NEW Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle - w/ Edge + CAG16 $60.xx + S/H + Tax @ GS

I'd assume the discounts work because of this little blurb:

"During our annual spring cleaning, one of our associates came across a forgotten chamber in the warehouse. He found a cache of leftover music games. These are all new games, but the ravages of time and being entombed in the depths of our warehouse have left some of the boxes in less-than-mint condition. So, although the outsides may be a little worn – just like some of your favorite musicians – the game itself is still in perfect shape. Our discovery translates to huge savings for you compared to the original new prices."

[quote name='TimPV3']I'd assume the discounts work because of this little blurb:

"During our annual spring cleaning, one of our associates came across a forgotten chamber in the warehouse. He found a cache of leftover music games. These are all new games, but the ravages of time and being entombed in the depths of our warehouse have left some of the boxes in less-than-mint condition. So, although the outsides may be a little worn – just like some of your favorite musicians – the game itself is still in perfect shape. Our discovery translates to huge savings for you compared to the original new prices."[/QUOTE]
It's the same bit as the Music games sale last summer. I bought two guitar sets from that sale and the boxes were actually completely fine. There was nothing used-ish about them.

This comes out to $60.47 + tax for me. Good deal but I already have everything except the Beatles game.

[quote name='Gertle627']Why does the picture show the RB special edition and the Beatles software?[/QUOTE]It's the complete Rock Band 2 set, with the RB2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. And then it is the Beatles Rock Band game. I busted my drums and mic, and I never got The Beatles Rock Band, even though I love The Beatles, so I think I'm grabbing this. The many gift cards I have makes it a lot easier to pay $70 for some plastic instruments.

EDIT- 25OFF works with it if you can find another $20.01 worth of stuff you want. I think I'm grabbing Oblivion and Fifa 07 with this and doing it that way. I'm not sure if EDGE stacks with 25OFF, since mine expired awhile ago, but it might be a pretty healthy 35% off with that.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']It's the complete Rock Band 2 set, with the RB2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. And then it is the Beatles Rock Band game. I busted my drums and mic, and I never got The Beatles Rock Band, even though I love The Beatles, so I think I'm grabbing this. The many gift cards I have makes it a lot easier to pay $70 for some plastic instruments.

EDIT- 25OFF works with it if you can find another $20.01 worth of stuff you want. I think I'm grabbing Oblivion and Fifa 07 with this and doing it that way. I'm not sure if EDGE stacks with 25OFF, since mine expired awhile ago, but it might be a pretty healthy 35% off with that.[/QUOTE]

edge stacks with 25off just tried it

[quote name='bringerofdeath']edge stacks with 25off just tried it[/QUOTE]This deal's hot then, thanks for checking. Ordered it without EDGE, but it probably would have been worth buying the discount card just for this. Oh well. Thanks for posting the deal, OP.

This is on the Game Stop front page as the daily deal, and it says for the first 100 customers only, so I guess it will be gone soon.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']It's the complete Rock Band 2 set, with the RB2 game, drums, guitar, and mic. And then it is the Beatles Rock Band game. I busted my drums and mic, and I never got The Beatles Rock Band, even though I love The Beatles, so I think I'm grabbing this. The many gift cards I have makes it a lot easier to pay $70 for some plastic instruments.[/QUOTE]
The title should be changed since its basically Rock Band 2 bundle w/ Beatles Rock Band. IIRC, the last time they did this "boxes could be damaged" deal, people reported that theirs were used.

[quote name='Doomed']Which is better - RB2 bundle + TBRB or Beatles limited edition full band kit for $60?[/QUOTE]

Why, is the Beatles Limited Edition bundle available somewhere for $60? Because that would be awesome, especially if I could get it for PS3. :D

OK, I need something that costs as close to 2 cents as possible. I've got this and the Kanto region Pokemon guide and I'm 2 cents short. :)

Never mind. I decided to drop the Pokemon guide and add a used copy of Lego Rock Band ($24.99 used) instead. 35% off is fantastic! I get RB2 Special Edition, Beatles: Rock Band and Lego Rock Band for $80.10 shipped (with 6% tax and $4.99 special handling). That's just too good of a deal to pass up!

