MadWorld (Wii) $7.02 at Amazon

[quote name='Brother Daz']fuck, I really miss having prime. I think I may end up actually buying a membership[/QUOTE]

for this u dont need prime. Its a third party seller with free shipping

game is sweet but it's a shame it doesn't work with component cables (unless they patched it... if they did I will be picking it up)

Might pick it up, but I doubt it cause my TV looks like crap with standard definition inputs

Great deal tho

Damn, I was so excited for this game when I first saw it but can never bring myself to buy it. It keeps dropping, dropping, and dropping. Even at $7 I can't bring myself to buy it. Why? What is it about this game that tells me not to buy it? I hear it's short, but still, for $7 that practically doesn't matter anymore.

[quote name='sp8001']game is sweet but it's a shame it doesn't work with component cables (unless they patched it... if they did I will be picking it up)

Might pick it up, but I doubt it cause my TV looks like crap with standard definition inputs

Great deal tho[/QUOTE]

Does it look worse with component cables, or just not any better? as i just ordered some today

I can't believe I was still on the fence for a $7.02 game. So I justified the purchase because I'm a Sega Fan Boy....who is late to the party.

[quote name='Burchamj']Does it look worse with component cables, or just not any better? as i just ordered some today[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said was kind of misleading. The game works fine with component cables. Component cables offer a picture quality increase over Composite (red, yellow, white) similar to if not marginally better than S-Video. The other benefit of Component is its the only way of getting 480p (progressive) with the Wii, all other connections are 480i (interlaced).

Its not that the game won't "work" with component, its that the game doesn't support progressive scan output. Aside from my TV going black for a second while switching from 480p to 480i, I don't notice any difference, the game looks great.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and I bought this a bit ago for $20 and I think THAT was a great deal, so if you have a Wii, I'd say, yeah, just jump on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GDorofu']Yeah, what he said was kind of misleading. The game works fine with component cables. Component cables offer a picture quality increase over Composite (red, yellow, white) similar to if not marginally better than S-Video. The other benefit of Component is its the only way of getting 480p (progressive) with the Wii, all other connections are 480i (interlaced).

Its not that the game won't "work" with component, its that the game doesn't support progressive scan output. Aside from my TV going black for a second while switching from 480p to 480i, I don't notice any difference, the game looks great.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and I bought this a bit ago for $20 and I think THAT was a great deal, so if you have a Wii, I'd say, yeah, just jump on it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I should have said 480p...

My TV's (crt hdtv) digital input can only display 480p and 1080i... it doesn't display 480i using that input. Which is a pain in the ass.

Im sure newer TVs work a little better than mine, lol.

So it works over component, but not 480p...

Even at $7 still on the fence on this one ... heard good things about it, but I can't stand the Wii controls ... what to do, what to do.

[quote name='sp8001']game is sweet but it's a shame it doesn't work with component cables (unless they patched it... if they did I will be picking it up)

Great deal tho[/QUOTE]

It works with component cables... it just not really much of an improvement. I should know because I'm using component cables atm. Red Steel 2 looks awesome with component cables, so its not just a Wii thing either.

....i've been on the fence on this game too. I just don't know....I have such a backlog of games to play so I'll probably won't get to this one ...probably will drop more. I think I'll check Kmart if they have some for $5. I could deal with that.

[quote name='super_dawn']....i've been on the fence on this game too. I just don't know....I have such a backlog of games to play so I'll probably won't get to this one ...probably will drop more. I think I'll check Kmart if they have some for $5. I could deal with that.[/QUOTE]

$2.97 at Sears if you can find a copy.

[quote name='sp8001']Sorry about that. I should have said 480p...

My TV's (crt hdtv) digital input can only display 480p and 1080i... it doesn't display 480i using that input. Which is a pain in the ass.

Im sure newer TVs work a little better than mine, lol.

So it works over component, but not 480p...[/QUOTE]

Crap, that is a pain. So do you have to switch to composite to play it? No need to apologize, I had no idea some TVs were like that.

[quote name='GDorofu']Yeah, what he said was kind of misleading. The game works fine with component cables. Component cables offer a picture quality increase over Composite (red, yellow, white) similar to if not marginally better than S-Video. The other benefit of Component is its the only way of getting 480p (progressive) with the Wii, all other connections are 480i (interlaced).

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and I bought this a bit ago for $20 and I think THAT was a great deal, so if you have a Wii, I'd say, yeah, just jump on it.[/QUOTE]

It blows my mind that a high-profile game like this doesn't run in 480p. Nintendo should require that of top-tier companies like Sega. 480i in 2010 is ridiculous.

One of if not the best action game on the Wii (kind of short though, about 5 hours). I've beaten the game about 4 times already, although I was playing it at someone else's house, so if I actually had a Wii I would totally jump on this right frigg'n now. Also irrelevant to state 'cuz it's common knowledge, but 'Plat games also made Bayonetta so if you liked that game - and have a Wii - then freaking buy this.

Just picked it up. Great price for un underrated good game on the wii that isnt shovelware. Seems I have been buying tons of Sega product (house of the dead, sonic unleashed, sonic all star racing, bayonetta) I dont think this would disappoint at this price.

Got mine. Factory sealed, baby. $7 for a sealed good game (I hope it is, at least) that's only a year old? Why is this plummeting in price exactly?

[quote name='Microshock']You have the 360 logo next to Madworld on the front page.[/QUOTE]

I'd be so in for one if it were for the 360.

despite the complaints of some, madworld is a great game. i picked it up when it was $9 and it's been worth every penny. fun to pick up and play a level or two occasionally- i would definitely recommend grabbing it if you have a wii.

This game is a great stress reliever. I'll pop it in for a half-hour or so when I've had an annoying day and just want to rip a few heads off.

bread's done
Back