Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (GH) $21 @ Amazon.com [DEAD, now $26]

i looooveed it

this comes from a guy who has not yet played uc2

The game feels very adventurous. You can climb, run, jump and all of that. You have to solve small puzzles and the jungle scenery is pretty beautiful. The character's dialogue is pretty witty and funny at times.

There are shotting parts but they are pretty ok. you can always punch em and finish them with your pistol. :D or punch em to death is fine too.

i also liked the part that he is an average guy. He doesnt have superpowers or steroids like most of these games being released. He is a normal guy with a pistol and a sense of humor who is adventuring for a fortune.

i just re-bought this game to get the platinum. i enjoyed it so much the first go round, and uncharted 2 was probably the best game ive ever played. i love the series and can't wait for the 3rd one!

[quote name='cRodz']i looooveed it

this comes from a guy who has not yet played uc2

The game feels very adventurous. You can climb, run, jump and all of that. You have to solve small puzzles and the jungle scenery is pretty beautiful. The character's dialogue is pretty witty and funny at times.

There are shotting parts but they are pretty ok. you can always punch em and finish them with your pistol. :D or punch em to death is fine too.

i also liked the part that he is an average guy. He doesnt have superpowers or steroids like most of these games being released. He is a normal guy with a pistol and a sense of humor who is adventuring for a fortune.[/QUOTE]

The gunplay actually ruined the game for me. For those that haven't played it but have played Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games, the adventure/exploration gameplay is pretty much taken straight from them (with worse animation). I mean that litterally, its Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider exploration gameplay with worse animation.

The exploration I enjoyed for what was there, but the gunplay is so mediocre and there is just way too much of it. I was hoping for a quality exploration game, but it honestly ended up feeling like a 3rd person shooter with mediocre wanna-be Gears of War-esque gunplay. It just overpowered the exploration and I ultimately couldn't stand it anymore.

This game is criminally underrated. Sure the environments are less varied than the sequel, it's shorter, and there's no multiplayer component, but the narrative is more focused and the adversaries are more menacing. Plus it's a pretty easy Platinum Trophy, assuming you use the trick for the Blue Room.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I'll sell this to someone who wants it. Sealed GH for 20 shipped.[/QUOTE]
...and save a whole $0.54? Oh boy!!

Why would you advertise selling this in the thread with the same price from a known, reputable dealer? You'd have much better luck on ebay or in another area of this site. I can't imagine someone paying $20 to get it from you when they could go the Amazon route for the same price.

im kinda indifferent about selling it so its not a big deal for me. I am just throwing it out there for some one who wants a trade history here or doesn't want to buy a filler for FS.

Finally cracked this open and got through about 20% of it last weekend. Damn fun game...looking forward to getting back to it this weekend.

[quote name='geohouse']Great price in for one.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Same here, very nice deal cant wait to get my hands on this.

[quote name='JaxMoney']I've played about half of UC2, is this anything like it?[/QUOTE]

Very much so. If you're enjoying UC2, you owe it to yourself to pick up the first one.

This game is totally rad. The storytelling and cutscenes are what Indiana Jones 4 should have been. Gameplay is solid, gunplay is good, exploration isn't too involved (unfortunately) but the platforming is great and the animations are seriously excellent. I don't know what that other dude is on about.

bread's done
Back