Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#5911 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm not sure if people are still playing this and I don't know all the details but basically someone wrote a letter to epic about the war supporter medal, and when I logged in today I had 29/30 events. I only had to go play one match of one shot and I got the achievement.

Yeah, they did that because they screwed up and got lazy with events.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5912 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I still boot this up every other week or so and just play whatever mode I'm in the mood for. I'm clearly not going to Platinum all of the medals, so that makes things much less serious and much more fun. Every week I'm still surprised that there's a solid community for the game, considering how long the game has been out.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5913 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

well it's gears of war. it's the other halo. all 3 games are still playable online with no problems. my only complaint is being from the south west i get to play with mostly mexicans and some of them lag. GoW is huge in mexico and south america.

#5914 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'd be down for some Horde if people want to. I already have the achievements so we could work on those or just play.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5915 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

anyone here interested in getting the "Zeta team, GO" achievement? Seems like none of my friends got Gears 3 DLC. We just need to do 10 waves of horde while each of us is using a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera and Jace) and its a cool 75G

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5916 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

anyone here interested in getting the "Zeta team, GO" achievement? Seems like none of my friends got Gears 3 DLC. We just need to do 10 waves of horde while each of us is using a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera and Jace) and its a cool 75G

I would be down but I'm going to be watching the hornets game which will end around 930pm central.

#5917 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

I would be down but I'm going to be watching the hornets game which will end around 930pm central.

well doubt I could today since I'm working on finals but once we get a few people we can try maybe this weekend. Anyone else that is interested feel free to add me on XBL or PM me your GT

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5918 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

My GT is in my info but I would be willing to do it almost any night after 10pm central. Ill keep an eye out for this thread.

#5919 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Anyone want to work on a boosting session for the "foreshadowing" or "I've got this" achievements? I've got the Zeta Team achievement, but am willing to fill in and help out.

#5920 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

this game needs serious XP events.

wow, first Cliffy B, now Mike Capps?

scary thought for Judgment.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#5921 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'd be down for some Gears 3 DLC achievements as well.
Posted Image

#5922 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

well thats 4 people just need 1 person and we can get a few other like the Host a private Horde and a Beast mode Match with a party of 5 players on any Horde Command Pack map. I will be free starting this thursday

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5923 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

I'd be down for some Gears 3 DLC achievements as well.

Me as well, though I'm only available on weekends!

#5924 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I still need alot of the dlc cheves and a few of the beast/horde cheves as well.

#5925 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

ok cool well that more than enough people, just making sure all you guys have all the DLC right? Well like I said I will be free starting Thursday night so I will add you guys or add me and we can set up some horde and other game modes. Also anyone need to beat the game on 4-player co-op? same with RAAM's shadow? Still need to beat it on 4-player co-op arcade.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5926 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

I need practically all of the MP/Horde achievements as well.
Spoiler

#5927 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

need to do co-op and raam's shadow as well.

#5928 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

While I lack the game now, when I've helped people get these in the past I've always found nobody else wants to play as Jace for Zeta Team Go, yet all the male players were quick to 'call' Valera. Just always seemed weird.

#5929 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

got the season pass during the last sale. I still need to get through Ramm's Shadow on my own.

I need ALL dlc achievements and most normal horde ones as well. I don't really want to boost mp achievements as they don't seem that hard.

#5930 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

ok cool lots of people are up for working on some achievements and yeah Gamer SDP the versus achievements are easy to get just gotta play to get them I'm more for working on the horde and co-op ones which you need people that have the DLC to be able to get

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5931 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

yeah i have the season pass

#5932 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

There's a season pass on ebay right now for $10 for anyone interested

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1fdee9ff

#5933 GuitarMan

GuitarMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Glad to see people still play Gears 3.
I'm usually on Fri-Sun/Holidays/and random days off (EST zome) and play mostly horde.
I'll join in horde/beast/campaign, if you need extras. Just send me an invite.

And, if anyone wants to play any of the earlier gears games, I have the others 2 but I have never played their horde modes and willing to try it out.
Posted Image

#5934 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

there's a season pass on ebay right now for $10 for anyone interested

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1fdee9ff

( you have to give your email and password of your gamertab for download it and put the skins in your download history)

#5935 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

( you have to give your email and password of your gamertab for download it and put the skins in your download history)

sounds legit.8-)

#5936 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Will a bunch of FIFA titles show up in my play history without me actually playing them?

#5937 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Glad to see people still play Gears 3.
I'm usually on Fri-Sun/Holidays/and random days off (EST zome) and play mostly horde.
I'll join in horde/beast/campaign, if you need extras. Just send me an invite.

And, if anyone wants to play any of the earlier gears games, I have the others 2 but I have never played their horde modes and willing to try it out.

for Gears 2 do you know if they are still doing those incredible XP events? I really want to get to level 100 on Gears 2 am like 88 right now.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#5938 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

for Gears 2 do you know if they are still doing those incredible XP events? I really want to get to level 100 on Gears 2 am like 88 right now.

I might be wrong (hopefully I am), but last time I looked at the Gears of War forum they had almost dropped support for Gears of War 2. Rod Fergusson, when he still worked at Epic, would always say that if there was a large enough request from the fans that they would do another large multiplier weekend, but the posts in the Gears of War 2 sub-section were almost always ignored after 3's release.

Isn't the game currently fixed at a 4x multiplier now? Or is it still just 2x?

#5939 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I think it's been set to 3XP as they stated that "3XP continues for the Thanksgiving event" referring to the 3XP event that started at Halloween. I played a week or so after Thanksgiving and the math seemed to add up to 3XP still.

#5940 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

12 Days of Gearsmas schedule announced:
http://epicgames.com...-gearsmas-2012/

It seems like only yesterday we were celebrating the season of Gearsmas. Once again this year, we will be having twelve days of fun events in Gears of War 3 and we will also be randomly awarding the fans with Gears of War and Epic Swag! We have an Epic Edition, a Retro Lancer, a Gears of War board game and much, much more!

The events start tomorrow morning. Last year’s events were so popular, we’re going to do it all again. Events are subject to change without notice.

We hope you all have a safe, happy and wonderful Holiday Season!

Day 1- Fortifications for Free
Day 2- No Team Love
Day 3- Much Bigger Heads
Day 4- 4 Squawking Birds
Day 5- Beasts on the cheap
Day 6- 6 Boomers Flaming
Day 7- Gibbing Comets Ringing
Day8- Experience for Milking
Day 9- Locust Ladies Dancing
Day 10- 10 Lambent Leaping
Day 11- Snowman Heads a Popping
Day 12- Mortars Incoming

Gearsmas Versus Schedule

Day 1- Brothers to the End on all maps playlist
Day 2-4- Hardcore Weekend – No rifles, gnasher/pistol only, map pickups limited to boomshot, digger, torque bow, sniper rifle. There will be NO infinite ammo mutator this time.
Day 5- Can You Dig it?
Day 6- Torque Bow Tag
Day 7 and 8- Boom Snipes
Day 9 and 10- This Is My Rifle
Day 11- Thanksgibbing
Day 12 One Shot One Kill