Photo
- - - - -

MadWorld (Wii) $7.02 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

....i've been on the fence on this game too. I just don't know....I have such a backlog of games to play so I'll probably won't get to this one ...probably will drop more. I think I'll check Kmart if they have some for $5. I could deal with that.

$2.97 at Sears if you can find a copy.

#32 Revolution

Revolution

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

This game sucks. But for the price of a rental, who can complain?

#33 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

In for one. Thanks, OP!

#34 rerun

rerun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

In for one.

#35 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Gosh dammit I'm sick of these Madworld topics.

Cool story bro.

Thanks OP.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#36 GDorofu

GDorofu

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Sorry about that. I should have said 480p...

My TV's (crt hdtv) digital input can only display 480p and 1080i... it doesn't display 480i using that input. Which is a pain in the ass.

Im sure newer TVs work a little better than mine, lol.

So it works over component, but not 480p...

Crap, that is a pain. So do you have to switch to composite to play it? No need to apologize, I had no idea some TVs were like that.

#37 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:51 AM

Can't resist a $7 game.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#38 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:56 AM

i already bought RE4 Wii earlier with GameStop credit, but wth in for 1

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#39 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:12 AM

Yeah, what he said was kind of misleading. The game works fine with component cables. Component cables offer a picture quality increase over Composite (red, yellow, white) similar to if not marginally better than S-Video. The other benefit of Component is its the only way of getting 480p (progressive) with the Wii, all other connections are 480i (interlaced).

Its not that the game won't "work" with component, its that the game doesn't support progressive scan output. Aside from my TV going black for a second while switching from 480p to 480i, I don't notice any difference, the game looks great.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and I bought this a bit ago for $20 and I think THAT was a great deal, so if you have a Wii, I'd say, yeah, just jump on it.

It blows my mind that a high-profile game like this doesn't run in 480p. Nintendo should require that of top-tier companies like Sega. 480i in 2010 is ridiculous.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#40 yarkitty123

yarkitty123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:18 AM

One of if not the best action game on the Wii (kind of short though, about 5 hours). I've beaten the game about 4 times already, although I was playing it at someone else's house, so if I actually had a Wii I would totally jump on this right frigg'n now. Also irrelevant to state 'cuz it's common knowledge, but 'Plat games also made Bayonetta so if you liked that game - and have a Wii - then freaking buy this.

#41 EddieRoadDogg

EddieRoadDogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

Just picked it up. Great price for un underrated good game on the wii that isnt shovelware. Seems I have been buying tons of Sega product (house of the dead, sonic unleashed, sonic all star racing, bayonetta) I dont think this would disappoint at this price.

#42 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Got mine. Factory sealed, baby. $7 for a sealed good game (I hope it is, at least) that's only a year old? Why is this plummeting in price exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#43 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

You have the 360 logo next to Madworld on the front page.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#44 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

You have the 360 logo next to Madworld on the front page.

I'd be so in for one if it were for the 360.

#45 jful

jful

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

despite the complaints of some, madworld is a great game. i picked it up when it was $9 and it's been worth every penny. fun to pick up and play a level or two occasionally- i would definitely recommend grabbing it if you have a wii.

#46 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

It's in my goldbox for $6.67, so... why not.

#47 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

This game is a great stress reliever. I'll pop it in for a half-hour or so when I've had an annoying day and just want to rip a few heads off.

#48 weapon178

weapon178

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

This is definitely well worth the price.

#49 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

how low can this game go?
great game btw

#50 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Only $7 so I bought it. I dont even own a wii yet.

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#51 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

It's pretty easy to find at kmart for $4.97. I picked one up for that price a short while back. Often they are mislabeled, but it will ring up as $4.97 unless the store is super out of date. Also, at least at the local kmart, they were all sitting out in bargain bins, so no need to hunt down a kmart employee to get it out of a case. YMMV on that, of course.

#52 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Wow -- great price -- and yet, I'll pass :-) Game looks a tad too gory for my tastes.

#53 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

It has hit this price before on Amazon but it has never been lower than this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 Dantarp

Dantarp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

I had no idea Madworld came out for the 360...

On a related note, you may want to change the icon next to the name.

ach.png

#55 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

Wow... I might have to buy a 3rd copy at that price... I bought a second copy when it was $8.99 just so I could frame it. I bought my original copy day one for $39.98 and never regretted it. Platinum Games is the bomb.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#56 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Wow... I might have to buy a 3rd copy at that price... I bought a second copy when it was $8.99 just so I could frame it. I bought my original copy day one for $39.98 and never regretted it. Platinum Games is the bomb.

What are you going to do with the 3rd copy? Make love to it? :bouncy:

#57 Dmonrei

Dmonrei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Got mine. Factory sealed, baby. $7 for a sealed good game (I hope it is, at least) that's only a year old? Why is this plummeting in price exactly?

Well, as fanboyish as this will sound, the main reason why it's plummeting badly is because it's a new, M rated IP on the Wii from a "new" developer. M rated games simply don't sell well on the Wii, add to that the fact that Platinum games isn't a developer known to casual gamers and many are left wondering why they should buy it. It's really a shame as it is a really good (though short) game and is IMO one of the best Wii action games available.

#58 reallynotnick

reallynotnick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

I got a copy for $7.67, with free shipping and no tax I can't complain. Even if it can be found for $5 elsewhere I don't care, not worth my time to save $2.

Thanks! This is going to make a great b-day gift for my brother. Usually don't buy him stuff but at this price I can't resist (plus I will steal it and play it anyway :D)

Edited by reallynotnick, 08 May 2010 - 01:38 AM.

#59 JNKryo

JNKryo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

Saw this late but still got this for my coworker for $7.67. He's been looking for a deal on this game.