[quote name='Doomed']Which is better - RB2 bundle + TBRB or Beatles limited edition full band kit for $60?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='crunchewy']RB2 + TBRB is better - the value edition has RB1 instruments.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Neci']Why, is the Beatles Limited Edition bundle available somewhere for $60? Because that would be awesome, especially if I could get it for PS3. :D[/QUOTE]
Target Clearance Thread

[quote name='Doomed']Target Clearance Thread[/QUOTE]
good luck trying to actually find one at a target, theyre apparently around 35 dollars now

[quote name='mang9432']Great deal, I almost want to grab this even though I have everything, for a gift or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. Already have 2 friends I can gift this to, one would get the Beatles game, the other the RB2 kit. Worse case scenario, I have an extra set of drums and mic. I could always use an extra guitar.

[quote name='songoku0987']good luck trying to actually find one at a target, theyre apparently around 35 dollars now[/QUOTE]
Damn, if I had a car I would have got one sooner. I kind of doubt "the Target" that I knew had one still does, but its only a phone call away!

Just kidding, I never get any good clearance deals.

Yeah, I already checked all the local Targets. There are no Beatles bundles of any kind in site around here and haven't been for a while. If you find one, though, go for it obviously! Otherwise, this is an amazing deal... at least if my set arrives in good shape. Hell, it's still better. I get RB2 with instruments plus rock band Beatles plus Lego Rock Band for $80 shipped. That's less then $20 more then the Beatles bundle alone after you add tax. Admittedly I don't get the Mic stand or the extra piece of plastic for the drums, nor the Beatles guitar that hardly anyone seems to prefer to the RB2 guitar. I think I'll live!

[quote name='songoku0987']good luck trying to actually find one at a target, theyre apparently around 35 dollars now[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the $35 reported in the Target thread is for the game only.

I got one of the :ps3: Beatles Rock Band bundles for $62.xx. I don't think the bundles dropped lower than that.

[quote name='autopiloton']I'm pretty sure the $35 reported in the Target thread is for the game only.

I got one of the :ps3: Beatles Rock Band bundles for $62.xx. I don't think the bundles dropped lower than that.[/QUOTE]

someone on slickdeals got it, they werent supposeto be sold under the 60 dolla drop but s/he got it for like 32 bucks

I'm glad I got in on this while it was available. Look forward to receiving my bundle and... what's this?... RB2 SE for Wii is selling for outrageous prices on ebay! Looks like I'll make a profit in the upgrade. That's a nice bonus to say the least!

Already got my package (took about 24 hours). The box is of The Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition, though, instead of the RB2 bundle + The Beatles like it said it was in the description. Looks like I may have gotten screwed on this if it has the old drums, as that's the main reason I got this. I'll probably be keeping it either way, so I'll let you guys know if inside the box is what I ordered.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Already got my package (took about 24 hours). The box is of The Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition, though, instead of the RB2 bundle + The Beatles like it said it was in the description. Looks like I may have gotten screwed on this if it has the old drums, as that's the main reason I got this. I'll probably be keeping it either way, so I'll let you guys know if inside the box is what I ordered.[/QUOTE]
i will never visit a gamestop again if i got fucked over on this deal, i knew it was too good to be true

[quote name='songoku0987']i will never visit a gamestop again if i got fucked over on this deal, i knew it was too good to be true[/QUOTE]

They can't ship us a different product than the one that we ordered.. can they? I mean, if we raise enough hell with their customer service, what are the chances of either getting a partial refund or a copy of RB 2 (the only thing really missing from what was advertised)?

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Already got my package (took about 24 hours). The box is of The Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition, though, instead of the RB2 bundle + The Beatles like it said it was in the description. Looks like I may have gotten screwed on this if it has the old drums, as that's the main reason I got this. I'll probably be keeping it either way, so I'll let you guys know if inside the box is what I ordered.[/QUOTE]
fuck. Did you at least get the Rock Band 2 software?

