Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

• Please log in to reply
6069 replies to this topic

#1861 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

Are there any other game play videos? I'm wondering if Mad World is exclusive to Gridlock since it's from the first game.

#1862 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Are there any other game play videos? I'm wondering if Mad World is exclusive to Gridlock since it's from the first game.

No idea, but you could always make a custom Gears playlist on your Xbox.

I know it's not the same, but still...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1863 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

Damn, people are getting the game this early!?

I gotta start calling the local mom & pop shops to see if they'll have an early release.

#1864 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:35 AM

good news guys you can buy weapon skins!
http://www.neogaf.co...3&postcount=872

#1865 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

Clicked on that link you posted just 2 minutes ago, read a few pages of complaints, and then it was deleted by the moderators there.

That's never a good sign.

Spoiler

#1866 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

Deleted.

#1867 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

your link forum thread was deleted

so idk if its the same thing, but I got crimson omen lancer codes

is that what you mean? that there are codes for specific skins and you can buy them?

#1868 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

your link forum thread was deleted

so idk if its the same thing, but I got crimson omen lancer codes

is that what you mean? that there are codes for specific skins and you can buy them?

No there was a screen where you pick your gun skin, all the little squares showing each skin pattern. For most of them they had a little $ in a circle like you could actually go to the marketplace and buy them. I dont think the beta skins had them, but the rest did.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#1869 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

oh then I got no idea then

#1870 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:51 AM

I think the skins you pay for are ugly as hell.

#1871 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

I put together a youtube playlist of 3 of the best gears of war trailers..... i think everyone should watch it. Just pumps me up for the game.

http://www.youtube.c...53355A18CE00E05

#1872 bossman

bossman

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

I think this is what he was talking about
Posted Image

#1873 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

So it seems that Adam Fenix comes with the Infected Omen skin pack. There's no different file download between the controller and the Epic or Console editions.

#1874 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

The "epic" review copy given at today's GoW3 press event in San Francisco

http://images.instag...efb73d70c_7.jpg

Embargo lifts on the 15th if you care about reviews.

#1875 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

So it seems that Adam Fenix comes with the Infected Omen skin pack. There's no different file download between the controller and the Epic or Console editions.

Well, looks like I'm getting the regular edition of the game & a controller.

#1876 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

Thats odd, oh well. I still would have ordered the LE because i wanted the COG.

in other news...

Bernie and Onyx Guard are a few of the characters available in DLC 1 coming in November.

http://twitter.com/#...042864787210241

#1877 dotCody

dotCody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

Bernie and Onyx Guard are a few of the characters available in DLC 1 coming in November.

#1878 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

What a ballsy motherfucker. Is there any reason for that?

#1879 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

You also have to pay for the remaining weapon skins.

This really is lame. I can't believe how much content they really are withholding, and, again, people are just accepting it.

#1880 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

You also have to pay for the remaining weapon skins.

This really is lame. I can't believe how much content they really are withholding, and, again, people are just accepting it.

Wow WTF thats very disappointing. I asked Rod if they would be included with the season pass, which i think they should be. If not then Fuck them im not going to buy skins for a fucking gun. Talk about trying to nickle and dime everyone. Ill just use my gold, flame, infected omen, liquid metal, or regular skins.

Update: they wont be included in the season pass. But there will be a cheaper bulk package with them all ready for purchase day 1.... smh

Edited by The 7th Number, 09 September 2011 - 07:48 AM.

#1881 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

No Kim Multiplayer Skin? Robin Atkin Downes not there? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

#1882 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

The "epic" review copy given at today's GoW3 press event in San Francisco

http://images.instag...efb73d70c_7.jpg

Embargo lifts on the 15th if you care about reviews.

I wish I was press. Where you write?

nihilence.png

#1883 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

Damn...all this micro transaction shit is outta control. If the season pass included it all, I'd be ok with it, but the season pass + characters packs + weapon skins...WTF!?!?!??!

#1884 dotCody

dotCody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

Fuck Epic. I feel like a sucker now, for planning on buying their cash machine game.

