Photo
- - - - -

NEW Rock Band Beatles Special Value Bundle - w/ Edge + CAG16 $60.xx + S/H + Tax @ GS

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm glad I got in on this while it was available. Look forward to receiving my bundle and... what's this?... RB2 SE for Wii is selling for outrageous prices on ebay! Looks like I'll make a profit in the upgrade. That's a nice bonus to say the least!

Crunchewy.png

#32 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:27 PM

Already got my package (took about 24 hours). The box is of The Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition, though, instead of the RB2 bundle + The Beatles like it said it was in the description. Looks like I may have gotten screwed on this if it has the old drums, as that's the main reason I got this. I'll probably be keeping it either way, so I'll let you guys know if inside the box is what I ordered.

#33 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

Already got my package (took about 24 hours). The box is of The Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition, though, instead of the RB2 bundle + The Beatles like it said it was in the description. Looks like I may have gotten screwed on this if it has the old drums, as that's the main reason I got this. I'll probably be keeping it either way, so I'll let you guys know if inside the box is what I ordered.

i will never visit a gamestop again if i got fucked over on this deal, i knew it was too good to be true

#34 dmz5e

dmz5e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

i will never visit a gamestop again if i got fucked over on this deal, i knew it was too good to be true

They can't ship us a different product than the one that we ordered.. can they? I mean, if we raise enough hell with their customer service, what are the chances of either getting a partial refund or a copy of RB 2 (the only thing really missing from what was advertised)?

#35 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:59 AM

Fuck. Did you at least get the Rock Band 2 software?

#36 icele

icele

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

wow that's bs imma have to give them a call.

#37 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:40 AM

Just got back home and opened up the box, and all it has is RB1 drums, RB1 guitar, mic, USB hub, and The Beatles game itself. Probably still worth the $60 (plus tax and $5 handling fee), but was really hoping I would get the RB2 drums. I'll send them an email, but if the only thing they can do for me is offer a refund, I'll probably keep it.

#38 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

Just got back home and opened up the box, and all it has is RB1 drums, RB1 guitar, mic, USB hub, and The Beatles game itself. Probably still worth the $60 (plus tax and $5 handling fee), but was really hoping I would get the RB2 drums. I'll send them an email, but if the only thing they can do for me is offer a refund, I'll probably keep it.

What a load of bullshit. Not only were the wrong set of instruments sent out, but they didn't even send the Rock Band 2 software? That's straight up false advertising. Bait-and-switch. Whatever you want to call it, it's illegal, and I'm pissed off.

I took a screencap of the product and its description (thank God for Google's cache, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible). You can clearly see what it states. I'm not about to let myself go unheard. If I get my bundle and it's not exactly how it's described, I'm calling customer service straight away and demanding what they advertised.
EDIT: Because I fail at including images from my Desktop: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LillQ3onBjYJ:www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx%3Fsku%3D952985+Beatles+Special+Value+Edition+Gamestop&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

#39 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

i emailed them, thanks for the screen cap link, hopefully i dont get a runaround, i dont want my money back, i want what was intended to be purchased! its fucking illegal to be doing what theyre doing, the picture even showed what they meant!

#40 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

Ok, that is utter bullshit. Now I'm no longer looking forward to receiving my bundle. I'm going to just return the whole thing in store. We can do that, right? I really wanted the RB2 instruments and RB2 game. Getting the value edition with RB1 instruments and without RB2 game is bullshit and not what was advertised.

Crunchewy.png

#41 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

I just emailed them about my order. I haven't received it yet, but I see in my shipment notice that it says "Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition Bundle", with no mention of RB2, so I guess I"m screwed. They better take a return in store. Otherwise I will ship it back to them.

Crunchewy.png

#42 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I just emailed them about my order. I haven't received it yet, but I see in my shipment notice that it says "Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition Bundle", with no mention of RB2, so I guess I"m screwed. They better take a return in store. Otherwise I will ship it back to them.

