Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#6031 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm available to do dlc or insane horde the next few hours.

#6032 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I couldn't get on Sunday but will be on all day Monday until around 10pm pacific when I'm going to go pick up Gears Judgement if anyone wants to try a few quick dlc achievements I do have an extra controller so we only need 3 more people

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#6033 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm available to do dlc or insane horde the next few hours.

Sorry about not responding to your message. I must have been AFK when you sent that and by the time I saw it, we were already done. Sorry again!

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#6034 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I am on right now if anyone wants to get the 2 achievements real quick, will be on until I leave to get judgement

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#6035 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

If you guys from last night need help with Horde or Beast, I like to play those modes and would help.

#6036 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

I still need several... waves 1-50 on some map or another, all beast waves on some maps... I'd play with randoms in public matches, but it seems the DLC maps almost never come up, nor are they picked when they do.

I haven't beaten beast on insane yet either... given the XP bonus, I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#6037 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

I still need several... waves 1-50 on some map or another, all beast waves on some maps... I'd play with randoms in public matches, but it seems the DLC maps almost never come up, nor are they picked when they do.

I haven't beaten beast on insane yet either... given the XP bonus, I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.

I still need those too. I can play most nights from 11pm ish est to 2 am.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#6038 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'd be interested in doing beast and horde on insane with mutators if we got a full party going again.

Yeah, the other night I barely earned any XP, and that was at least 3 hours of playing together.

This will work better if people just set a time and date. If I knew when people wanted to play, I'd know when to look out for people. Just say something like Friday, 9 PM EST, or something like that, so that everyone knows when to be on, instead of logging on at random times and missing each other.

#6039 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'll make an effort to be on tomorrow night around 9 or 10pm CST, then probably throughout the day Saturday/Sunday.
Posted Image

#6040 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'll make an effort to be on tomorrow night around 9 or 10pm CST, then probably throughout the day Saturday/Sunday.

hit me up for a Sat & Sunday run

#6041 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

If I'm on and you need a 5th for Horde or Beast, let me know.

#6042 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Still looking to do insane horde/beast on the 'new' maps; anyone want to make plans to get a group together?
Posted Image

#6043 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Still looking to do insane horde/beast on the 'new' maps; anyone want to make plans to get a group together?

I'll play if you need a player.

#6044 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'll play if you need a player.

I'm tired of needing those done. I'm in.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#6045 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Friday night should be ok for me. Jdawgg said it would work for him too.
Posted Image

#6046 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Also, are people looking for help in Gears of War 2?

not sure if you or anyone is still up for doing Gears 2 stuff but still need a few achievements mainly get to 100 (im at 79) then a couple of Horde ones Am I only Dreaming? (wave 40 on Memorial) and Blood on the Sand (wave 50 on Nowhere)

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#6047 UrJudge

UrJudge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

I don't mind doing Horde. Beast..not so much

#6048 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Friday night should be ok for me. Jdawgg said it would work for him too.

I should be on after 8PM EST tomorrow, if that's when you two are on.

not sure if you or anyone is still up for doing Gears 2 stuff but still need a few achievements mainly get to 100 (im at 79) then a couple of Horde ones Am I only Dreaming? (wave 40 on Memorial) and Blood on the Sand (wave 50 on Nowhere)

I actually liked those maps for Horde, but I'd play regardless. Maybe want to try for next weekend just to see if other people join up? I'd hope people still have copies of that game so that there would be more than 2 of us.

#6049 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

How much is it for all maps?

I'm looking to do 4 player coop campaign on insane.

Tried out the 3D the other day. Nice depth effect. Was a little harder to see where my assault rifle bullets were going, yet I seemed to down people faster than normal.

I don't think I'll ever get the onyx medals achievement. Even playing offline against bots, would take 400+ hours.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6050 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Ebbtide, a friend of mine, and I are online now; if anyone else wants to join in send me a message over xbl. Horde and beast on insane.
Posted Image

#6051 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sorry guys. I had car trouble getting home last night and had to limp it in to get fixed in rush hour. By the time I got home it pushed back everything else I had to do and eventually I just got online to watch Parks & Rec with the wife and fell asleep. I'll be on tonight and Sunday.

#6052 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

No worries. I've got you and Ebbtide on my friends list, plus one of my friends will play so we've got 4 for sure if everyone is on at the same time. And assuming XBL is working tonight...

So we're all on the same page, here's what I want to get done, eventually, specifically:

Onyx medal for finishing insane best w/o failing
Now they begin to understand (20g): complete all 12 beast waves on all the fenix rising maps
Defend the past (25g): complete all 50 waves of horde on any of the fenix rising maps
Unstoppable force (25g): complete all 50 waves of horde on any of the forces of nature maps

Open to helping with anything anyone else needs/wants too, naturally.
Posted Image

#6053 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm online, but can't send you guys messages and party invite is acting weird. Live still having issues?

