26. Mario 3 - fun
27. mario 64 - sucks
28. Tetris - fun
29. Hydlide - sucks
30. Bubble Bobble - fun
31. Crash & the boys Street Challenge - eh
32. Super Castlevania 4 - fun
33. Kabuki Quantum Fighter - fun

What a random collection of games to review. Yo! Noid!, Crash 'N' the Boys, Kabuki Quantum Fighters all in the same place?

The results of the one-word reviews are as ecclectic as the games that are reviewed, too.

I hate first person, i think it's a stupid perspective for gaming, i think retro screwed up metrooid and is raping my childhood.

[quote name='DenisDFat']I hate first person, i think it's a stupid perspective for gaming, i think retro screwed up metrooid and is raping my childhood.[/quote]

sorry to hear

if you do manage to get past the perspective though, there is a brilliantly designed game beneath it (I'm assuming you haven't played it substantially)

It took me a while to get into it too because it's so different than before. I would say it took me about a full 2 hours of gaming until I was totally immersed. The initial stage doesn't really do the game any justice.

[quote name='DenisDFat']I hate first person, i think it's a stupid perspective for gaming, i think retro screwed up metrooid and is raping my childhood.[/quote]

Your childhood is totally asking for it, dressed like that.

In any case, if you know you hate first person view why would you buy Metroid Prime? Especially when Fusion was available around the same time.

agree with...1, 4, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30
disagree with...2, 5, 7, 11?, 18, 27

It's nice to see that you don't hate EVERY good game.

I agree with most of your funs but as Battosai said I disagree with some of your sucks.

Metroid Prime is a great game( it took me 9 months to finish though because I got halfway through and thought it sucked because it was not as fun as a 2D metroid, I picked it up again and I was totally dumbfounded by the quality of game I had missed, The second time through I have not finished but the game became much more fun after one playthrough as I became used to it)

Also did anyone notice the games he said suck usually are harder than anything he likes. maybe he needs to sharpen his skills a little?

no one noticed because that's not the case.

only thing that makes OOT hard is mustering the willpower to slosk throoough it. The F-Zero is the SNES version, I knew to stay away after playing that, and Vj is one of the more challengeing games to come out in this nearly challengeless generation

also, I did not buuy metroid prime, just played someone elses copy until i had to get up and vomit. Did the same with Sonic Adventure.

[quote name='DenisDFat']no one noticed because that's not the case.

only thing that makes OOT hard is mustering the willpower to slosk throoough it. The F-Zero is the SNES version, I knew to stay away after playing that, and Vj is one of the more challengeing games to come out in this nearly challengeless generation

also, I did not buuy metroid prime, just played someone elses copy until i had to get up and vomit. Did the same with Sonic Adventure.[/quote]

MP does suck if you only play it for 15 minutes or two hours. Hell it took me half the game to finally get used to everything where I actually felt that I controlled Samus well enough to be able to play the game like a Metroid game should.

Sonic Adventure is not all that bad. the sonic levels are halfway decent and the good outwieghs the bad(some levels in that game do suck though)

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='SteveMcQ']You liked Wind Waker more than Ocarina huh?[/quote]

I did, but I actually liked OoT unlike DDF[/quote]

That's good, since Wind Waker is superior in every way.

Dude, you gotta do it with like three word reviews or something and make them funny, not just say sucks or rules.

Examples:

Enter the Matrix Exit.

Ninja Gaiden Controllers dent walls.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Dude, you gotta do it with like three word reviews or something and make them funny, not just say sucks or rules.

Examples:

Enter the Matrix Exit.

Ninja Gaiden Controllers dent walls.[/quote]

We can't all be as funny as Wayne Brady.

[quote name='st0neface']I demand another 33 reviews! Include some fighting games next time too.[/quote]

Fat does not like fighting games if I remember correctly

Here is what I think the reviews should be (at least for the games i've played):

2. Metroid Prime - amazing (once you get the hang of it)
4. Viewtiful Joe - slick as hell
5. F-Zero - can get repetitive fast
7. Ocarina of Time - riveting (there's a reason we all admire Miyamoto)
8. Wind Waker - awesome game, but not a fun game (if that makes sense)
9. Majora's Mask - eh (i agree)
11. Super mario RPG - easy-to-get-into combination of the mario kingdom and turn-based role-playing
14. Secret of Mana - fun (finally, you got one right :) )
17. link's Awakening - fun
18. Metal gear - sucks (i hope this isn't your review of MGS 1, because this game was/is the pinnacle of gaming at the time)
20. Link to the Past - Fun
22. Splinter Cell - sucks (why did you even play this if you didn't like MGS)
24. Mario 2 - fun (fun, but just didn't seem right)
26. Mario 3 - fun (the best (well tied with super mario world) for THE 2D mario game)
27. mario 64 - sucks (no, you suck :) this is the father of 3D gaming and one hell of a game at that)
28. Tetris - annoyingly addicting and fun

[quote name='DenisDFat']Because you asked for it

34. Street Fighter 2 - fun
35. Mortal Kombat - sucks[/quote]

haha nice. This reminds me of the critic w/ jay sherman. "It stinks!"

