Fun Co-op games "girlfriend friendly"

GME92

CAGiversary!
Hi guys, up until now I've been mostly a lurker here on this site and these forums. This is a really great community and I've personally benefited from a lot of great deals posted here.

Anyways, my girlfriend has a great interest in video games, so I'm looking for any great co-op games on the PS3 and Xbox 360 that's "girlfriend friendly". In other words Army of Two, Gears of War, etc is pretty much out of the question...If anyone knows of any it would be a lot of help. Thanks!

-Andrew

Rock Band I and II (ps3 or 360)
Little Big Planet (ps3)
Buzz Quiz TV Party and World Quiz. (ps3)
Scene It (360)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo for PSN or XBLA

Definitely Little Big Planet. That's the only co-op game I've been able to get my wife into, since I only have a PS3.

If you want to spend some money and pickup a Wii, you could probably get her to play New Super Mario Bros. My wife loves playing that every time we go over to her parent's house.

Why not Left 4 Dead 1 or 2? I have a female friend who was a casual gamer, and after I introduced her to L4D, that's all she loves to play now.

I wish I can get my girlfriend into shooters or anything with blood and gore. She only wants to play games that are "cute and adorable" We played LBP:GotY edition and she absolutely loves it cause it's cute.

Lego Indiana Jones is fun as well as Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise. My girlfriend also likes to play CoD WaW Nazi Zombies

Viva Pinata Party Animals - but it's kind of a party/kiddie game
anything in the Lego Franchise
Lips (if she's into singing games)

My fiance loves Pixeljunk Monsters, or "Save the Babies" as she calls it ;)

She likes little big planet, but got frustrated with some of the more difficult platforming. Same with new super mario bros. wii.

Why has no one said the console version of Baldur's Gate? It's backcomp, fantastic, and she gets to try on new outfits when she finds new armor!

Really, it still holds up. I can't wait for Snowblind to come out with their LOTR version.

My wife used to watch me play Halo 3 all the time and wanted to try one day. things lead to another and she got her own xbox live gamer tag. The same thing happened to my friends wife. They both would watch us play when we at each others houses. Its funny, when my friend or I would get pissed about something that happened on Halo they would say "geez guys its just a game" now that they play it they end up getting pissed about the same stuff. Hipocrites.lol

I had a blast playing Resident Evil 5 with my girlfriend. I would highly recommend that (and it's pretty cheap now). We also played through Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles (not that you were looking for Wii games but I saw someone else recommended some).

I would second the Baldur's Gate games on the PS2. Also the Champions of Norrath games. These games are easy to jump into, straight forward, and fun. My wife really enjoyed all four of the these games. She really liked the ability to customize her character and kicking ass with her character instead of trying to figure out how to use the controls.
I would recommend games with straight forward, simple control schemes. She can jump right into the game and concentrate more about playing, learning the objective, and having fun instead of getting frustrated with the controls.

The Marvel Alliance games are pretty good for easy co-op. And I totally agree with the old Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath games.

I loved playing Arkadian Warriors with my husband, I bet your girlfriend would love that :) (arcade game on the 360). Saints Row 2, is a GREAT co-op game too, Fairytale fights is pretty awesome, she may like Serious Sam, or maybe TMNT (turtles in time RS)

Scott Pilgrim versus the world is fun, its a simple game but worth the rewards of seeing the end of stage screens

Gotta go with Spiderman: Friend or Foe. Co-op games with the spouse or someone who rarely plays are best served when you're on screen together. I just cracked this open a week ago and this is one of those games, pretty easy, pretty easy to 1k if you print a guide out w/ all the items..

Me and my gf are always looking for games to play together.
So far me and my girl have played Spec ops on MW2, Left for dead 1&2, Halo 3 & ODST, COD WAW, Gears of War 1&2, and Fuzion Frenzy, and LBP on ps3. Occasionally I can get her to play madden with me on co-op, but I think she mostly does that for me.

Hey, i would make the suggestion of Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. I have been playing through it with my wife and she loves it. She can hold her own with COD4 and FPS's in general but she prefers the cute/cuddly and slower pacing. Castle Crashers is a good suggestion i saw posted as well, Worms Armageddon could be a pretty good one as well if you can stand the annoying worm voices.

My wife likes to play New Super Mario Bros and Critter Crunch co-op. We'll also sometimes work on some Professor Layton puzzles together. Avoid the competitive type multiplayer games unless she's into it. Mine no longer wants to play Dr. Mario because I kept pwning her in it. Couldn't bring myself to let her win just once..

[quote name='Bigrob029']Hey, i would make the suggestion of Lara Croft: Guardian of Light. I have been playing through it with my wife and she loves it. She can hold her own with COD4 and FPS's in general but she prefers the cute/cuddly and slower pacing. Castle Crashers is a good suggestion i saw posted as well, Worms Armageddon could be a pretty good one as well if you can stand the annoying worm voices.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this. Lara Croft is very fun 2 player co-op. CC and worms are also good.

bread's done
Back