcusable, and yet it remains my most played game...536 hours total according to my Raptr profile.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#5859 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hopefully Judgment is just a better version of gears 3 MP. Honestly its so smooth and nice in terms of movement, taking cover, and such. They just need to remove the bad things, and make the gnasher more consistent. It could really be a lot better. Also they need better maps. I like most of the DLC maps, but the launch maps are pretty much all rifle maps, so i dont care too much for them. Make good maps, instead of maps because it ties in with a theme, looking at you escelation/bulletmarsh.

#5860 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

played a few games yesterday. most of the players were from Italy/France with a few Germans and Spaniards.

I usually encounter Mexicans and a few Canadians/UK. Also South American countries as well. Most games have maybe 2-3 US players (though some might be Puerto Rican based on their bio) aside from me but most leave quickly.

didn't really experience lag but there were some Italians that seemed to be playing "too well" (much better than their overall records show which were below average) and they weren't host as there were 3-4 host disconnects.

all this on a 1 bar wireless connection and not sure what gears said my nat was. it's usually 2 bars but occasionally get 3.

#5861 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

I'm loving these guardian events. 3v3 guardian is pretty fun

#5862 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

I love them both. Good thing God of War Ascension comes out before Judgment, so ill be able to finish the story in that before Gears MP sucks me in again. LOL.

Hah good plan I'll probably be doing the exact same thing. Both games are Day 1 purchases for me.

Lump me into the group that only cares for MP mode. Overrun sounds nice but I just don't want it to be class based for the other MP modes.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#5863 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

I wish god of war was on xbox the only PS3 exclusive game I want to play is GOW 3 and GOW 4 :(

#5864 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

I wish god of war was on xbox the only PS3 exclusive game I want to play is GOW 3 and GOW 4 :(

Its pretty much the only reason i own a ps3. If not for God of War i would pass.

#5865 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

I cannot comprehend, for the life of me, why people like God Of War.

#5866 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

Ha ha ha. Gears > God

#5867 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Different loves for different genres. I can't comprehend people who still play pokemon games either but its just not for me

#5868 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

I take back what I said about people boosting to get Seriously... in Gears of War. I played 5 games last night and only 2 of them counted towards my stats as too many people quit out in the other 3 games. And they were only 'first to 5' matches. They couldn't stick around for 2 or 3 more rounds to finish the match up?

And why did Epic never fix this? The issue with Seriously... was pointed out to them within a month or two of the games release.

#5869 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

They fixed it in the next game with stat tracking. :) You're sol on GOW 1 though supposedly there was a patch that wiped out kills took me a while to get mine legit just boost it.

#5870 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

They fixed it in the next game with stat tracking. :) You're sol on GOW 1 though supposedly there was a patch that wiped out kills took me a while to get mine legit just boost it.

That's what's really unnerving about it. I have somewhere between 4,000-5,000 kills (this is adding up all of my kills across Warzone, Execution and Assassination, then adding and subtracting random amounts to substitute the counted/uncounted kills when players or the host quits). I'm safer assuming it's less than 4,000, but this is from years ago. I stopped playing when Halo 3 came out, with random matches played every few months.

I'm potentially half-way there, but from all of this information about stats being reset more than once (there was apparently another update that supposedly reset player stats a second time, although players have reported that it did not affect everyone) I just can't rationalize playing through countless games to get to 10,000 kills and not have it unlock...or worse, playing even more to get a grand amount and still not unlocking it.

I was fine grinding Brumak kills to get to my 100,000 in Gears of War 2, and having matches idle to finish off Gears of War 3, but I just can't accept glitching or boosting for this achievement. If only kills in Campaign or Social Matches, or even Annex counted. Or if they had at least updated to have a setting that if people don't join your match after 5 minutes of waiting to host a lobby, 5-7 bots would be added to let you play.

I want to earn the achievement, but I can't even do that since people quit matches. It's like I have to host to ensure the host doesn't quit, while also making the matches 1 round only, hoping the other players don't quit as the match should be as short as possible with only 1 round to win.

I do recall Rod Fergusson saying in one of his streams that he and several Epic employees lacked most of the online achievements for Gears of War. If only I could somehow get the employees of Epic to have to play this game every Saturday night, so that people like myself can earn the achievement...

And I'm such an idiot that I plan to try and get Seriously and Not So Serious in Gears of War PC, just to try and have everything for the series. I just don't learn.

#5871 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

They really need to dial back the achievement hunting in Gears. It sucked in Gears 1, it was mildly annoying in Gears 2, and outright terrible in Gears 3.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5872 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Try trueachievements or xbox360achievements for boosting parties.

#5873 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

Funny thing... The only reason I keep my 360 is for Gears. If Gears was on PS3 I would have sold the 360.

I do like Gears a lot. Its the only 360 exclusive I care a lot for.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5874 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Funny thing... The only reason I keep my 360 is for Gears. If Gears was on PS3 I would have sold the 360.

I bought an xbox after seeing mad world gears of war trailer.:bouncy: So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you there really aren't exclusives anymore.

#5875 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

I bought an xbox after seeing mad world gears of war trailer.:bouncy: So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you there really aren't exclusives anymore.

Far as online goes and this gen goes. Gears 2 was my most played game. I played Gears 3 some but after putting so many hours into Gears 2 I couldn't do the same to Gears 3.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5876 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Has the GOW 3 community died so badly that they needed to combine almost every playlist into one. I don't mind the old school playlist though no more retros, SOS or hammerburst. YAY.

#5877 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I may be late to the party in saying this, but even a two-man hitsquad can carry the team and dominate matches in KOTH and CTL. Fantastic fun, as I rarely play but anything other then randoms but did just that over the weekend.

Went two days without losing a single KOTH match, just me and one other guy along with randoms. :shock:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#5878 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Has the GOW 3 community died so badly that they needed to combine almost every playlist into one. I don't mind the old school playlist though no more retros, SOS or hammerburst. YAY.

Just certain playlists that they want to populate. Which I don't really care for because now I have to play game types I don't like.

#5879 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

4v4 on sandbar D=

#5880 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

+1

The few Xbox exclusives just aren't for me. Aside from some I really enjoyed like L4D, the titles made me yawn. Gears was what pulled me into getting an Xbox. Damn you Epic.