#1885 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

The adam f. Code is not with the IO weapon skins dlc. The code for him will be on the cog that comes inside the LE & EE. The Console will just have another code inside the game as u saw it when Ice-T opend his game up u could see the adam f. Card inside. Gears of war 3 skins will be cheap anyway. U don't have to buy them u know!

#1886 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Ever since horse armor, I've never understood paying real money for what amounts to a different texture, or getting all worked up over it.

#1887 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wow. They definitely have some nerve pulling a stunt like this but we're to blame for allowing it to happen. I should have saw this coming considering how many gamers cover the cost of these games by selling the DLC. Hopefully if enough people bitch they give us a few free. Otherwise I'll have to take a good look at the entire set before biting down on any sort of price. If it's reasonably low though I might just say f*ck it and take the hit. I love Gears. Unfortunately I can't imagine it not floating somewhere between the 560 - 800 ranges considering the number and hype surrounding them. We really need to put our foot down as consumers and not support this type of bullshit. I think I'm just going to wait to see how this plays out.

Thrust: Come on man. You know the reason people are upset is because they are deliberately withholding launch content for nickle and diming purposes. It's been the primary nagging suspicion behind the very existence of DLC. There's nothing wrong with being angry about paying to download an unlock key for on disc content. We however still shoulder much of the blame for how the market is today and since no one is forcing us to buy any of it we can't put it all back on the developers. Not much is going to change though when we're outnumbered 1 to 1,000 so it's either put up or shut up. ;\

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1888 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Thrust: Come on man. You know the reason people are upset is because they are deliberately withholding launch content for nickle and diming purposes. It's been the primary nagging suspicion behind the very existence of DLC. There's nothing wrong with being angry about paying to download an unlock key for on disc content. We however still shoulder much of the blame for how the market is today and since no one is forcing us to buy any of it we can't put it all back on the developers. Not much is going to change though when we're outnumbered 1 to 1,000 so it's either put up or shut up. ;\

I understand the rage over withholding actual game content i.e. levels, maps, weapons.

But I don't really understand A) This degree excitement over what amounts to new texture art or B) The rage that you have to pay for it to get it.

It would be the same if they came out with new sound banks for each character in multiplayer, so they say new and different things during battle. That has no value to me and I would laugh at their attempt to sell it. However, I guess it makes an alright bonus for a pre-order.

I suppose, at this point, they can come up with any new art assets that don't affect gameplay a lick and the vain nerds (no insult intended) will lock onto it like a pack of piranha.

#1889 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

30$ out the gate just to play with characters that were confirmed to be on launch. Gotta love the epidemic of DLC but oh well not much you can do if you want to play with those character/maps.

#1890 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I understand the rage over withholding actual game content i.e. levels, maps, weapons.

But I don't really understand A) This degree excitement over what amounts to new texture art or B) The rage that you have to pay for it to get it.

It would be the same if they came out with new sound banks for each character in multiplayer, so they say new and different things during battle. That has no value to me and I would laugh at their attempt to sell it. However, I guess it makes an alright bonus for a pre-order.

I suppose, at this point, they can come up with any new art assets that don't affect gameplay a lick and the vain nerds (no insult intended) will lock onto it like a pack of piranha.

The problem, specifically in this case, is the amount of time Epic has had working on this game. It was supposed to launch in March. They had an extra 6 months to "polish," so I expect the game to be perfect at this point. This is supposed to be the end of the trilogy, yet they're holding back single player content for DLC. You would think the "Season Pass" would include this character/weapon DLC, but it doesn't. This is going to be separate from it altogether. Characters that were available in Gears 1/2 are now DLC only? I don't happen to care about the characters missing as I didn't use them, but I have friends that did. I'd be pissed off if I wasn't able to pick Carmine from Gears 1. On top of all that, Gears 3 is shipping with significantly less maps than Gears 2. I guess a flashback map pack could be announced, but I highly doubt it'll be free this time around if it is. They gotta pay for those dedicated servers somehow, I guess. I guarantee the servers are fucked up in some way off and on for at least a week, if not longer, too.

That's my take on it, anyway. It's bullshit, especially for Epic, who used to be better than all this.