Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/18/10 to 4/24/10)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

not alot going on this week then

#62 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

poopy dealz
Michigan Snowgoon

#63 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

This wasn't on their website. Bioshock 2 Limited Edition PS3/360 is drop to $69.99. YMMV

http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=9739989
PS3
http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9739907

I know the store I work at has had these at $70 for a while but it seems the web site is reflecting it as well now.

#64 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Snagged a few pts cards, thanks OP

#65 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

With Circuit City out of business, they no longer have to.

/nod. the local CC was like a block down from my local BB. When they went out, BB knew they had us -_-

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#66 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

This week only: Save $20 on James Cameron's Avatar: The Game and get it for only $19.99 in Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ref=106&loc=800
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k:-$:fridge::-({|=:applause:

#67 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

It's been like that for weeks (if not months) at Target already...

#68 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

okie doke, just got this in my inbox...figured some people would like the RZ points also...
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k:-$:fridge::-({|=:applause:

#69 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

it's been $19.99 at BBuy for weeks...bought the collector's edition about a month ago ... $19.99 ...

#70 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Been meaning to stock up on points cards for all three systems. Also have a 10% off target rewards card ready to go, so I'm about to go big I think. Don't suppose the ad says anything about a limit per customer, does it?

No limit per customer. Checked and double checked the signage when I was setting them up this morning.

Be careful with the XBox cards though; make sure you get the correct one. For some reason, Microsoft has the habit of releasing multiple versions of the 1600 point cards causing Target to put them all in the system under different DPCIs, and only one or two DPCIs are flagged for the $17 price tag I think. I know I had to pull a bunch today because they weren't ringing up correctly.

Stocked up on some of the PSN and Wii cards today myself. The sale plus my employee discount gave me about $100 worth of points for a mere $75. :applause:

#71 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, this is in the weekly BB ad too. I guess they're pushing this game since the DVD & Blu-Ray come out this week.

#72 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

Is the Collector's Edition worth buying for $19.99?

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#73 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Is the Collector's Edition worth buying for $19.99?

well you get a 6 inch Jake Sully figure and 6 exclusive weapon unlocks, If you are getting the game then yeah collectors edition is worth it for same price

#74 Armor42

Armor42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hah, so you can buy avatar for $20 at best buy and then trade it in for $20 credit at best buy...
[URL="http://raptr.com/Armor42?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#75 MidnightRider1

MidnightRider1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Just Picked up two $20 PSN cards for 34.00 even

#76 sdclippers

sdclippers

The Sinister Kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

it would come out at more than 20 with tax.

#77 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

Is this game worth $20? Had someone come into BB the other raving about how amazing it is and was jumping for joy when I told her we had some copies in.

Odd thing was nowhere in her excitement did she say she actually played the game before.....I was confused. Call me crazy but I think just because she enjoyed the movie she figured 'the game' is just as good.

#78 WhytePanther

WhytePanther

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

No limit per customer. Checked and double checked the signage when I was setting them up this morning.

Be careful with the XBox cards though; make sure you get the correct one. For some reason, Microsoft has the habit of releasing multiple versions of the 1600 point cards causing Target to put them all in the system under different DPCIs, and only one or two DPCIs are flagged for the $17 price tag I think. I know I had to pull a bunch today because they weren't ringing up correctly.

Stocked up on some of the PSN and Wii cards today myself. The sale plus my employee discount gave me about $100 worth of points for a mere $75. :applause:

No, I did the same thing. Like I said, I had the 10% off rewards card, and I got a total of 14 cards. $280 worth of cards for about $215. I coulda gotten more, there was a fresh rack of all three when I went early this morning.

#79 Chris60319

Chris60319

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

It's been like that for weeks (if not months) at Target already...

At least in my area, it was on sale at Target for 1 week then went back up to $39.99........
Posted Image

#80 stakeraiser

stakeraiser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

Is this game worth $20? Had someone come into BB the other raving about how amazing it is and was jumping for joy when I told her we had some copies in.

Odd thing was nowhere in her excitement did she say she actually played the game before.....I was confused. Call me crazy but I think just because she enjoyed the movie she figured 'the game' is just as good.

Imagine the gameplay of Lost Planet but worse, I got it used for 13 and promptly got rid of it

#81 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

I am interested a little in this game. I havent been able to Gamefly it and for some reason i keep thinking i may like it. I really enjoyed Bionic Commando for $20 and that game wasn't well received either. Anyone have any comparisons with it and/or like it?

I make more money in one year than Stotch will make in his lifetime.

Wrencrest.png

#82 bthoma

bthoma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

For people who want PSN cards:

If these cards are out of stock at your local Targets (they are at mine), then you can essentially get the same price online. Just follow this link: http://c.couponcabin...-041810?afsrc=1 (pop-ups must be allowed). Add three $20 PSN cards to your cart and checkout. This will take off $5, which pays for shipping for me, making the total $51.xx.

Hopefully Nintendo points cards come in stock sometime this week as well. Also, for some reason the Xbox cards are still 19.99 online...so this doesn't really work for those at the moment either.

#83 BionicJoe

BionicJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

Damn, wish I would have read this before heading out. I bought some other items along with a points card and didn't realize until I got home that I was charged the full $19.99. I'm assuming I can just return it as long as the code isn't scratched off.

#84 Erathaol

Erathaol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:55 AM

I may get two points Cards tomorrow. First I'm going to check if it stacks with employee discounts, as I know someone that works at a Target.

#85 Bulrog

Bulrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

I may get two points Cards tomorrow. First I'm going to check if it stacks with employee discounts, as I know someone that works at a Target.

Yeah it does I used mine today. I bought 3 and it came out to $45.90.

#86 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:59 AM

it's been $19.99 at BBuy for weeks...bought the collector's edition about a month ago ... $19.99 ...

They sell this at Best Buy? I dont see it on their website.
Posted Image

#87 Archfiend

Archfiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:16 AM

Should I get this game even though I haven't seen the movie?

#88 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

I played mine for about an hour before pulling it from my 360 and putting it up on eBay. It wasn't a terrible game, but the sound kept cutting in and out while I played. I tried installing the game to the HD to see if that would fix the problem, but the problems remained. I wasn't into the game enough to play with wonky sound, so I sold it.

#89 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:17 AM

well you get a 6 inch Jake Sully figure and 6 exclusive weapon unlocks, If you are getting the game then yeah collectors edition is worth it for same price

Searching google, I can't find any evidence of that version of the game was available in the US. Even on eBay, I can only find two sellers from the UK selling that.

The Avatar "special" edition that BestBuy is selling is just a toy accessory called "i-Tags". You download PC/Mac software and hold up the card to your webcam and then press the areas on the i-Tag and I think it does animation and/or sound. Serious junk.

The only redeeming reason to grab this instead of the regular edition is so that this game box is fatter than the regular games on your shelf. Giving the illusion that it is special.

Inside, it is still the regular sealed version of Avatar so worst case scenario: you toss the rest. They should have included the soundtrack and/or some game unlockables.

As far as the game goes (I rented it before), you don't play as a main character from the movie. That could have been okay for some IP, but in this case, it is sort of a let down. You begin the game doing errands. I did a number of them until I lost interest. There isn't an open world Pandora (explorable areas get bigger, but I still felt confined). I know that some of the decisions and tasks later on look pretty cool so I will go back to it someday (I say that to a lot of my games).

Only get this game if you can't enough from the movie or are a 360/game fanatic. Otherwise, go back to playing Just Cause 2.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#90 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

Been thinking of getting the CE is this at all stores or YMMV because at mine it was 59.99 still

Kamagii.png