Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5881 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

thought it might be worth mentioning, but there's an un-named 'female?' MP Locust character that looks similar to Cole Train's counterpart if a COG vs Locust league was set up.

Besides Myrrah, this might be the only other Locust female MP character; not counting Berserker in Beast Mode, of course.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5882 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

thought it might be worth mentioning, but there's an un-named 'female?' MP Locust character that looks similar to Cole Train's counterpart if a COG vs Locust league was set up.

Besides Myrrah, this might be the only other Locust female MP character; not counting Berserker in Beast Mode, of course.

I think you mean the thrashball drone. I don't think its female it just has a mohawk on its helmet.
Like this.
Spoiler

Edited by GUNNM, 05 August 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#5883 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Anyone know of any deals upcoming or what not on season pass? I've really got into gears a few weeks ago and was upset they basically did some false advertising about dedicated servers. If I can't find a deal on season pass what dlcs would you reccomend?

#5884 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Anyone know of any deals upcoming or what not on season pass? I've really got into gears a few weeks ago and was upset they basically did some false advertising about dedicated servers. If I can't find a deal on season pass what dlcs would you reccomend?

The scratch and play had sales on two of the four DLC twice and the season pass was lowered a couple of months ago and majority of the DLC was part of DOTW a couple of times. Either wait for another sale or just look for people to trade with on here thats how I got mine.

#5885 bombtrack66

bombtrack66

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Any1 here got gold lancer and gold hammy ill trade

#5886 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Any1 here got gold lancer and gold hammy ill trade

If you played during the first week of release, you got those and a Flaming Retro Lancer.

If you desperately need a Gold Lancer, you can still buy copies of Gears of War 2: Limited Edition. The code transfers over. You might still be able to buy it individually from sellers on Ebay or Amazon.

The Gold Hammerburst code is less common, and may be available on Ebay, but is more of the elite weapon skin.

But, and this is the most important thing to know about weapon and character skins;
Spoiler

#5887 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

50% off season pass is over now. -_-

Edited by The 7th Number, 09 September 2012 - 02:49 PM.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#5888 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Well, I finally got that damn Socialite achievement today.

#5889 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Every KOTGnasher game I'm lagging so much for dedicated servers

#5890 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Today i saw someone with pixelated guns, first time i ever seen that.

#5891 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

anniversary event was lame-o.

one electric purple 'bday' skin for all 5 weapons, and 3xp. that's it.

movin'on...
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5892 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

The Bday skins werent really that cool. The dallas cowboy gnasher skins were better. Ive been playing this a lot lately. I have like 12 million XP since i got my red wings. lol. Had a TDM round where i went 12-2, but ended the game with 15 kills. lol.

I really hate going against teams who use female COG/Savage Kantus characters, with Retro/sawed off combo. Its so damn cheap because those characters hitboxes are so small, i often end up missing them because of it. Retro and sawed off are so cheap, no respect for anyone who gets a kill with them. Also ink stun is still annoying as all hell. Im better at rolling while they throw it. Ive even rolled a couple times where they stun themselves and i get the free kill. LOL. But its still a cheap tactic. Also i roll sometimes but lag ends up making me get stunned anyway.

#5893 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

While you're right about the lame variation in hit-boxes, you sometimes have to wonder if people are genuinely playing as female character because they're trying to get Battle Mistress done, or done again for the XP. Or if they're female. Or if they actually like the character.

Spoiler

I wonder if the hit-boxes will change in Gears of War: Judgement. It is running off of Gears of War 3's engine, right? So I guess they won't change?

#5894 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

I use the female skins to get Battle Mistress...it'd be nice if there were more Locust characters that counted toward that; I played a lot of CTL/guardian and it always sucked getting stuck as a drone and having the match not count when I didn't get Myrrah at least one round. Or the dreaded "character available next match" error...
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#5895 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:53 AM

Originally Myrrah wasn't even an unlocked character. Rod mentioned in one of his streams from several months ago that she was going to be a character you'd have to earn. They later changed this when they realized it limited the ability to get Battle Mistress for Locust players, so they added her to give an option to players to use her.

You'd figure at that point they'd have thought Battle Mistress might not be a worthwhile medal...but no...adding only one Locust female seemed like the best solution.

I really don't think I've ever seen anyone else play as Jace in versus. I played as him a few times and actually had people make comments about it. He's probably the rarest skin.

#5896 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

I really don't think I've ever seen anyone else play as Jace in versus. I played as him a few times and actually had people make comments about it. He's probably the rarest skin.

I was just playing as jace today. He has been one of my main characters. Him, Kim/carmine/old school baird, griffen, sometimes barrick, and of course dizzy. Those are my main guys i like to use. The only female i use sometimes is Bernie. The rest i cant stand to use. As for the locust, i hate being the locust because i dont really feel comfortable using any of the skins. Most of them are too damn big, considering you will end up fighting at least 3 COG females on the enemy team. I probably use Kantus the most, or savage hunter, or the one in beast mode who has a gnasher/nade from the start.