#6054 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I should be on after 8PM EST tomorrow, if that's when you two are on.

I actually liked those maps for Horde, but I'd play regardless. Maybe want to try for next weekend just to see if other people join up? I'd hope people still have copies of that game so that there would be more than 2 of us.

yeah would be best if we could get at least 1 more person, we can do it on casual to make it go faster but even then in the later waves enemies do get tougher, I will be available all week after around 4-5pm pacific

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#6055 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

I usually can't get online until about 10pm est.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#6056 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Should be available Friday evening through the weekend.
Posted Image

#6057 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Just so that it's clear, Dark Lord Greg was talking about playing Gears of War 2 Horde, for those interested.

I'm still willing to play 3 if you guys are on. But I'll also play Gears of War 2 Horde if people are looking to play it.

#6058 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Should be available Friday evening through the weekend.

If you see me on and just want to run through Casual Beast or Horde on the new maps, or want me to buy you the Silverback Upgrades so you can get those rocket kills with it, send me a message. I also saw you need the 4-Player Co-op achievements. If you want to run through the Campaign or Raam's Shadow I'd play.

Unless I'm playing with other people, if you see me on, just ask and I'll play. No need for a schedule. Same goes for Jdawgg.

As for Insane Horde and Beast, I'm always willing to play. We'll just need a crew.

yeah would be best if we could get at least 1 more person, we can do it on casual to make it go faster but even then in the later waves enemies do get tougher, I will be available all week after around 4-5pm pacific

Seems like no one else is interested, but I'll still play. If we jump into public Horde games we should eventually find Memorial and Nowhere. At least then we might get a team of 5 with randoms.

Also, not sure if you know this, but over at the Gears site they have a forum thread where people can request help with Gears of War Achievements. I helped out a few people (uncredited) with 2 and 3. If you ask for help there, you should be able to get a few helpers.

Gears of War 2 Helpers

Gears of War 3 Helpers

Just another option if you can't find help here.

#6059 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I don't know if it's always the case but last Friday I played my final GoW: J match and I noticed that the online community for Gears 3 was even bigger than Judgment.

At this point, Overrun is the best part of Judgment but it's not a mode I can play for very long. For Gears 3, I remember spending hours on end during my weekends playing online. I could go 3 hours straight and wanting more of Gears 3. I couldn't get enough of it. After an hour on Judgment, I'll grow tired of it and not want to play it for days. They ruined TDM for me. Unlimited respawns doesn't force the bad players to get better. They'll just keep playing the same way and never adapt. At least in Gears 3, you could watch how others play and it would force you to watch how others would play. Judgment just feels like a lazy game for me. It doesn't feel like it has the depth that Gears 3 had.

It might just be my luck but I notice that the GoW: J community is pretty good about not doing that stupid dance move after every frag. Gears 3 players are getting out of hand with that shit. It's not funny and it only irks a lot of gamers out there. I'll try to chainsaw those type of players around corners and do the dance back to them. But it's so dumb when guys do it only to put themselves out of position to get killed 10 seconds later. Fricking idiots.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#6060 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

I played 3 last night with a few CAGs and we talked about how Judgment doesn't loan itself to long play. I can play it, but only in brief periods, and I always have to change the type. Campaign, to Survival, to Overrun, and then I'm bored. When I played with GuitarMan it was fine, but it was because he actually talked and we worked together in Survival and Overrun. I've had a few games where people worked well, cooperated, said important things, but it's too infrequent, and most times it just is 'bad' players ruining the game, like you said.

I'm surprised how quick the community seems to have left the game. I assume it'll jump back tomorrow, if only briefly, to test out the new maps, but that alone can't be enough to hold a community.

I get your point. I know it sounds elitist, but I liked it better when the game was much more punishing in its setup. Even 2 and 3 got easier on people with respawns and setups. I think there was an appreciation for the game because if you were bad at it, you usually didn't play it for too long. Now, with quick respawns, no limits on lives, and game modes that focus on quick kills, there isn't a reason to get 'better.' It kills the fan appreciation, as it's not the game they want to play, and does little to keep the new and/or bad players, as they seem to suck at most games, and will eventually jump to the next popular game title.

Being distinct, while limiting, does keep people playing your game. Being like other high selling games makes you just like them. And while that may help your initial sales, it kills longevity, and ultimately will make people move away from your series, as it's not like what attracted them to it initially.

I say this and mean it, but I do hope that the next Halo and Gears of War have truly abysmal sales resulting from their previous games. Their motions to butcher titles to make them like other games killed what made that game distinct. Halo had you move slowly and have the same loadouts to keep it competitive. Gears of War made you play with one life so that you played tactically, and didn't just run in, die, respawn, repeat.

I have no problem with Call of Duty, but literally importing that game series into other titles that used to compete with it for numbers won't make people play those games. If anything, it'd make players more interested in playing Call of Duty, since these studios are trying to copy it, and so it must be doing things correctly.