[quote name='Zoltek99']Here is what I think the reviews should be (at least for the games i've played):

2. Metroid Prime - amazing (once you get the hang of it)
4. Viewtiful Joe - slick as hell
5. F-Zero - can get repetitive fast
7. Ocarina of Time - riveting (there's a reason we all admire Miyamoto)
8. Wind Waker - awesome game, but not a fun game (if that makes sense)
9. Majora's Mask - eh (i agree)
11. Super mario RPG - easy-to-get-into combination of the mario kingdom and turn-based role-playing
14. Secret of Mana - fun (finally, you got one right :) )
17. link's Awakening - fun
18. Metal gear - sucks (i hope this isn't your review of MGS 1, because this game was/is the pinnacle of gaming at the time)
20. Link to the Past - Fun
22. Splinter Cell - sucks (why did you even play this if you didn't like MGS)
24. Mario 2 - fun (fun, but just didn't seem right)
26. Mario 3 - fun (the best (well tied with super mario world) for THE 2D mario game)
27. mario 64 - sucks (no, you suck :) this is the father of 3D gaming and one hell of a game at that)
28. Tetris - annoyingly addicting and fun[/quote]

If you really think Metal Gear sucks, I highly suggest you pick up a copy and replay it. The engrish may be bad, but the gameplay is amazing, and the game overall is a blast

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='SteveMcQ']You liked Wind Waker more than Ocarina huh?[/quote]

That's good, since Wind Waker is superior in every way.[/quote]

You didn't find the overworld travelling overly tedious? It got ridiculous having to sail from one end of the world to another taking five minutes. I know I liked the Epona section of OoT more than the boat-sailing parts of Wind Waker.

The sailing length is greatly overstated, much like the current day reputation of Kid Icarus.

p.s. everything after midway through the dexu tree in OOT was tedious. And epona handled worse than someone's fat mother. I was ready for that game to be over when I beat the whale dungeon.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='SteveMcQ']You liked Wind Waker more than Ocarina huh?[/quote]

You didn't find the overworld travelling overly tedious? It got ridiculous having to sail from one end of the world to another taking five minutes. I know I liked the Epona section of OoT more than the boat-sailing parts of Wind Waker.[/quote]

I wouldn't know if it's tedious to sail from one end of the world to the other as I got the Ballad of Gales which made it a lot easier to get from place to place. And comparing it to Epona isn't really apt. I mean, you spent less time on the horse, sure, but Wind Waker is a far bigger world and there's a lot more to do on the boat than the horse.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']yo noid! sucks? that completely discredits anything youve ever said.[/quote]

yea Yo! Noid is actually really good. I agree with you on that one.

I love the New York level, though I hate the second one(ice stage)

36. Chrono Trigger - sucks
37. Sole Kaleburiere - sucks
38. Legend of the Mysical ninja SNEs - fun
39. Shingen the Ruler - sucks
40. Adventure Island 2 - fun
41. Fester's Quest - sucks

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='st0neface'][quote name='SteveMcQ']You liked Wind Waker more than Ocarina huh?[/quote]

You didn't find the overworld travelling overly tedious? It got ridiculous having to sail from one end of the world to another taking five minutes. I know I liked the Epona section of OoT more than the boat-sailing parts of Wind Waker.[/quote]

I wouldn't know if it's tedious to sail from one end of the world to the other as I got the Ballad of Gales which made it a lot easier to get from place to place. And comparing it to Epona isn't really apt. I mean, you spent less time on the horse, sure, but Wind Waker is a far bigger world and there's a lot more to do on the boat than the horse.[/quote]

what is that? a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote.. what the heck are we talking about again?

[quote name='DenisDFat']i take it as a compliment when a mangrapple fan dislikes me. because they obviously have poor taste.[/quote]

Nice comeback.
BUT, you're a Critic fan, so it's meaningless:)

How is OOT tedius, but WW's not?
Strike 1

MP sucks while many a shitty game is listed as meh?
Strike 2

Jay Sherman is your idol? From that craptastic sack of shit know as The Critic?
Strike 3, you're out.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']

[/quote]

Let's see, big empty field, very little grass to cut, several stealth section, way too many craptastic horrible dungeons. WW reduces the number of dungeons, thereby reducing the possibility for equal tedium..

There's only 1 single game rated "meh' in the entire list. Further proof mangrapple fans lack any reasonable cognitive power. And metroid Prime sucks hardcore.

it's already been established that you have no taste because you are, in fact, a fan of the mangrapple.

Strike 3, you're out of the closet.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='DenisDFat']i take it as a compliment when a mangrapple fan dislikes me. because they obviously have poor taste.[/quote]

Nice comeback.
BUT, you're a Critic fan, so it's meaningless:)

Strike 1

Strike 2

Strike 3, you're out.[/quote]

strike one, agree
strike 2, agree
strike 3, agree (critic sucked real bad)

and this is coming from a non-mangrappler too.

i have never agreed with denisdfat on any occasion but you are all crazy to think the critic sucked. that show was comedy gold. unfortunately it got cancelled. but i saw it on dvd and encourage everyone to buy it.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']i have never agreed with denisdfat on any occasion but you are all crazy to think the critic sucked. that show was comedy gold. unfortunately it got cancelled. but i saw it on dvd and encourage everyone to buy it.[/quote]

hehe mk9 so you just agreed with DDF =)

[quote name='DenisDFat']but a brain-dead moron, nonetheless.[/quote]

So what, no whitty comeback? Just a weak retort? You could have at least came at Kill Bill, or penguins, or something.

WW's the better game because it's shorter? That answer is nothing short of retarded. 15 min of sailing is more tedious than anything you can think of in OOT. WW is my favorite Zelda, but face facts it is the most tedious out of the entire series.

MP sucked because it was in 1rst person? Sorry if the 1rst person view made you "sick", but that doesn't change facts; Metroid Prime is without a doubt the greatest Metroid game to date.

My opinion doesn't count because I'm a wrestling fan? Mangrapple? That's lame, not even funny. At least that ignorant asshole cloudspekk could make me laugh (at him); you’re just too pathetic.

It's overly obvious at this point, your just some very sad person looking for attention. I guess you think your "cool" for begrudging most of the popular games, well what ever.

As for the critic: mostly boring, stale jokes, and running gags that ran for far too long, BUT I will admit; it had its moments. Much like your bid for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back