Adam Fenix is kind of fun to use, ive gotten headshots with him and he says JACKPOT! lol. or i got a digger kill with him and he says A LITTLE OFF THE TOP. Plus he has a funny groan when he dies.

#5897 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

All I know is thrashball drone is back and I'm using him until Epic takes him away from me again. :(

I wish epic went back to updating the game types every week instead of every two weeks. I'm sitting at 21/30

#5898 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

I use the female skins to get Battle Mistress...Or the dreaded "character available next match" error...

agreed, this is actually a very annoying glitch/error. we get enough of Marcus in campaign already.

on a related note, since judgment's campaign is done by pepole can fly rather than the main epic team; and it's not a main numbered sequel; although it's canon. I view this follow up similar to an expansion pack that could have been treated as dlc; instead of a full priced retail game.

not impressed by epic's decision making...or treatment.

#5899 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

Every KOTGnasher game I'm lagging so much for dedicated servers

I noticed that today. The lag was at random times and the character wraps a little after that I played a game type that only had around 200 people in my region and it was lag free but not the game type I wanted to play <_<

Finally switched internet services and what I have now is way better than the cable internet I use to have. With the cable internet it wrapped at the so called peak hours like I was trying to play it on 56k or stealing wi-fi.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#5900 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

You can usually tell if you try to wallbounce and its glitchy instead of smooth. But i even had a game today where people just ran straight into walls for a minute, then it said host quit and had that 2 minute delay while it gives host to someone else. I ended up backing out of that game because it was annoying. This was in the main TDM playlist too! Ive been telling myself to just let this game go, i need to retire this game forever because its more annoying than anything anymore. With all the cheap shit that people do to get kills, then the games with lag or sponging. I really should just retire this game forever and wait for Judgment. At least Judgment seems like its taking out some of the noob shit that gears 3 introduced.

#5901 popemogoth

popemogoth

pop-EMO-goth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

Do you know why I quit playing this game?

I play Horde Mode and it's the damn quitters that make me abandon this game. Sad to say it's collecting dust in my closet. They need some kinda penalty system for quitters.

#5902 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Do you know why I quit playing this game?

I play Horde Mode and it's the damn quitters that make me abandon this game. Sad to say it's collecting dust in my closet. They need some kinda penalty system for quitters.

They'll never do it. It's completely logical that they should, and I, as well as other people, suggested it on their site several times, but idiots come in greater numbers and defend their need to be able to quit early with no penalty.

I still don't understand why people can join Horde games in progress in Gears of War 2, but they can't in Gears of War 3 (unless they're invited...and potentially are unable to use their preferred character skin). So many mistakes made in this game.

I say this all of the time, but if developers and game designers actually played their games, they'd understand what gamers don't like about them.

"6 months of polish!" -Cliffy B.

#5903 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Gears has problems, people quitting horde early is at the bottom. People not wanting to play on a certain map and grinding that medal for establishing bases are two huge reasons it happens. Penalizing people wouldn't really matter, if they want to leave they will leave. If anything they should just change the matchmaking so you play on whatever map you want with whatever difficulty you want.

But yeah, this game is a mess. Characters are faster and harder to hit than others (with no downsides). Hit detection is shoddy as hell, bullets don't always travel in line with your aiming reticle, point blank shotgun blasts sponge, etc and this is offline. Online is a joke where host advantage determines how well you perform. Epic knows about the game shortcomings, they just don't care. They have our money from the DLC and would rather address worthless crap like weapon skins and adding useless weekly modes.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#5904 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Been lurking this thread for some time now since I do not play anymore, because of this game I will not buy another game that "Cliffy B" had his hands on.

They suckered me in with the phib of having dedicated servers, my love for the series didn't make me think twice about the claim even though in the back of my mind I called bullshit.

It used to be good fun, but the things that were issues in the beginning are still issues to this day and it's sad, even the same issues from the previous games, I guess they just got better at hiding it like call of duty does.

fs_overall.png

#5905 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

It used to be good fun, but the things that were issues in the beginning are still issues to this day and it's sad, even the same issues from the previous games, I guess they just got better at hiding it like call of duty does.

Yup, they were able to hide the bullet lag to walls in Gears 2, but you could still see the lag when you shot at enemies. Sad that they would rather camouflage it instead of actually fix it. I dont think there will ever be a gears of war game without some bad lag, dedicated servers or not. Either way i love the series and buy it mainly for the story, and just because i think its fun as hell. I just wish the MP was solid. Gears 3 seemed like a dumbed down noob friendly cash grab more than anything. Gears 2 took skill, Gears 3 not so much.

#5906 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

If people are still playing Gears of War 2, I re-bought a new copy a few months back and finally opened it to replay Horde. If you need help in that I wouldn't mind aiding players in Horde.

Spoiler

#5907 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Haha, oh my god. I think I'm going to be stuck at 29 events because I was on vacation during the time that I could have gotten the last event ribbon. FML. and F U Epic.

#5908 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.

#5909 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.

ya, they set everyone to 29/30 social events about a month ago.

#5910 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

So when do the 31x XP weekends start for this game? :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df