• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#271 Default09

Default09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

Thinking about Pirates! Not sure yet.

Edit: I played Pirates! on PSP. Is the PC version far superior with a bunch of content that the PSP version lacks?

#272 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Shitastic week. Nothing I could possibly get excited about. Wonderful.

#273 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hoping this causes a great Steam sale in the near future as there's little here I want...

#274 80473Y3

80473Y3

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hoping this causes a great Steam sale in the near future as there's little here I want...

Same here. If they put Just Cause 2 on sale i would get that in a heartbeat! sadly, after the first week's sale, there was nothing i really needed to buy.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#275 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

Same here. If they put Just Cause 2 on sale i would get that in a heartbeat! sadly, after the first week's sale, there was nothing i really needed to buy.

Same here.

First week was pretty good, but it just got worse from there. What's worse is that Week 4 had repeat deals.

#276 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Even the D2D-phobic can get in on this week's sale (but why are they reading this?) as AI:War and Zenith Remnant's keys should be transferable to Steam.

Current Steam price: $30

Defense Grid keys can also be activated on Steam. If you like tower defense and don't have it yet....GET IT NOW! :)

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#277 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

I can vouch for Defense Grid, but I got it for $2.50 during Steam's Holiday Sale. Still, $5 for the game is still a great price.

It's worth noting, too, that you can download the bonus levels (Originally exclusive to the 360 version.) off of Steam for free with the game.

I felt like I underpaid heavily when I played through Defense Grid. It's a great, fun, and simple Defense game.

#278 mramazing

mramazing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

Still trying to decide if i should bite on defense grid................

#279 GreySpear

GreySpear

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

Still trying to decide if i should bite on defense grid................

It is a terrific TD game, well worth $5. Heck it was worth the $10 I paid.

#280 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Yes. Exactly. I'd take a sale on Just Cause 2 as right about now is when the fever is dying down and it needs a boost. A sale on Battlefield Bad Company 2 would be well timed, too.

On the other hand, the older games I'd love to see on sale are Crysis (and Warhead), Fear 2, hell, I wish they'd bring Fear (1) to Steam.

Here's hoping for a great midweek anyway and not a, "Modern Warfare 2 is 5% off..... you're welcome!"

#281 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

I bought it last week from D2D on my Win 7 Pro 64bit and I have had no issues with any of the CIV4 stuff.

i run win7 pro64 also and had to paste a paste a couple .dll files. took a couple minutes.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#282 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

i run win7 pro64 also and had to paste a paste a couple .dll files. took a couple minutes.

i did too, also win7pro 64. i thought it may have been due to having the disc civ4 installed, then installing the d2d version over top(didn't work), uninstalling both of them, and then reinstalling d2d version.

no big deal. all is well.

#283 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

I'd have to say my reaction to this sale has been an odd mixture of disappointment and relief. I'm disappointed in the sales, but at least relieved that I'm not spending more money when I have a metric ton of games to play right now.
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#284 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

Defense Grid keys can also be activated on Steam. If you like tower defense and don't have it yet....GET IT NOW! :)

The only thing stopping me--and this is where I become a true CAG--is that I know it will eventually be $2.50 again, and I have plenty to play between now and then... Hmm...

#285 halflifedave

halflifedave

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone know how to set custom resolutions for the d2d version of swat 4? Can't find the files every other site suggest for going widescreen.

edit: ignore the above post. I do urge people to get swat 4 though. Great game for a great price.

Edited by halflifedave, 04 May 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#286 Bob A. Booey

Bob A. Booey

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

Anyone recommend Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

#287 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

Anyone recommend Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines?

Definitely, very underrated rpg yet somewhat dated (uses Hife-life 2 engine). The developer is gone but this game is great especially for people who love rpg. Recommended.

BTW: make sure you get the latest unofficial patch for the game.