Fuck that shit. I'm not paying return shipping because Gamestop failed to give me what they advertised in their product description, and I don't think any of us should have to, either. I'm going to have a nice, long talk with whoever I speak to over the phone when I get my bundle. I'll let you all know how it goes.

#43 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

That's straight up crazy shit. GS really messed this up...

From Amazon:
The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Edition for Xbox 360 Includes:

• The Beatles: Rock Band software for Xbox 360
  • Standard Rock Band controllers and accessories, including:
    • Rock Band guitar
    • Rock Band drum kit, with sticks
    • Rock Band microphone
  • Game manual and controller assembly instructions
But GS CLEARLY stated RB2 and a copy of RB:Beatles "thrown in"... Which would have made it a hell of a deal. As it was, the Beatles "Special Edition" bundle was pretty crappy to start with.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#44 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

They can't ship us a different product than the one that we ordered.. can they? I mean, if we raise enough hell with their customer service, what are the chances of either getting a partial refund or a copy of RB 2 (the only thing really missing from what was advertised)?

Hell - the copy of RB2 isn't the only thing missing. You guys got a WIRED set of instruments rather than the wireless set that was RB2 standard... WAY different than what GS advertised...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#45 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hell - the copy of RB2 isn't the only thing missing. You guys got a WIRED set of instruments rather than the wireless set that was RB2 standard... WAY different than what GS advertised...

Agreed - i wanted the RB2 instruments, not RB1 instruments! So they need to send us a RB2 Special Edition Bundle. I wouldn't even mind if they let me return the Special Value Edition, minus the Beatles game, in store, and shipped a RB2:Special Edition separate.

I suppose I should wait and see what actually arrives, though. Maybe I will get what was advertised.

Crunchewy.png

#46 dmz5e

dmz5e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, it is. I didn't notice that the Beatles special value edition came with RB1 instruments. That is absolute bullshit. They had better sort out their mess, or I am going to be fucking furious.

#47 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

http://www.gamestop....x/B200538Ab.jpg
their image EVEN SHOWS the rock band 2 bundle and the beatles rock band

#48 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

My friend placed an order for this the other day using my account and Edge card, and now I'm getting emails from them saying they can't verify the card. Trying to fix everything to make it work.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#49 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

My friend placed an order for this the other day using my account and Edge card, and now I'm getting emails from them saying they can't verify the card. Trying to fix everything to make it work.

Why would you want to "fix it" at this point? They aren't shipping what they said they were.

Crunchewy.png

#50 wallcrawler62

wallcrawler62

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

A friend just received this and they sent him the Beatles Rockband Special Value Edition, definitely not what was advertised. When calling customer service to complain? Disconnected of course. Everytime gamestop runs a deal on gamestop.com something shady happens. I'm getting really tired of their BS. Anyone have any luck getting their orders fixed?

#51 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image …And that's why you don't shop at Gamestop! Posted Image

– J. Walter Weatherman

#52 wallcrawler62

wallcrawler62

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

After talking on the phone for about half an hour and the Customer Service rep yanking his chain my buddy finally convinced him he new they sent him the wrong thing. They claim to be sending the right one, we'll see how that goes.

#53 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

After talking on the phone for about half an hour and the Customer Service rep yanking his chain my buddy finally convinced him he new they sent him the wrong thing. They claim to be sending the right one, we'll see how that goes.

Awesome. I'll be calling Customer Service in a few minutes. I think it's safe to say at this point I know I won't be getting the right product.

EDIT: Just got off the phone. I explained to a guy the situation, linked him to Google's cache, and he went to go ask some questions to someone else. He came back saying that what was described on the page is what's being shipped to me, but I don't believe it. I'll just have to call back again whenever I actually get the bundle. He did say that if what was shipped to me wasn't what I ordered, I could ship it back and they could send me the right thing, or I could get a full refund. Either way, I'll hate to pay to ship it back to them, but an extra $5 for the right bundle sounds kind of good right now.

Edited by Jackie Chandler, 14 April 2010 - 05:08 PM.

