CAGcast #195: A Toilet Crysis

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#121 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Will the CAG iPhone app be out before Gran Turismo 5?

Mmhmm. All functionality is locked down, just making it look less shitty now.

#122 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

Cheapy: The last time I clogged the toilet, I let it marinate in the toilet water for 30 minutes. That softened it up and made a path. It's the toilet paper that can be a huge issue.

By the way, what time (USA) did you record this last cast? Wombat seemed all tired and cranky (more than usual).

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#123 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

I could've spotted shipwreck had I went downtown last week!

oh well there's always the chance of seeing wombat at some fastfood place or just eating outside :D

#124 Earmuffin585

Earmuffin585

Modding Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

below par show but that's still an awesome show. keep up the work!
Posted Image

#125 Earmuffin585

Earmuffin585

Modding Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Good show!
Posted Image

#126 dreamparacite

dreamparacite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:42 AM

I love dem Soaps on ropes! Great cagcast guys! Sometimes I don't finish cagcasts in a timely manner so I can ensure they never run out and then I get behind, so I'm working on that. Eagerly awaiting next weeks. :D

#127 kksong

kksong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

below par show but that's still an awesome show. keep up the work!

Ditto - and too many trash talk, or maybe you guys are sleepy! Hope you are back to normal next time.

#128 polo14player

polo14player

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:22 AM

loved the facts of life reference!!!

#129 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

Freeway driving is better with CheapyD talking about his stool problems. Fiber is always good!

#130 donkeydrop

donkeydrop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

Cheapy, you didn't really get the full situation on PS3 piracy. In fact the Sony firmware update was a direct response to hackers finally getting full system access back in January. You can get the details at http://arstechnica.c...gets-hacked.ars

#131 III MUZZA III

III MUZZA III

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

More Cagcast now!!!!!! :D

#132 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:41 AM

We must be synched up or something, because recently my logs have been clogtastic as well.

ME2 DLC coming out at this moment at such a price seems so silly. At least with AC II, they're "memories" so they don't really block your access to them even if you've passed the game. Those that want continuity could have waited, but the rest of us could play on just fine. With ME2, you have DLC coming out even though the game itself feels like it's been completed. Anything extra should probably be afterwards, like side missions to show how the universe is a never ending turmoil.
PEW PEW PEW.

#133 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

Did anyone else notice that every feedback comment Wombat pulled from last show was praising him, and not really about the show itself? Talk about textbook narcissism. Furthermore, Every time Shipwreck or Cheapy would talk for 5 minutes about something .. such as Crysis 2 or why people don’t hack the PS3 .. two discussions which I found interesting, Wombat would say its boring (presumably cause he’s not involved). And then whenever either Ship or Cheapy would talk about a writer or publicist or some kind of industry insider, Wombat would mention how they should’ve gotten him a game or a check or some kind of free stuff. Give it a rest already! It's not funny, it's not fun.

Posted Image

#134 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Did anyone else notice that every feedback comment Wombat pulled from last show was praising him, and not really about the show itself? Talk about textbook narcissism. Furthermore, Every time Shipwreck or Cheapy would talk for 5 minutes about something .. such as Crysis 2 or why people don’t hack the PS3 .. two discussions which I found interesting, Wombat would say its boring (presumably cause he’s not involved). And then whenever either Ship or Cheapy would talk about a writer or publicist or some kind of industry insider, Wombat would mention how they should’ve gotten him a game or a check or some kind of free stuff. Give it a rest already! It's not funny, it's not fun.

Actually it's every comment from the last 3 shows.

#135 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Great show, guys. I especially got a kick out of the discussion about playing Farmville being code for having a bowel movement. "Excuse me, I have to go plant some corn" is now my go-to euphemism when I need to take a dump. My wife is a big Farmville player herself, so naturally I explained it to her, and she is overjoyed to have that mental association every time she plays now. Sweet.
Posted Image

#136 uScGoo

uScGoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

This is mostly for Shipwreck - I heard the urban legend about why that lady was so paranoid about her purse on the airplane. Obviously she was still overly protective, but women are supposed to keep track of their purse at all times on a plane not because someone will steal the purse, rather steal something out of it (like a credit card or cash). When you think about the average "post flight" activities (bathroom, baggage claim, rental car/get picked up, go to hotel/home), most people don't look at their wallet till well after they are away from the airport. So in theory the person next to you could take something while you are at the bathroom and you wouldn't know it till after they are long gone.
"I want the people to know that they still have two out of three branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad."

-President Dale
Mars Attacks

#137 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Just got to the part talking about baseball games and I had to comment. MLB The Show has had a career mode called either The Show or Road to the Show as its now called since MLB The Show 06 (ie last 5 games.) 2K had to input it this year throughout all its sports games (including NBA and NHL) to keep up with the offerings by its competitors (EA and Sony.)

The Road to the Show by all accounts is vastly superior than 2K's My Player mode, but it's a good first start for 2K. I'm surprised Shipwreck did not get The Show since he has a PS3 as its a vastly superior game to MLB 2K10.

