Fable III Thread- Gen. Discussion & Info----- Let The Revolution Begin

• Please log in to reply
694 replies to this topic

#661 troy2007

troy2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

I (like many others) am sitting with 980/1000 because of that awful weapons achievement. I have 36 of 50. If anyone has a full set of weapons they would give me, I would be happy to help other CAGs by passing them forward. Send me a PM if you're interested. In turn, after I get the achievement, I will pass them to the next player who requests them (and so on, with any luck). Any takers? (Or givers, I suppose)

#662 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

Sounds diabolical enough to me. :lol:

haha yes it was! Although now everyone is always commenting on how I killed my husbands!!! lol ...gossip travels fast in this game! ..so yea that means I finally got my chef hat!! :)

...so I have 3 achievements left. I'm about 10 min away from getting that being in another person's world one...20 friends achievement... and of course the ridiculous we have guns one. I finally last night started writing down what I had and what I needed...omg...I'm doomed! lol

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#663 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

yes or no, is that robot DLC worth it

#664 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

How about a new DLC quest??? I seriously don't know why they seemed to drop this game in terms of DLC. Very disappointing.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#665 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

A couple of weeks ago Lionhead confirmed that they were planning future quest DLC with achievements... that's it though. No timeframe.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#666 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

yes or no, is that robot DLC worth it

Do you mean Overlord?

I don't think it was very good, but that was because of the lame ass hammerhead parts.

EDIT: Wow...this is not the Mass Effect thread...oops!

Edited by RichMeisterMan, 25 February 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#667 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I finally started playing this after I picked it up on amazon in December. I was a huge fan of the first two. I am have a blast so far aside from the frame rate issues that I often come across.

#668 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this. New Fable 3 DLC next Tuesday (3/1). + 250 achievement points and what sounds like some interesting gameplay and story elements. Here's the link to the joystiq article.

http://www.joystiq.c...n-xbox-march-1/

Sure, we all kind of got burned with the Understone mission, but this one has me excited. I just need a good reason to go back to Albion.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#669 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

Traitor's Keep trailer

It looks pretty sweet. I wonder if the Demon Door achievement is for new ones in the DLC, or the existing ones in the main game?

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#670 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Lots of stuff next week. Fable III DLC, Dead Space 2 DLC, Beyond Good and Evil, etc.

#671 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Lots of stuff next week. Fable III DLC, Dead Space 2 DLC, Beyond Good and Evil, etc.

Yes nothing else matters next, week because I missed BG&E the first time, picked it up when it was on sale on Steam and will def pick up a re-done version with achievos!:D
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#672 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

How is this game compared to Fable 2? I liked Fable 2, but there were some things that killed it for me (mainly the laggy framerate), is that issue still present in the third?
Also, is the ending a complete disappointment, or is it actually good this time around?
Posted Image

#673 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

I haven't played Fable 2; Fable 3 does have some framerate drops.

Posted Image

#674 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

In my opinion Fable II was better but you'll still have a fun experience. Combat is different, framerates are better, mostly, and you can really like or really hate the ending lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#675 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm having a really hard time convincing myself to like Fable 3. I played the hell out of the 2nd one, I guess I was just hoping for more but ended up with basically the same. Oh well, got it dirt cheap so it just feels like a really robust expansion pack instead of a whole new game.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#676 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

def pick up a re-done version with achievos!:D

Ima skip the beyond good and evil Btrain

achieves :roll:, yea this makes purchasing something you already have worth it!!!!!!!
!!!
!!

god this gen is riding last gen"S" way to much

#677 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

I haven't played Fable 2; Fable 3 does have some framerate drops.

Well in 2, if you're very well liked and near a lot of people (or when you're fighting a lot of bandits at once), it drops to about 5-10 FPS at times.

I guess I'll wait for it to hit $20 like I did with the first and second Fable.
Posted Image

#678 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Ima skip the beyond good and evil Btrain

achieves :roll:, yea this makes purchasing something you already have worth it!!!!!!!
!!!
!!

god this gen is riding last gen"S" way to much

I don't think you used enough exlamation points, yeah one more would have worked.

I don't have the game already, I do but it's not playable on my PC due to visual glitches, so I'm down getting it. The game was missed by oh I don't know everybody. If you already have the game, you're fine so I don't get what the deal is.

Edited by Spybreak8, 01 March 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#679 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

The game was missed by oh I don't know everybody. If you already have the game, you're fine so I don't get what the deal is.

but if you want that sequel... Well, you might want to show Obisoft some love as I'm not sure they are convinced... Hence that 10 dollar price tag instead of the 'more favored' 15 dollar price tag.

#680 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Anyone got a list of achieves for new DLC?(can't search it out at work)

#681 natiev

natiev

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

Anyone got a list of achieves for new DLC?(can't search it out at work)

Spoiler

#682 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:34 AM

been waiting for a review on the new dlc.. is it a yay or nay? lol

1080i is for douchebags

#683 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

been waiting for a review on the new dlc.. is it a yay or nay? lol

I personally haven't played it yet because of time, but my friend at work is about 2 hours into it and says he's really enjoying it. He mentioned how he was surprised right off the bat with enemies being harder. So that's pretty cool...I like a challenge.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#684 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

I've been waiting for some feedback on the new DLC, too, and the reviews that are mostly 8/10 is enough for me to buy it. I've always wanted to buy Fable DLC, but Knothole Island and See the Future from Fable 2 sounded very disappointing, so I never got them, and the Understone quest pack got even worse reviews. This one seems to be a decent 4 hour expansion on the combat and the story, which is enough for me to pay the 560 Microsoft points.

#685 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Ah I'lll wait for the inevitable Fable 3 DLC sale which will be like what they did with Fable 2 and Fallout 3.

#686 jab1235

jab1235

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 AM

it's one problem after another, 1st save got a game breaking glitch, 3rd save got all items, clothes, money, etc etc erased and gender changed? what did lionhead do to this game!

#687 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

I thought Traitors keep was damn good. Worth the price of admission.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#688 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

Has this game gotten any recent patches?

I rented this last early-December and I just couldn't get past the constant FPS drops. I mean, the game looks beautiful, but I'm apparently too sensitive to stuttering FPS rates to enjoy it...

And the price seems to be dropping pretty quickly, so I'm not sure what to make of that.
Steam: Rhett816

#689 StickyWaffles

StickyWaffles

Us Kids Know!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

I loved the Traitor's Keep DLC. I got all the achievements and played the crap out of the island. There were a lot of cool things to find, and fighting was always fun and challenging. I was impressed with the story and cutscenes too, everything was very cool. It got me back into the main part of the Fable 3 game too, so I went back through and destroyed all the gnomes and did some other things. For $7, it's definitely worth it, and it took me a long time to find all the collectable items. I think it took me 8 hours or so, but I definitely played through it slowly and explored everything, and I also didn't actually keep track of time, so that's more of a guess than anything.

#690 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

Ah I'lll wait for the inevitable Fable 3 DLC sale which will be like what they did with Fable 2 and Fallout 3.

And que Fable 3 DLC1 sale. EH I'll wait, not a good time for me with DA2 and ME2, let alone my backlog.