Photo
- - - - -

NEW Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle - w/ Edge + CAG16 $60.xx + S/H + Tax @ GS

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 randomthinker

randomthinker

Demonic Imperator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Original Price isd $79.99. No idea why but used game discounts work, but they do. Edge for $8, CAG16 for $12. New discounts don't work, ie 15NEW.

Shipping is flat $4.99 for value OR ground.
Quantity is limited.

Link:
http://www.gamestop....sfU9fq3BUDteOcQ

Credit to DJ3xclusive at SD for finding the original deal and me for sprucing it up :)

Promote Infantile Spasms Awareness: Marissa's Bunny
Posted Image

#2 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

I'd assume the discounts work because of this little blurb:

"During our annual spring cleaning, one of our associates came across a forgotten chamber in the warehouse. He found a cache of leftover music games. These are all new games, but the ravages of time and being entombed in the depths of our warehouse have left some of the boxes in less-than-mint condition. So, although the outsides may be a little worn – just like some of your favorite musicians – the game itself is still in perfect shape. Our discovery translates to huge savings for you compared to the original new prices."

#3 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

Thats weird wonder if any other new game works

#4 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

I'd assume the discounts work because of this little blurb:

"During our annual spring cleaning, one of our associates came across a forgotten chamber in the warehouse. He found a cache of leftover music games. These are all new games, but the ravages of time and being entombed in the depths of our warehouse have left some of the boxes in less-than-mint condition. So, although the outsides may be a little worn – just like some of your favorite musicians – the game itself is still in perfect shape. Our discovery translates to huge savings for you compared to the original new prices."

It's the same bit as the Music games sale last summer. I bought two guitar sets from that sale and the boxes were actually completely fine. There was nothing used-ish about them.

#5 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

This comes out to $60.47 + tax for me. Good deal but I already have everything except the Beatles game.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#6 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Why does the picture show the RB special edition and the Beatles software?

#7 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Why does the picture show the RB special edition and the Beatles software?

It's the complete Rock Band 2 set, with the RB2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. And then it is the Beatles Rock Band game. I busted my drums and mic, and I never got The Beatles Rock Band, even though I love The Beatles, so I think I'm grabbing this. The many gift cards I have makes it a lot easier to pay $70 for some plastic instruments.

EDIT- 25OFF works with it if you can find another $20.01 worth of stuff you want. I think I'm grabbing Oblivion and Fifa 07 with this and doing it that way. I'm not sure if EDGE stacks with 25OFF, since mine expired awhile ago, but it might be a pretty healthy 35% off with that.

#8 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

It's the complete Rock Band 2 set, with the RB2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. And then it is the Beatles Rock Band game. I busted my drums and mic, and I never got The Beatles Rock Band, even though I love The Beatles, so I think I'm grabbing this. The many gift cards I have makes it a lot easier to pay $70 for some plastic instruments.

EDIT- 25OFF works with it if you can find another $20.01 worth of stuff you want. I think I'm grabbing Oblivion and Fifa 07 with this and doing it that way. I'm not sure if EDGE stacks with 25OFF, since mine expired awhile ago, but it might be a pretty healthy 35% off with that.

edge stacks with 25off just tried it
Posted Image

#9 The Smilkman

The Smilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

If this was for the PS3, then I would have been all over it.

#10 yodathe3rd

yodathe3rd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

i wish they had this deal for the playstation 3 version if they did i would be all over this.
Posted Image

#11 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

edge stacks with 25off just tried it

This deal's hot then, thanks for checking. Ordered it without EDGE, but it probably would have been worth buying the discount card just for this. Oh well. Thanks for posting the deal, OP.

This is on the Game Stop front page as the daily deal, and it says for the first 100 customers only, so I guess it will be gone soon.

#12 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

The title should be changed since its basically Rock Band 2 bundle w/ Beatles Rock Band. IIRC, the last time they did this "boxes could be damaged" deal, people reported that theirs were used.

#13 frankcastle

frankcastle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

DAMN IT. i just bought a rock band 2 bundle the other day at full price.

#14 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Which is better - RB2 bundle + TBRB or Beatles limited edition full band kit for $60?

sig.gif

#15 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

RB2 + TBRB is better - the value edition has RB1 instruments.

Crunchewy.png

#16 Neci

Neci

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

Which is better - RB2 bundle + TBRB or Beatles limited edition full band kit for $60?

Why, is the Beatles Limited Edition bundle available somewhere for $60? Because that would be awesome, especially if I could get it for PS3. :D

#17 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

OK, I need something that costs as close to 2 cents as possible. I've got this and the Kanto region Pokemon guide and I'm 2 cents short. :)

Crunchewy.png

#18 Neci

Neci

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

Lots of used sports games available for 99 cents. Take your pick!

#19 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

Never mind. I decided to drop the Pokemon guide and add a used copy of Lego Rock Band ($24.99 used) instead. 35% off is fantastic! I get RB2 Special Edition, Beatles: Rock Band and Lego Rock Band for $80.10 shipped (with 6% tax and $4.99 special handling). That's just too good of a deal to pass up!

Crunchewy.png

#20 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

Great deal, I almost want to grab this even though I have everything, for a gift or something.
Posted Image

#21 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Awesome thanks, i'll try this and see.
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#22 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

RB2 + TBRB is better - the value edition has RB1 instruments.

Why, is the Beatles Limited Edition bundle available somewhere for $60? Because that would be awesome, especially if I could get it for PS3. :D

Target Clearance Thread

sig.gif

#23 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Target Clearance Thread

good luck trying to actually find one at a target, theyre apparently around 35 dollars now

#24 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Great deal, I almost want to grab this even though I have everything, for a gift or something.

I'm thinking the same thing. Already have 2 friends I can gift this to, one would get the Beatles game, the other the RB2 kit. Worse case scenario, I have an extra set of drums and mic. I could always use an extra guitar.

#25 dominator

dominator

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:53 PM

damn, nice deal, I'm very tempted to bite on this, though I won't be getting Splinter Cell: Conviction otherwise.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#26 sying

sying

Speedy1961 Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

dead

#27 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

good luck trying to actually find one at a target, theyre apparently around 35 dollars now

Damn, if I had a car I would have got one sooner. I kind of doubt "the Target" that I knew had one still does, but its only a phone call away!

Just kidding, I never get any good clearance deals.

sig.gif

#28 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, I already checked all the local Targets. There are no Beatles bundles of any kind in site around here and haven't been for a while. If you find one, though, go for it obviously! Otherwise, this is an amazing deal... at least if my set arrives in good shape. Hell, it's still better. I get RB2 with instruments plus rock band Beatles plus Lego Rock Band for $80 shipped. That's less then $20 more then the Beatles bundle alone after you add tax. Admittedly I don't get the Mic stand or the extra piece of plastic for the drums, nor the Beatles guitar that hardly anyone seems to prefer to the RB2 guitar. I think I'll live!

Crunchewy.png

#29 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:27 AM

I'm pretty sure the $35 reported in the Target thread is for the game only.

I got one of the :ps3: Beatles Rock Band bundles for $62.xx. I don't think the bundles dropped lower than that.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#30 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

I'm pretty sure the $35 reported in the Target thread is for the game only.

I got one of the :ps3: Beatles Rock Band bundles for $62.xx. I don't think the bundles dropped lower than that.

someone on slickdeals got it, they werent supposeto be sold under the 60 dolla drop but s/he got it for like 32 bucks