Photo
- - - - -

GS Weekly Ad 4/16-4/22 w/ coup: Extra 30% trade credit on 360 games traded. (Limit 5)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#31 chimpster1313

chimpster1313

Cleveland Sports Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

It's not L4D. Completely different.

I had fun for a while with it, but never got far because the save mechanism and difficulty were extremely challenging and frustrating.

This was extremely annoying. You can only save in bathrooms or VERY rarely at the end of missions. Also, breakable weapons are INFURITATING. However, it's fun to kill zombies with a bowling ball, or a shower head, or a stack of CD's (although that one is hard to pull off).
Posted Image

#32 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

I've had Dead Rising for years, and I only recently started completing missions. It's ridiculously entertaining though, plenty of comedy in a genre that typically is straight forward "OMFG ZOMBIES!". One of those games where you can screw around and have plenty of fun (though infinitely more fun once you've completed the game and removed the time limits).

Any game that includes the Shaun Of The Dead "zombie walk" as a special move is alrighty by me.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#33 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Dead Rising was a great game, just don't expect getting far without gaining some levels with Frank (this is not a game that you will do everything on the first play through expect to go through several times since it's a fairly short game). There are five different endings and several bosses that you can fight. It's nothing like L4D it's strictly single player . Takes place in a large mall so it feels somewhat like Dawn of the Dead. Basically you get seventy two hours to do whatever you want in a mall full of zombies. Eventually you can unlock an infinity mode that gives you no time limit.

Thanks Jp nothing for me this week.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

What's the TIV value for splinter cell conviction?

#35 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hmmm... I own skate 2 and have pre-ordered skate 3... Is there any reason for me to purchase skate 1?

76561198020429748.png

#36 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

What's the TIV value for splinter cell conviction?

Was gonna ask the same.

#37 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

Someone in the TIV thread got a quote of $21. Not surprising really.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#38 isd71

isd71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

Grabbed Dead Rising at my local Gamestop. They didn't have any on the shelf but had some behind the counter. The games is stickered and rings up at 14.99. I was about to say something when the guy was like wait it just took five dollars off. He was about to freak out but I told him it was in the add for 9.99.

#39 WasabiJoe

WasabiJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Hate to ask, but when you pre-order a game online from gamestop and use their free value shipping, when do you actually receive the game?

Do they ship it out early like amazon or do you get it 5-10 business days after the launch date? Considering ordering some stuff based on that info but I usually go thru amazon for no tax.

#40 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

They ship the day of release.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#41 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Didn't even pay attention to the ad this week, but after reading a preview of Dead Rising 2 I happened upon Dead Rising while walking out the door of a Gamestop, and decided I needed to play it for $10. (Actually $5+ after EDGE and remaining credit)