Just got back home and opened up the box, and all it has is RB1 drums, RB1 guitar, mic, USB hub, and The Beatles game itself. Probably still worth the $60 (plus tax and $5 handling fee), but was really hoping I would get the RB2 drums. I'll send them an email, but if the only thing they can do for me is offer a refund, I'll probably keep it.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Just got back home and opened up the box, and all it has is RB1 drums, RB1 guitar, mic, USB hub, and The Beatles game itself. Probably still worth the $60 (plus tax and $5 handling fee), but was really hoping I would get the RB2 drums. I'll send them an email, but if the only thing they can do for me is offer a refund, I'll probably keep it.[/QUOTE]
What a load of bullshit. Not only were the wrong set of instruments sent out, but they didn't even send the Rock Band 2 software? That's straight up false advertising. Bait-and-switch. Whatever you want to call it, it's illegal, and I'm pissed off.

I took a screencap of the product and its description (thank God for Google's cache, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible). You can clearly see what it states. I'm not about to let myself go unheard. If I get my bundle and it's not exactly how it's described, I'm calling customer service straight away and demanding what they advertised.
EDIT: Because I fail at including images from my Desktop: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...top&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

i emailed them, thanks for the screen cap link, hopefully i dont get a runaround, i dont want my money back, i want what was intended to be purchased! its fucking illegal to be doing what theyre doing, the picture even showed what they meant!

Ok, that is utter bullshit. Now I'm no longer looking forward to receiving my bundle. I'm going to just return the whole thing in store. We can do that, right? I really wanted the RB2 instruments and RB2 game. Getting the value edition with RB1 instruments and without RB2 game is bullshit and not what was advertised.

I just emailed them about my order. I haven't received it yet, but I see in my shipment notice that it says "Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition Bundle", with no mention of RB2, so I guess I"m screwed. They better take a return in store. Otherwise I will ship it back to them.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just emailed them about my order. I haven't received it yet, but I see in my shipment notice that it says "Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition Bundle", with no mention of RB2, so I guess I"m screwed. They better take a return in store. Otherwise I will ship it back to them.[/QUOTE]
fuck that shit. I'm not paying return shipping because Gamestop failed to give me what they advertised in their product description, and I don't think any of us should have to, either. I'm going to have a nice, long talk with whoever I speak to over the phone when I get my bundle. I'll let you all know how it goes.

That's straight up crazy shit. GS really messed this up...

From Amazon:
The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Edition for Xbox 360 Includes:

• The Beatles: Rock Band software for Xbox 360
  • Standard Rock Band controllers and accessories, including:
    • Rock Band guitar
    • Rock Band drum kit, with sticks
    • Rock Band microphone
  • Game manual and controller assembly instructions
But GS CLEARLY stated RB2 and a copy of RB:Beatles "thrown in"... Which would have made it a hell of a deal. As it was, the Beatles "Special Edition" bundle was pretty crappy to start with.

[quote name='dmz5e']They can't ship us a different product than the one that we ordered.. can they? I mean, if we raise enough hell with their customer service, what are the chances of either getting a partial refund or a copy of RB 2 (the only thing really missing from what was advertised)?[/QUOTE]

Hell - the copy of RB2 isn't the only thing missing. You guys got a WIRED set of instruments rather than the wireless set that was RB2 standard... WAY different than what GS advertised...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Hell - the copy of RB2 isn't the only thing missing. You guys got a WIRED set of instruments rather than the wireless set that was RB2 standard... WAY different than what GS advertised...[/QUOTE]

Agreed - i wanted the RB2 instruments, not RB1 instruments! So they need to send us a RB2 Special Edition Bundle. I wouldn't even mind if they let me return the Special Value Edition, minus the Beatles game, in store, and shipped a RB2:Special Edition separate.

I suppose I should wait and see what actually arrives, though. Maybe I will get what was advertised.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Hell - the copy of RB2 isn't the only thing missing. You guys got a WIRED set of instruments rather than the wireless set that was RB2 standard... WAY different than what GS advertised...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. I didn't notice that the Beatles special value edition came with RB1 instruments. That is absolute bullshit. They had better sort out their mess, or I am going to be fucking furious.

My friend placed an order for this the other day using my account and Edge card, and now I'm getting emails from them saying they can't verify the card. Trying to fix everything to make it work.

bread's done
Back