Gamefly April Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#211 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

Got my order today, Punch-Out!! looks okay, not as great as I'd like it to be. Brutal Legend's disc just looks like utter shite, I'm pretty sad about it. I'm sure it will play though

#212 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

For anyone who cares: they seem to have restocked on Prototype ($10.64 with tax, just sayin). I've already beaten the game but picked up a copy anyways - I mean the game is practically free, after all - I just hope I don't get a copy that looks like its been dragged through hell or something. Though I did receive Tekken 6 from them recently in absolutely pristine condition. My mail woman even punched me in the face when she gave it to me. KO, first round.

#213 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Prototype.

Just ordered that and Ghostbusters for the PS3.

#214 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Gamefly called me today, gave me $5 in gamefly $ to use so i guess i didnt totally lose out on them screwing my order up.

Still pissed though. L4D2 $21, Ordered it on amazon since i dont trust them on it again $27 so i guess the gamefly $ makes it about equal : /

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#215 brux

brux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Got my Prototype last week. Was not pristine like ODST, just barely scuffed and plays fine.

#216 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Brutal Legend came in yesterday. A couple light scuffs, but overall it's in excellent shape.

#217 TheJerseyKush

TheJerseyKush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

i got prototype yesterday, i couldnt be happier, there is not one scratch on it and looks brand new, i know gamefly doesn't normally resurface discs, so either way i am happy with the quality i recieved, because i ordered fifa 09 from them and it was scratched to hell but still playable

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#218 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

i got prototype yesterday, i couldnt be happier, there is not one scratch on it and looks brand new, i know gamefly doesn't normally resurface discs, so either way i am happy with the quality i recieved, because i ordered fifa 09 from them and it was scratched to hell but still playable

same here. will be buying from gamefly more. heard their actual service sucks though from several people.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#219 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

i got brutal legend today and theres no scratches or anything but the outter edge of the disc is like chewed apart like a little mouse chewed on the edge. its very small but i hope it doesnt mess anything up.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#220 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Got Left 4 Dead 2 and Tekken 6 today. Everything was perfect except for Tekken 6's manual.

#221 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

Got Prototype and Xmen Origins: Wolverine. Both Games were complete and the cases look like new. The Prototype game was like new and the Wolverine game was kinda beat up but it looks like it will install.
Posted Image

#222 ethan1013

ethan1013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

Got my Left 4 Dead 2. It's in perfect shape.

same here. will be buying from gamefly more. heard their actual service sucks though from several people.

The first time I used gamefly the service was really good. That was back when it started. The last time I used the rental service. Which was almost 2 years ago. Shipping times were unbelievably slow. They were having issues with their discs get mishandled and or stolen by the post office. A friend of mine said shipping times are better now. I'll probably try it out again once I get through my backlog.

#223 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:36 AM

http://i118.photobuc...lsx/gamefly.jpg

On average I get games 2-3 days after they ship.

#224 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:20 AM

Their rental service is fine with me; takes 2 days for them to get my game, 2 days to get another back. It CAN fluctuate but still, I save so much money it's absurd...I haven't rented a game from a store in 5 years and I read they're nearly $10 per rental. So, tack that to what I get from gamefly(4-5 games a month) = $45....or with Gamefly = $16.

And of course, with promos like this, it makes it all the more better. If they were as quick as Netflix, it'd truly be an amazing service.

#225 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:04 AM

Man this is only the second time I have ordered a game from gamefly but both times have taken way to long to get my item. I ordered the country track pack the first night they put up this list and I still have yet to get it. Last time I ordered it took like 10 days from order tell I got it which I guess isn't horrible but considering I live in pittsburgh which is where one of their shipping centers in I could hope for a much faster time. Anyone else still waiting forever for their stuff or should I start to worry?

#226 JNKryo

JNKryo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Man this is only the second time I have ordered a game from gamefly but both times have taken way to long to get my item. I ordered the country track pack the first night they put up this list and I still have yet to get it. Last time I ordered it took like 10 days from order tell I got it which I guess isn't horrible but considering I live in pittsburgh which is where one of their shipping centers in I could hope for a much faster time. Anyone else still waiting forever for their stuff or should I start to worry?

That's strange. I've ordered a few games from them before, and they've always arrived in a decent amount of time. I'd wait another day or so before hitting the panic button.

#227 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Depends where they ship your order from it won't necessarily come from PA, it might come from the hubs in FL, or AZ, or CA, you never know. And didn't the email confirmation they send you come with some sort of tracking info? I thought it usually does. And yes, it can take awhile for your stuff to show up.

#228 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

I'm glad I bit on Prototype, I've been having alot of fun with it. The story is pretty decent and I like what they did with the faces in the cutscenes. Overall it's like the hulk meets gta meets assassins creed meets spiderman meets ... Heh. I could go on all day but even though it feels "familiar" it's keeping me interested so far.

#229 kyguy78

kyguy78

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

I picked up Brutal Legend and with my $5 off, I only payed $4.23 for it. Great deal for how fun it's been so far. Received it three days after I ordered and the disc and case looked brand new.

#230 habloc

habloc

--- ... ---

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

My prototype was also in perfect condition. Box, manual, and disk look new. I definitely prefer to order from then then gamestop if I can help it.

#231 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

I got Batman in today. Roughly a week after I ordered it and it came in great condition. Some very, very light scratches but it's fine. $10 is great!

#232 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

I expect my first game to show up maybe today, but I wonder - has anyone gotten tracking numbers of any kind on their order emails?

#233 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

I got Batman in today. Roughly a week after I ordered it and it came in great condition. Some very, very light scratches but it's fine. $10 is great!

you got batman for $10?!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#234 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

you got batman for $10?!

Well, I had a 5 GameFly dollars from the first 3 months and right before they expire, they give you another 5(usually 3 days before the previous dollars expire) so that stacked to take $10 off plus I got 5% off. After tax it was something like $11.09 :) This is why I love Gamefly.

#235 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Well, I had a 5 GameFly dollars from the first 3 months and right before they expire, they give you another 5(usually 3 days before the previous dollars expire) so that stacked to take $10 off plus I got 5% off. After tax it was something like $11.09 :) This is why I love Gamefly.

that's pretty awesome. you have to be a subscriber to their service for the $5 discounts?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#236 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

No their free shipping doesnt give any tracking info. I sent them an email today asking if they could check into it for me but tomorrow makes 2 full weeks since they said it shipped and it still hasn't shown up whether it was coming from one of their other warehouses or not.

#237 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

that's pretty awesome. you have to be a subscriber to their service for the $5 discounts?

After a few months you get a percentage discount and eventually $5 coupon.
Posted Image

#238 saosin42

saosin42

I eat too many pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:01 AM

I just opened my shipment of Prototype and there is no disc inside the case! GAH!

#239 blrobbin

blrobbin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

No their free shipping doesnt give any tracking info. I sent them an email today asking if they could check into it for me but tomorrow makes 2 full weeks since they said it shipped and it still hasn't shown up whether it was coming from one of their other warehouses or not.

I think it depends on your order size. I ordered 5 games a few weeks ago in the previous sale and had fedex shipping with tracking number. Maybe I had a unique situation but it may depend on order size.

#240 Vinnyg32

Vinnyg32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but used Tekken 6 for 360 is now $12.99 and used White Knight Chronicles for PS3 is now $19.99