#54 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

Awesome. I'll be calling Customer Service in a few minutes. I think it's safe to say at this point I know I won't be getting the right product.

EDIT: Just got off the phone. I explained to a guy the situation, linked him to Google's cache, and he went to go ask some questions to someone else. He came back saying that what was described on the page is what's being shipped to me, but I don't believe it. I'll just have to call back again whenever I actually get the bundle. He did say that if what was shipped to me wasn't what I ordered, I could ship it back and they could send me the right thing, or I could get a full refund. Either way, I'll hate to pay to ship it back to them, but an extra $5 for the right bundle sounds kind of good right now.

i just called too, its suppose to come in tomorrow, if its not what i ordered, im calling back. amazon has it for 75 dollars with FREE two day shipping. Fuck game stop

#55 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

i just called too, its suppose to come in tomorrow, if its not what i ordered, im calling back. amazon has it for 75 dollars with FREE two day shipping. Fuck game stop

Part of what made this such a good deal was that it was the Rock Band 2 Bundle with Beatles Rock Band thrown in for free- after CAG16+Edge, it came down to about $65+tax shipped. That's a much better deal than Amazon's RB2 Bundle alone, which is $134.54.

This scenario reminds me a while back of when people ordered Lunar: Silver Star Harmony from Best Buy when the LE was being advertised, got the standard edition, and didn't do much about it. The most I remember people doing was going to get a refund in-store. If they had made their voices heard, Best Buy would have likely provided some form of compensation. And I feel the same way about Gamestop. The more people complain about it, the more likely Gamestop will do something about it- especially in this blatant case of false advertising.

#56 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Well, maybe I'll end up with the right thing - maybe sone were in error. I could see that happening seeing how they called this a beatles rock band value bundle. Stupid thing to name it given the existing product. Since I picked value shipping it's going to be a while I guess. If it's wrong I'm going to call and ask them to cover the return shipping fee.

#57 songoku0987

songoku0987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Well, maybe I'll end up with the right thing - maybe sone were in error. I could see that happening seeing how they called this a beatles rock band value bundle. Stupid thing to name it given the existing product. Since I picked value shipping it's going to be a while I guess. If it's wrong I'm going to call and ask them to cover the return shipping fee.

i picked value shipping and they said it was ups 3 day ground

edit... erm... ill post my reaction in a couple days... holy shit

Edited by songoku0987, 14 April 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#58 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

I got an email response and they said you could do returns in store, so if they sent the Beatles RB1 value edition, I'm just going to return it in store.

EDIT: also I found out that my shipping is also via UPS. The funny thing is when you click the tracking link it takes you to USPS, but it says it can't track the number there. So I copied and pasted into the tracking form at ups.com and there it was. Expected delivery date is Friday. I'm starting to feel slightly (emphasis on slightly) hopeful that the initial shipments were in error and maybe mine will be right. Fingers crossed.

Edited by crunchewy, 15 April 2010 - 02:03 AM.

Crunchewy.png

#59 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

I had a few emails with a rep, and he said that I could return it in store, but it looks like the $5 handling fee isn't refundable according to their return policy. I made it clear that I wanted them to send me the RB2 bundle, but all he said was that I can return it either in store or ship it back for a refund. As much as the RB2 drums would have been nice, I think I'm keeping the bundle. I paid with mostly gift cards, and there isn't anything else I really want. I paid $60 (plus tax and the $5 handling). The Beatles is worth $20, the drums $20, the mic $10, and... well the guitar is useless since I already have 3, but I'll give it a $10 value. So, this is still worth keeping for me.

#60 dmz5e

dmz5e

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Pending the learning contents of everyone else's shipment, I plan to go to a gamestop store before I open the package, ask a manager to watch as I open the package and show him the contents and the page with the product that I actually order. Anyone think this will give me a few more bargaining chips when trying to get the correct product? I don't want to be accused of trying to scam them by trying to exchange a Beatles Rock Band Special Value Bundle for a RB2 bundle, so I think that opening the package in front of a manager will allow them to see that I did not swap out the contents.