At least 2K10 is playable this year to break their even year track record of the game freezing up in 06 and 08 (and well being completely broken last year.)

Oh and just for the record I'm not a Sony fanboy as my 360 game to PS3 game ratio is 4:1, but MLB The Show is the main reason myself and at least 1/2 of all PS3 owners in St. Louis have a PS3. It's the best baseball game out IMO, and MLB The Show 10 and 08 are the two best baseball games ever in my view, followed by MVP Baseball 05, Bases Loaded 2, and RBI Baseball 2.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#138 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

great show. i love when you guys talk about shipwreck's mansion :) lol. I loved CheapyD talking about hacking the PS3 very interesting. And out of all the deer jokes I think Ships 'Don't judge me.' to the moose was by far the funniest joke on the show.
peace

Edited by Velo214, 15 April 2010 - 06:35 PM.

#139 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I hope nobody thinks your a Sony fanboy because of this post. The Show is almost unanimously considered a better game by fans of the genre (like yourself).

Just got to the part talking about baseball games and I had to comment. MLB The Show has had a career mode called either The Show or Road to the Show as its now called since MLB The Show 06 (ie last 5 games.) 2K had to input it this year throughout all its sports games (including NBA and NHL) to keep up with the offerings by its competitors (EA and Sony.)

The Road to the Show by all accounts is vastly superior than 2K's My Player mode, but it's a good first start for 2K. I'm surprised Shipwreck did not get The Show since he has a PS3 as its a vastly superior game to MLB 2K10.

At least 2K10 is playable this year to break their even year track record of the game freezing up in 06 and 08 (and well being completely broken last year.)

Oh and just for the record I'm not a Sony fanboy as my 360 game to PS3 game ratio is 4:1, but MLB The Show is the main reason myself and at least 1/2 of all PS3 owners in St. Louis have a PS3. It's the best baseball game out IMO, and MLB The Show 10 and 08 are the two best baseball games ever in my view, followed by MVP Baseball 05, Bases Loaded 2, and RBI Baseball 2.

#140 Jonman

Jonman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

Ship got to meet Richard K Morgan? Sunnovabeyatch! He's one of my favourite authors, up there with Iain Banks and Alastair Reynolds.

#141 dante_calypso

dante_calypso

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Love the show guys! The Cagcast makes my day go by alot faster. I wanna hear more Cheapy in japan! Bring it!!

#142 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

Wombat seemed a bit cranky on this podcast.

Perhaps cheapy could give the Kasumi code to a cagcast listener. I'm sure one of us would make use of it.

Keep up the good work guys.

#143 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

Another great show guys. Keep up the great work.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#144 daniel pharos

daniel pharos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hi Cheapy, Wombat and Boatcrash,
I chose the wrong time when I started the podcast while having breakfast. *yuck* I do not really enjoy toilet talk shows.

But, I had to grin when you mentioned your son and your Iphone, Cheapy. Same here, my 3-year-old and I play Iphone every night at bedtime, he loves Dark Nebula, and Action Bowling, but we usually rotate through our game collection. It's also a big ace up my sleave in restaurants. As I earn my bread in the game industry, I think it's OK to pass this on, too. Yea, old school parents will shake their head, but I want to see how far their children will come in 20 years with their crayon skills.

This makes me think of a question: How do you think the world will be like when our sons are grown up, especially concerning the use of technology, devices, interfaces? Will the next generation still know how to use a pen? A controller? How will video games be like? Shitbox Implants maybe? Voice or thought control?

Make a wild guess! I will listen back then and see if you have been right...

- Daniel Pharos
Composer & Sound Designer for Games
http://www.KnightsOfSoundtrack.com

#145 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Great show guys, really enjoyed it.

Also I think Wombat has some nerve to have a go at Cheapy's "Hackers on the PS3" bit for being boring when a few pod-casts ago he sat for 5 mins reading out a list of Twitter user names !! :lol:

But yeah, a good pod-cast all told.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#146 davucini

davucini

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

npd numbers came out today, looks like all 3 cagcasters were wrong with their predictions.

#147 cplater

cplater

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

I can hardly wait. I'm only 2 weeks behind now :(
Posted Image
Check out Dropbox!

#148 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:30 PM

Cheapy, you didn't really get the full situation on PS3 piracy. In fact the Sony firmware update was a direct response to hackers finally getting full system access back in January. You can get the details at http://arstechnica.c...gets-hacked.ars

And full system access makes piracy is more likely - at least that's what Sony thinks. So yes, it was a preemptive strike against piracy.

#149 Rooster752

Rooster752

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

I never get tired of the toilet talk. Cheapy, would you miss your high-tech toilets if you moved back to the states? What would you miss most about Japan if you ever relocated?
For Xbox Indie Game and XBLA reviews go to www.armlessoctopus.com

#150 the_void

the_void

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

always good to see a new podcast :)